Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. LMScott
    Started by LMScott,

    Is the technique of observing or videoing a situation taking priority over actually taking action while the crime is being committed and the criminals are still within reach of the long arm of the law, again not to mention individual senior officers in Manchester, but the question should be asked in a general fashion, "Where does valid observations and neglect of duty differ in principal and in reality. A recent T.V. news programme showed in great detail dozens of our Police being stoned and abused by football hooligans at Leeds, very little was apparently being done to arrest the criminals, the main plan of action being to film the yobs and then to spend weeks of police…

    • 7 replies
    • 276 views
  2. barnaby1546620372
    Started by barnaby1546620372,

    I attended a job last week where a male, a member of the travelling fraternity well-known to Police, was refusing to pay a vet for treating his dog. I attended and was told by the male that the practice would not give his dog back. I asked the vet if this was the case and she replied it was because the male was refusing to pay for the treatment. I separated both parties, with my colleague speaking to the vet, and me talking to the male. I eventually got from the male a 'commitment' to pay for the treatment - £52.00 - but only by a cheque in the post. I asked him why he'd come to the practice to collect his dog with apparently no money to hand and he didn't give an a…

    • 7 replies
    • 327 views
    barnaby1546620372
  3. flookyk
    Started by flookyk,

    Ok, this is the first time I have logged on since the new design of the forum and I have a problem who has pinched the "log off" button? where have you hidden it or am I destined to remain "logged on" for eternity.

    • 4 replies
    • 735 views
  4. skodawanabe
    Started by skodawanabe,

    I was stopping in a built up estate to start a three point turn. My car is an automatic. I have to have my foot on the break to put the car into reverse. Before I did this I looked in my rear view mirror With my foot still on the break a car reversed out of a driveway and hit his pasanger rear light against my car boot. I saw it comming and felt the hit, I was pushing my foot firmly to the ground so he did not move me. I switched the engin off and got out the car. He got out of his car and said "it has to be a female driver" and then went on to blame me followed by several insults. I told him he must be having a laugh, I saw him comming but there was nothing I could do t…

    • 13 replies
    • 410 views
  5. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, Can some kind soul could spare the time and help me out with some grammar, punctuation and spelling questions? would be appreciated. If I was writing a report and in the sentence I wanted to use "Police Officer" (or Police Station, Security Team, Legal Team and Security Guard) do I use capitals for the start of the word, or is it just lower case? (for example: With having a Police station on our premises, I will bring this up with the Police Officers who are...) (I will speak with our Legal Team regarding..) (I will organize a meeting with our Security Team to make them aware of....) Lastly, what is the difference between this: Customers' -- Customer's. Should I…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Can anyone assist Stuart in anyway with this ?

    • 0 replies
    • 479 views
  7. bahadirkhan
    Started by bahadirkhan,

    To All 7/7 First Responders: I am writing to request your participation in my doctoral dissertation research study. I received my Masters degree from John Jay College in Manhattan and I'm currently at the University of Central Florida-Orlando working toward a PhD degree. My research focus is to obtain an understanding of the affect of informal relationships' on emergency management effectiveness. The findings of the study will help to improve Emergency Management responses in the future. I am seeking 7/7 first responders who served with the 7th July Assistance Service, British Red Cross, London Fire Brigades, London Ambulance Service, City of London Police and Metrop…

    • 19 replies
    • 2k views
  8. barnaby1546620372
    Started by barnaby1546620372,

    I have a couple of questions regarding Mini Motos and the law that I hope more experienced Police Officers can help me with. On what basis would a Police Officer seize a Mini Moto if it is being ridden on a road or anything that constitutes a road or part of a road? As 99 per cent of Mini Motos are being ridden without insurance and otherwise than in accordance with a licence, I immediately thought that it would be seized Sec 165. However, Sec 165 only applies to motor vehicles only - and Mini Motos are legally classified as Mechanically Propelled Vehicles. Or could I seize the Mini Moto on the grounds that I suspect it is stolen - as indeed many are. I could seize …

    • 4 replies
    • 226 views
  9. birkenheadorange4life
    Started by birkenheadorange4life,

    what if a person walked in a shop and threatend to take of his fake leg and whack some one arcoss the head would they be gulity going equiped to assualt .

  10. Aviator_Bhoy
    Started by Aviator_Bhoy,

    Can anyone reccomend any car insurance companies which offer discounts to police officers?

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
    jemz1546620088
  11. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello All, One of my duties in the Armed Forces is to protect the establishment from any threat. This is particularly made difficult for staff working on the main gates during the weekend because of potential drink driving personnel. During a brief, I received orders from the commanding officer to refuse any person suspected of drinking, to exit the barracks by any conveyance (car/pedal bike etc). I understand that it is an offense to: "Drive/Attempt to Drive/in Charge of a vehicle whilst Unfit through to Drink/Drugs." But this only covers "Public Place" I have a 'Duty of Care' to ensure the welfare of the staff in my charge, but does this really extend to stoppin…

  12. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this! Would this be classed as "Breaking and entering?". Anyway, say someone comes through your door, uninvited, and starts attacking you or someone else in the house. What would happen to you, if you were seriously hurt them with a knife or a heavy object? Thanks CJ

    • 6 replies
    • 251 views
  13. samhain138
    Started by samhain138 * ,

    Hi, I’m new to the forum and I need some help as I’m currently writing a novel that includes a murder investigation. The story is based in Birmingham with my main character being a DS. I’m really looking for assistance with my research, help with piecing together what’s actually involved when running an investigation, so that I can make the book as realistic as possible. If anyone’s interested, please feel free to email me at chriswebb365@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks. Chris

  14. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Im the best man for my brothers wedding, havent written a speech and i dont know how to, help me!

  15. jessica123
    Started by jessica123,

    dropped my iphone a couple of weeks ago and its cracked up:(...it will cost £139 from apple to fix and i have no insurance on it...does anybody know where i can get it done cheaper? thanks Jess

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Kopite1546619987

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.