Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. barnaby1546620372
    Started by barnaby1546620372,

    I've had a brain meltdown relating to PNDs that I'm sure you could help me with... With your run-of-the-mill Sec 5 POA PND, you see the offence being committed, do your person checks to establish if the suspect is eligible for a PND and, if he is, issue him a PND which, hopefully, he accepts and endorses. Your aggrieved is the Queen or Regina, so all that's required is a crime report and a quick statement from you which you write on the back of the PND. What happens if it's theft or criminal damage and you do have an aggrieved - a shop, an individual or a council? Is a statement needed from the aggrieved in this instance? PNDs were rolled out to reduce paperwork...so…

    • 2 replies
    • 153 views
    barnaby1546620372
  2. Anthony Smith
    Started by Anthony Smith,

    I dont know what the official line for this is but here goes. You are off duty and going shopping with your wife and child. You park up in the car park of a large shopping complex and notice a child of around 3-4 sitting in the car alone, You wait for around 5 mins to see if a parent has gone to a ticket machine etc. But alas no one has returned? What is the correct thing to do?

    • 1 reply
    • 203 views
  3. riky.p
    Started by riky.p,

    Hey, I have a severe problem with my postman. Last week he refused to hand me my package although he was already at my door (it was too big to fit through the letter box). So I complained about him to his supervisor. I told the supervisor that I was partially dressed and wasn’t going to answer the door half naked, especially at this time of year. I stated that I opened my window and asked him to wait a few seconds to allow me to throw on a robe and answer the door, and that he rudely dismissed me claiming to have been waiting a long time. I know this to be a lie as I had put the rubbish out moments before I came back in to have a shower (hence the reason why I was wal…

  4. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    I've got a 3rd Generation 30GB iPod and it's never had any issues up until now. I plugged it in earlier so that some new songs I got could sync onto it, and it spent ages syncing and then decided that it didn't like syncing anymore so froze. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in again and it has deleted everything off of the iPod and re-formatted itself, leaving me with no music or anything on my iPod. I've got it plugged in again now and it's just not syncing any music or doing anything. I've tried manually re-formatting it again but it's nt making a difference. Anyone got any idea what could be wrong with it?

    • 5 replies
    • 869 views
  5. AIKD
    Started by AIKD * ,

    Hi all, I need some advise regrding revising for Sergeants exams but the thread is protected and will not permit me to post why?

  6. Ian_C
    Started by Ian_C,

    OK all.. I am normally quite good at PC issues,,, but I need a spot of help.. I have a downloaded audio track on my K850i which is in DCF format (yes I know this is a copyright protection issue),, but I need to know how to get it from my phone, to my PC.... Anyone got any ideas ??? Ian

  7. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    I have received a letter from a company - CCSCollect.co.uk, claiming they are collecting £470 owed to a previous employer. The letter contains my staff number and the employer's name, and state they want full payment by Thursday 18th before papers are prepared. And nothing else other than the ways to pay. My title is incorrect on the letter and it has come to an address i was not living at when i left that employment 18 months ago. I left on good terms, served my notice but they messed up my pay, and owed me roughly this amount, which they stated i could not have a payslip for as payslips were paperless and on an internal intranet webpage - that i no longer had ace…

  8. Bosco1546620364
    Started by Bosco1546620364 * ,

    hi all, i wonder if i can trouble you for an answer to an office argument.. someone at work was stating they called the police the other day and thought the officer who turned up was the kinda person they wanted to date, the question arose can police date people they meet through work!! none of us know the answer and shockingly only have the bill as reference!! just want to add that the person who called is happily married and infact was old enough to be the officers parent! one of those "if i was 20 years younger" comments and we all wondered the answer. thanks

  9. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hi all, when I come on this forum I somtimes get a message saying "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close", whenever this happens there is chinese wriing at the very top of my screen. I am no computer expert and I paid alot of money for added virus protection when I bought this machine. It only happens when I come on here and I post on other boards that use the same layout/format or whatever you call it. It is not a great problem as all I have to do is close the browser and re-open it, but just wondered if anybody had the same thing?

  10. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Guys A friend of mine has asked for assistance from you folks who may be in the know better than us He has a desktop which is now infected with Virus Response Labs 2009 He cannot gain access to his internet connection because of it so all of the malware programs which need updating will not work. Tried to manually remove it but this hasn't worked...... Any idea's ?

  11. Blue Dragon
    Started by Blue Dragon,

    Hi guys, I am just putting this thread for opinions of whether we should revert to working based from stations or more centralised. I have always been in the firm belief that our nicks should be open 24/7. At the moment many of us are aware not all Police stations are open 24/7. Whilst some are very small there are some in fairly decent sized towns that shut at say 10pm. Now I am familiar with cost effectiveness etc but I do think that we should go back to our Police stations open 24/7. I see it that at my force there are many occasions it would be beneficial to have local knowledge. Anyway your views are welcome but I do feel that stations should be manned and for us …

    • 1 reply
    • 181 views
  12. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Every few days or so, my password no longer works on here, and i have to go thru the whole palava of requestion a new one. It's the same with my hotmail too, but only on this laptop. Even tho I choose ones which hotmail classes as 'strong' after 2 or 3 days it stops working. Help! (and thanks!)

  13. toddy1546081070
    Started by toddy1546081070,

    you are called to ahouse where a man is being harrassed by a bailiff, however the man claims he is in fat justa dept collector from an agency and a bailiff would have a court order to enter his house. the collector has a sheet which looks the part but isntt. now what would you do, help the collector to gain entry?, show him on his way, how far could he go before the collector was actually arrested? this is somethion that may happen to you now we are in teh grip of the credit crunch

    • 9 replies
    • 333 views
  14. Gift_voucher
    Started by Gift_voucher,

    Hi All Just wondering what your reaction would be in the following scenario, it was a situation that occurred a few months ago. I have an application into the police pending and so I asked myself, how I could of reacted and what action I could of taken, had i been an off duty officer. Following playing football on a mid week night in our local league, me and 2 friends decided to go to our local for a quick shandy before we went home. It is a small, quiet family pub and there was only about 6 or 7 people in with it being a mid week night. There were 2 rough looking gents, sitting on the table behind me and my friends, who didn't seem local. One of them made a phone call…

    • 6 replies
    • 344 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. Charlie_Fox
    Started by Charlie_Fox,

    Hey everyone... I didn't know where to post this so i thought i would try here. I have recently found out that someone i know who is a 29 year old male, has met a 14 year old off the internet, twice, and has slept with her. I went to the police a couple days ago and they said that they can't do anything unless she comes forward. I don't know anything about the girl.. and have only seen her pics on myspace.. also another weird thing.. her profile there states that she is 11? but she tells me she is 14. i have her emails that she sent to him in which she says that she has slept with him.. enjoyed it etc.. but i have nothing else.. she has since ended the "relationship".. a…

    wannabepoliceofficer

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.