1143 topics in this forum
-
Here's an interesting one... ...Well-known DIY store, big car-park, school summer holidays - busy, midweek day but a mixture of people in the vicinity including some children. Officers sitting in a car at traffic lights outside are approached by a woman who says that a man is urinating at the side of the building which is also right close to the entrance to the store. Officers drive in a see a young man (probable mid-late twenties) in a suit getting back into his car having obviously come from the relevant area where the pool of urine is visable. When the officers approach him, the guy is somewhat distressed and apologetic explaining that he had been driving in massiv…
-
- 26 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Greetings forum, Hopefully some one can help. I have noticed that a large number of members have a listing of their current progress in the bottom left hand corner of any threads they enter. Could some one please tell me how i can do this so it automatically appears on my own posts/threads. Please Regards Alberttrotter1
-
I MAJORLY NEED HELP. WHAT ON EARTH IS THE NEW MYSTERY REVEL FLAVOUR?!?!?!?! I ATE A WHOLE BAG LAST NIGHT AND I STILL CANT WORK OUT WHAT IT IS! HELP ME PLEASE ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! LAURA
-
Hello all, I am due an upgrade/change of phone and am looking into phones with big memories which will be handy to download films etc onto to keep me company on those long, lonesome, wintery crime scenes. A lot of colleagues have Nokia N95's but they are a bit big boring and ugly I've been looking into Samsung Innov8 aka i8510 But shall I wait til the Nokia N96 comes out..... choices choices In short, I'm an old bird with a limited knowledge of technical stuff If it was up to me I'd have a pretty pink phone but really want to watch films, play games and stay amused. so if anyone is from a mobile phone working background or has any of the above/other phones and has …
-
- 21 replies
- 7.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
This is true, i wont be naming the force or area for obvious reasons, when me and my girlfriend were walking to the taxi rank after a night out we saw a girl roughly our age (20-25) through herself in front of a police car, we continued queing as the police in the car were with her and appeard to be helping. Before we got in the taxi they drove off and the girl tried to get into a taxi although we could hear the driver saying he wont take her anywhere as she claimed to have no money. Me and my girlfriend (myself applying for the met and my gf wanting to be a councilor) decided to help her out and told the taxi driver we would look after her. We decided to walk to the…
-
hi all can anyone help, i have an interview in 2 weeks and they have asked me to bring in proof of any certificates i have, i have the majority, but not my school exams one, i left school 20 years ago and i have no idea where it went too. my husband once had to produce his and he phoned his school about 15 years later to be told they dont hold details anymore. do you think this will be a problem, i have been in my job at the moment for 18 and a half years. Please help Thanks K
-
Hi there. The other week I was driving home and was stopped by the police and breathalysed. It was the morning after the night before, and I honestly felt I was okay to drive. Anyway at the police station I blew 43 in breath. They asked if I wanted to take a blood sample, so seeing as I had nothing to loose I gave a sample of my blood. This was about 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing back. Since I need my car as im a self employed window cleaner, I’m really worried that my blood/alcohol level will be over the limit and I’ll loose my licence. Can anyone tell me if the blood/alcohol level will be higher or lower? And also if 35-39 in breath is the limit, does thi…
-
Has this happened to you? You have a credit card, with a 6,000 limit, for no apparent reason the credit limit is reduced to £320. Phone up ask them why, the reasons are non specific as expected. I have many cards, but non before has treated me that way. One can imagine a situation you need petrol your miles from home, get out credit card, and the amount it has been reduced by will leave you and your passengers stranded. Nice one Sky!!
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I've received a few emails recently to say that I have a user has added me to their friends list on PS.com. The problem is, when I click the link on the email to manage my friends, or if I go to 'My Friends' on the main forum site, it says "No friends to display". Also, within the 'My Friends' tab, I tried looking to see if I had to approve any of them but it said "No Friends to approve". Having friends is a good think so I'm hoping you guys could let me know what's going on and how to enable this option on the forum. Many thanks in advance, Edd
-
Hello, I am writing from United States and I am enquiring about UK self defense laws. Not sure what exactly to ask, but I was told that in UK self defense laws favour the offender rather than offended in most cases. I am rather perplexed by those statements since I was told that by numerous people, who albeigh may be disgruntled regarding UK law system. I currently reside in New York, a state which has strict laws when compared to other most other states as well as 0 tolerance policy. But what I am interested to know is what would be appropriate form of action in the case of following situations: A person entering one's house and after being asked to leave, refusing …
-
I've had a problem getting online using chrome, I've had to revert to steam powered IE. Any other chrome users had the same problem or is just my computer?
-
- 13 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have received today 11/11/2008 that my car has been caught going through a speed camera about 5 miles from my house,but i wasnt driving i would have been in bed at the time stated! It says at 07:30 my car was speeding i dont get up till 09:00. The speed was 82 in a 50! What shall i do now im really,really worried im supposed to be going in GMP in January! Im going to request photo evidence. So what will happen? How can i prove it wasnt me? will this stop me becoming a police officer!! Thanks Tim
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm missing a couple of userbars from my signature. Now I know I'm no `techo-junkie`, but I haven't done anything to remove them, they just disappeared overnight. They had been there for some time as DanielS knows. How does this happen? I'm hoping DanielS is still around to kindly replace them for me? :D
-
Hello I am a trainer with the Met Police teaching Evidence and Procedures to PCs. I am in the second year of my PGCE and need help from other police trainers regarding Autistic Spectrum Disorder and the ways in which officers can recognise "symptoms" in members of the public. There isn't much training for officers in the Met and I am interested in how other forces approach the subject...if in fact they do! Thanking you in advance
-
I have done an introduction giving a few details of this event, but we need some help around the country in all forms of help. The Chicken Run IV UK Tour is a huge charity event which takes place annually and it is run to support 2 charities every year. This years charities will be The Air Ambulance Fund and one Police Fund. We have written to the Pdt (Police Dependants Trust) but had no reply whatsoever, and so we are looking to find out what other Police Charities exist. We have been told of 2 others, which are the Traffic Patrol Orphan Fund and the Black Rat Fund. Can anyone help with maybe contact details of these charities ?? One of the 6 guys on this years run…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-