1143 topics in this forum
-
Hi, does any one know where i can get some belt loops which will fit to my stab vest please. I seem to spend all day pulling my trousers up! I've seen other forces where the loops come already attached but not on mine (west mids). It'd be great not to have to worry about a lovely target area... Any help greatfully recieved. Thanks in advance
-
My first scenario post. If anything i want to make sure from you clever bunch that I would be doing the right thing and possible other ways to deal with the situation. 1st scenario - Your on the beat, bit of a quiet day and your patrolling with your colleague who happens to be gay. He comes onto you. How would you react? 2nd scenario (and im sure has happened to a lot of current officers) - Your on the night shift in the city centre. Not letting out time so its relitivly quiet. Then a member of the public pinches your bum, what would you do? (the person can be of either gender)? My answers 1. I would probably be shocked. I would know my colleague was gay and…
-
There are more and more website that help u with uploading and sharing pics. So which one do u think is the best. I have experienced some websites : Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket Chà o Mừng Đến Với www.SaveHinh.com - We host your pictures forever - Fast images uploading and sharing tool for your websites, forums and blogs Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing ImageShack® - Image Hosting If you know other better websites, please share it 2 me. It may help me much :) khidotdh88
-
I have downloaded the latest ad-aware program, turned off all i can see so it will not start up with computer, nor should it update or scan without me clicking on something. This includes unticking everything in ad-aware and msconfig. But the thing just started up by itself, so somewhere deep inside computer, is another unticked box, does anyone know where this may be? Thank you!!
-
Hello Hello... :smiley_notworthy: Can someone help me out here i would like help or guide lines to feed me through this website on how i can upload a pic off me or a picture if you get me i aint got a clue if i have done it or how i do it lol... So if somebody dont mind spending a few minutes helping me out woulod be very nice off you!! Many Thanks... Gaz999
-
Hopefully I will finally have a job this week (G4S security, 40 hours - 6.20 an hour). So my question is, would I be worthy of credit, if so how long is it usually before you are eligible to get credit and would having credit go against my application with the police force? I don't have anyone to support (other than 30 - 40 a week to my family), so I wouldn't really have a reason to miss a payment. I know I'm getting a head of myself, but I'm pretty eager to buy a cheapish car. Cheers CJ
-
Is there a way of finding plumbers, plasterers or decorators without being ripped off? I have asked my mates, and none of them really have anyone they could recommend to me, and I'm reluctant to just pick a name from a phone book. I will be wanting jobs done one at a time as i get the money to afford them, and want a professional to do the living room, kitchen and bathroom - I will do the bedrooms myself as I'm a complete novice! I can just about manage to hang lining paper and paint it! Also... Does anyone know where you stand buying 'ex display' stock with regards to defects and faults? I want to save as much money as possible and will be startign with the bathroo…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
------------------------------------------------------ THE SCENARIO: MAN WITH KNIFE ------------------------------------------------------ You are called to a report of a domestic between two brothers in an address. All the call taker managed to get from the informant (who is a female at the address) is that they're fighting now. The informant has then hung up. ------------- THE FACTS ------------- 1) You are single crewed. 2) The area is a high crime area. 3) Your colleague has contacted you via your radio saying, "Hey mate, that address has two brothers in it, both i've locked up before for a Section 18 (Grevious Bodily Harm) i'd get someone to back you up. I'…
-
- 36 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all, was hoping someone might be able to give me a hand with some money troubles. I ended my old tenancy on my flat at the end of December, however my flatmate at the time had someone to take my place so I said I could moved out a month early provided he paid me back the months rent. We agreed to this and the transition was all fine. After speaking to his new flatmate he said that he would pay me back my deposit + months rent, but said it would take a few weeks because he was having a dispute with his old landlord about the deposit and didnt have the full amount, £978.75 in total. Anyway at the end of December he paid me £550 from his wages but said he was waiting…
-
While watching a series of the highly watchable program COPS on sky during the show a car chase was taking place, the narrator was listing all of the driving errors and faults etc, at one point the getaway driver swerved toward the police car in a way of getting away, at this point the narrator said, "And trying to run a cop off the road, is another count of attempted manslaughter.." in alot of ways the cops in USA seem to have a zero tollerance on that kind of stuff, and story ended with the guy going to prison for a very long time.. But, would that be the case in the UK. I personally agree with the narrator,, what do you think,, by the law and by your own opinion?
-
I was the outside beat P.C., (Traffic control, taxis, cars, vans, parcels and pedestrians.) at London Road Station Manchester early 1960's. I received a hurry up telephone call from the uniform inspector as follows, word for word he said, "The Kray twins are on their way to you in a taxi, there are Scotland Yard Officers following them in another taxi, do not speak to the Krays but escort them to their compartment on the London Train." The scenario just a few minutes later was just like a film set, but this was real, the twins in their dark suits and slick hairs styles got out of the taxi, and without even giving me a sideways glance walked right across the front of the…
-
I'm a civvie. the scenairo... I come home and find a man sitting in my back garden who I don't know and ask him to leave, he says he's not leaving so I call the police. The police arrive and he says he's not leaveing and as tresspass is a civil matter the police can't make him. What would you do?
-
- 26 replies
- 729 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, my first post here, just thought it would be interesting to hear your views on the below scenario: You're off duty on a busy inner-city bus (with your girlfriend/boyfriend) and a group of 4 youths are listening to music very loudly off the speakers of a mobile phone. You can tell the other passengers are irritated by the foul-languaged rap music and the youths' rampant swearing. Your stop is coming up in the next 5 minutes or so. Do you just endure/ignore it, seeing as nobody's safety is immediately at risk (annoying as the behaviour may be), and consider that may change rapidly if you step in and one of the hooded youths happens to be armed (as is unfortunatel…
-
- 30 replies
- 1.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
In the last 15 minutes since last being here, all replies to threads have appeared in a table-box below the original poster; makes for very disorientated reading! Have I hotkey'd some forum feature by mistake or are you chaps trying out a new layout?
-
Hi. Im not sure whether this is the right place but oh well. When I am logged in, at the top it says logged in as jon_b (log out) Well when I click on the jon_b (to view my profile) it says: The error returned was: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. When I am abviously logged in. I also tried to send someone a message and i got the same thing. Can any of the admins or any1 help me? Thanks Jon