Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. Jaystars1546080907
    Started by Jaystars1546080907,

    Hi Can anyone help me with the forum views I just logged in and instead of seeing a whole thread im getting the first post and then underneath it hyperlinks to the next reply ? Been in My Controls and Board settings but cant find anything Cheers Sorted it Was the options tab on the forum

    • 1 reply
    • 766 views
  2. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Anyone got one of these [ I think it's V4 - small orange box with the new style windscreen holder ] I have inadvertently deleted some files [ ] and never backed it up on the updates provided by Tom Tom and could do with some assistance in restoring it back... Now the Speed Camera files aren't listed Anyone care to assist ! :smiley_notworthy:

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. 2106
    Started by 2106,

    A few weeks back i was reading a thread where someone posted something about a few books which give a real insight into what it is like to be a police officer. I have browsed throught but cannot find the post! Could anyone give me some names of books i can buy please. It would be much appreciated.

  4. toddy1546081070
    Started by toddy1546081070,

    Im sure many of you will be out tonite on duty dealing with problems this time of the year brings. so here is a halloween tale your on duty and you get a call from a resident who has been the victan of a trick or treat ordeal. he answered the door and was showed with bad eggs and virbal abuse off kids, theyw ere wearing masks but they are still hanging around the shopping centre, what is their crime? if you want some free scary ebooks and sound files for halloween please go to,pctodd.co.uk

    • 2 replies
    • 207 views
  5. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hi guys. I apologise for creating new thread, but could not see a thread relevant. I am having issues downloading the inital application for Met PCSO. I have got the Competancy part of it, but just not the one you put all peronal's down on.any suggestions before i have to call that god damn call centre? Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. UDR
    Started by UDR,

    Hey All Just wondered what would happen in this situation. You are responding to a 999 call and find the person involved is an old friend/ex partner etc. As this could lead to a potential conflict of interest, what would the procedure be? UDR

    • 1 reply
    • 261 views
  7. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Anyone know the best place to site the wall thermostat ? It's wireless so can be moved anywhere..... Presently its in the hall but it has been suggested the best place would be the top of the landing ?

    • 2 replies
    • 719 views
  8. maka
    Started by maka,

    no doubt over the next few days as we enter those dark nights, people will start to see and notice, oh my forum is an hour fast, this might lead to confusion, and of course, cheating when starting any potential "daily" so, how do you go about fixing this? Read on and find out, unless you are really clever and have done it already go to the top of the forum page and click on "My Controls" when that loads use the left hand menu and look near the bottom for "board settings" and select that make sure you are in the correct time zone for your location (GMT Casablanca, Dublin, London, Lisbon,Monrovia for the UK) next uncheck the box saying Is daylight saving ti…

    • 0 replies
    • 595 views
  9. Davyc
    Started by Davyc,

    Hi all - this is something I read in a local newspaper. I wont go into detail as it is still ongoing - but can anyone tell me what they would do if a "well known hard man" local headcase starts to intimidate and shadow box right in front of an officers face - what would you do or what could be done???? this sounds like it could be an explosive situation and seems as though I am going through recruitment at the moment - I would love to know how you experienced officers would handle this. Hope this is an OK sort of question for you all to answer - I would love to know as I wouldnt have a clue at this moment how I would deal with this. Dave

  10. Payback
    Started by Payback,

    There is a women intoxicated walking to the pub, when a 14 year old girl walks up to her and asks her for a cig. The women replies no, you should not be smoking. How old are you? the girl responds with a truthful answer, she then asks further does your mum and dad know you smoke? Whats your name? She answers all the questions truthfully and then asks again for a cig, the women then replies 'I'm a off duty police officer, you shouldn't be asking me these sort of things!' she then pretends to phone the station asking for backup. The girl runs off and shouts IM GETTING MY DAD!!! The dad rings the police, but what would they do? Is it a kind of impersonation of a police offi…

    • 4 replies
    • 278 views
  11. topcat1990
    Started by topcat1990 * ,

    Iv not long passed my driving test and i got insured on my mums car... it just frustrates me that i cant drive her car as well as i did my instuctors... Quite a few times iv been out in the car iv stalled at junctions and its so embarrasing... it doesnt help that the cars behind me beep thier horns. and it makes me feel pressured to move my car quickly... Everyone says it will just take time for me to get used to a different car . .

    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. basherbate
    Started by basherbate * ,

    Going through recruitment process at the moment and need some advice, Therefore I would like to chat to a serving CNC Policeman. .

    • 0 replies
    • 657 views
  13. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    So, after eight lessons of driving, I am still stalling the car. I can drive fine, as in roundabouts, junctions, etc. but whenever I reach a traffic light, or have to start the car, I end up stalling it. Apparently, I'm feeling pressure from drivers behind me, and shouldn't feel pressured, but it's just so embarassing Any tips? Now you may point and laugh :-P

  14. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Hey, not so long ago, when i was reading topics, the replies would just appear below, but now the subject link comes up and i have to view replies seperatly, how do i change this back ? Thanks James

    • 2 replies
    • 787 views
  15. edd_c
    Started by edd_c +,

    Hi all, I am guessing there must be a way on PS.com to get a summary of the threads you have posted in so that you can revisit those threads to see if anyone has asked you a follow up question to your reply. However I can't seem to find how to do this! I'm sure a few weeks ago I clicked through a few links and managed to get to a page that showed me threads I'd recently replied to but I just can't find that page again Your advice would be much appreciated! Cheers all Edd

    • 2 replies
    • 756 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.