1143 topics in this forum
-
For reasons I wont go into on here (because it would take ages and bore you to tears) I'm thinking of getting my motorcycle licence and I'm after a bit of advice. Essentially If I get my licence I'm going to be looking at a bike thats good for commuting but also capable of the odd long distance jaunt and so a full licence would be more preferable. I've held a car licence for about 5 or so years now, and other than a bit of a mess about on twist and go's a few years ago and a bit of bike use on holiday abroad (yes I know the horror stories... I was young and care free!) I'm fairly knew to the biking world. I do however currently commute on a cycle and so have a little i…
-
- 13 replies
- 2.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
this is based on a recent film drama I saw which may be based on a true story or may be fiction an armed organised crime gang want to commit a raid on a secure building to carry out a high value robbery. they need an inside security worker to help them. They manage to get the wife and child of one of the workers and kidnap them. The wife and child are held by the criminals while they get hold of the worker. He's told everything and find out that they have his family, they tell him what they want him to do and if he goes to the police they will hurt his family. He's then dropped off from a van and is seen on CCTV. he is an asylum seeker and police are questioning why he h…
-
The scenario. You are walking between drinking places with friends late at night and you see a man mid 50s possibly homeless, stumbling about. You say hello and he incoherently mumbles back his greeting and goes off on his merry way. Further down the road you meet two asian gentlemen, you also greet them, have a little chat and continue on your journey. After realising that your destination is no longer open due to the late hour you walk back on yourself with your friends to find somewhere else to go. Outside of a council building you witness the flash of a camera phone and one of the asian gentlemen repeatedly kicking the drunken man mid 50s in the back whilst recordi…
-
- 4 replies
- 311 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm after a new car, but after reading up on a few sites I am considering leasing a new car rather than buying one. Has anyone any experience on leasing a car? Am I right in thinking a new car should be leased rather than bought in todays economic climate? Also I am currently in a poorly paid job, but can scrape together the necessary monies! I have a prespective start date of November. Should I get one now or should I wait till this time next year to get my shiny new addition? I should state that this car is more of a want than a need at the moment lol! Opinions please - especially on the leasing . . . Ta muchly, Meg
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Okay guys so im gonna be applying for the police very soon (iam only 18 and one month) i understand that the police force are looking for people with life expreience. Now i have been doing college courses since leaving school at 16 all these courses have been based on pre uniformed services etc.... Iam just wondering what job would give me a better chance of gaining entry i was thinking on the lines of something like bar work (being able to handle difficult people etc...) or a job were iam out and about, What do you think, also do any of you guys no anybody that actually got in at the age of 18, Sam
-
Hello all, did anybody watch "all the small things" last week on BBC1. If so, has anybody got any idea where I can get the acoustic voice version of the beach boys song "god only knows" that they played at the end. My fiance has decided that it is a good walking back up the aisle song - which is perfect, after 9 months of searching she chooses a song that is not in the shops etc! Cheers for looking Rich
-
Hi, I've trawled the internet high and low and not been able to find a large image of the Met police crest (the one that is on the beat duty helmets!) Does anyone have a large image of this, (preferably without a background) I'm in need of one to have it printed on a t-shirt! Thanks, Rich
-
Were can i get a application form for merseyside police also does anybody know when there recruiting again, Sam
-
I intend on buying a new tv, it must have 2 scart sockets, 37 inchs, flat screen, HD ready, and be under the price of £550. Considering the range of TV`s out there, i have no idea as to which way to look, do i get plasma or LCD, or are they the same thing? Thank you!!
-
Why dont emoticons load into my posts on this new layout when I click on them ?
-
Nice site and I like the fact you can put scenarios forward. OK, you’re called out to an employer who thinks stock has gone missing and suspects an employee of taking it. Employer produces a stock sheet which shows discrepancies but, these could be caused in numerous ways such as errors in deliveries as deliveries were never checked. Plus, there is a four month gap between stock checks. He also produces a printout of an ebay page belonging to one of his employees, this shows sales of similar items to some of the ones missing on the stock sheets. The sales on the ebay printout were done in a one month period between stock checks. You investigate and find no more ev…
-
Does anybody know where to stream episodes of the new series of road wars apart from the sky player? Cheers Guys
-
Hi All I'm really sorry about this but I am new on here (despite having been on here officially since 2004...) I've finally managed to change my password from about 14-character long alph-num password to an easy to remember one, but can I change my log-in name at all? Also am I a "student officer" on here because I haven't posted enough items or something? I have joined now and would like to update my personal info. Thanks in advance for any helpful (non-blagging) advice! Cheers Rosie
-
Im just wondering what the uniform standard for the attestation is, especially the boots .. do they need to be shiny or what? etc etc Many thanks in advance
-
i want to start to head towords the weght lifting bit is when i am older i can "Pull- 35kg Push- 34kg" i have join a gym what exercises can i do to start to build up to it?thanks in advance sam3210