Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    After my training has finished i am thinking of joining the RAF reserves, do west mids allow this, i noticed that west mercia constabulary support sabre (armed force reserve support).

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. vpc-thc
    Started by vpc-thc +,

    UTMOST APOLOGIES, but, I wanna do a poll! And can't figure out how!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 691 views
  3. Sonicgod1546620245
    Started by Sonicgod1546620245,

    What happens if a member of public insults a police officer as they walk past (or if a gang of kids hurls abuse)? Can anything be done to reprimand? Or does it get ignored?

  4. anon1546620251
    Started by anon1546620251 * ,

    You witnessed an event, called the police and after a while they took a statement. In the 18 months it takes the case to get to court, something happens within the police force which makes you withdraw your statement. Three days before the trial starts, you get a summons to give evidence. You are told that withdrawing your statement counts for jack and if you don't attend, you will get a warrant issued for your arrest. Is there anything to stop you getting to court, and refusing to answer questions, or not remembering what has happened?

  5. DannyBoy86
    Started by DannyBoy86,

    You are called to attend a scene in the early evening in a quiet town centre. A heavily autistic boy of 17 has run away from his care home and has been wandering aimlessly around the town centre getting anxious and panicky. He comes across an elderly lady and his manner is loud, incoherent and could perhaps be construed as aggressive. The elderly lady panics and starts lashing out with her stick striking the boy several times in the head, drawing blood, before he runs away screaming. The scene is witnessed by a man who phones the police. Your colleague detains the lad for his own safety as he is clearly distressed and seems like he might hurt himself. The whole scene is…

    • 2 replies
    • 165 views
  6. Payback
    Started by Payback,

    Hello, I was just wondering, what is the limit for tred on tyres? Mine are pretty much brand new, but I thought I should know this as I do not want to risk getting into trouble. If anyone could shed some light on this i'd appreciate it. Also, currently my Vauxhall Corsa's reverse lights are not working , I am getting it fixed shortly but, should I be driving it with no reverse lights? It is not the bulbs or fuses that are faulty. Cheers then

    • 7 replies
    • 25k views
  7. muppley
    Started by muppley,

    Hey Guys Hope you can help. I work alongside a girl that has a lot of boyfriend trouble, doesnt let her go out and says she is a victim off domestic violence. well i have noticed that she has been visiting a well known "gangsters" website and is part of the forum well she "accidentally" left the page up whilst she was at lunch and i had a nose and saw that she has been using my username "muppley" (i told her i used this as my nickname on my wedding forum, i have no way ever said i use a police forum). Now im a bit concerned as this "gangster" whos had recently had 2major films out and wrote numerous underworld books (she has also met him and had a picture taken at a boo…

    • 23 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Professional_Cynic
  8. victormeldrew
    Started by victormeldrew,

    You Stop and search a male, find he has a can of 'Farb Gel' in his pocket. What do you do?

    • 13 replies
    • 403 views
  9. BigAl479
    Started by BigAl479,

    Scenario - You are on the way back to the car after collecting a statement and a member of the public informs you there is a woman in the shop next door who has been attacked by a dog. You go to speak with the woman and hear shouting and screaming from outside, The dog has returned and is currently attacking another dog who is on a lead and the young female owner is screaming in distress Facts - You are on your own Public is crowding screaming for you to do something The dog is a very dangerous looking dog What would you do? (This scenario is something that happened a year ago outside the shop I used to work)

  10. WILFORD
    Started by WILFORD,

    This incident happened when I was on Holiday with my 2 children in the UK. I decided to pop into and use a public toilet. When I shut myself in one of 3 toilets available to do the necessary natural thing we do in there I saw a detached car wing mirror come over the top of the toilet. A male person in the toilet next to the toilet I was in was watching me. When I saw this I immediately left the loo and began banging on the toilet door for the person in there to come out. He didnt. I then went to a nearby shop to call the police in that area. I then saw the young male come out and he legged it from the scene. I recognised him very well. I did not run after him becau…

    • 15 replies
    • 657 views
    Sonicgod1546620245
  11. GNRDurksta
    Started by GNRDurksta * ,

    Hi there, Just need some advise really, I would like to join up as a Police officer then to go on to be a Traffic unit, is there a quicker way of doing this rather than doing two years as a standard Officer. Also I am EX-Military would that go in my favor. I did get into a little trouble just after I left the military (due to trying to adjust to being a Civvy) this is a few years ago now but I have been told I wont be able to join up until its been 7 years after an offence is this true Sorry for the long speech but I really want to join something worth doing again rather than the Job I am doing now.

  12. canda1
    Started by canda1,

    Do you 'proper' bobbys' watch the Bill? How different is the reality from the program? In what way,and how far out is it? Do you find it amusing, annoying frustrating to watch or wouldn't you don't you waste your time watching it? Just being nosy.

  13. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    If the driver is given the now mandatory 6 points for the above, can you then give another 3 for SP30? And if they refuse to name the driver after being dealt with can you request they are summoned again for failing to provide? If so, really, could you go on and on until eventually they are banned under totting up? (i wish i had done roads policing as a module in my degree as it really confuses me)

    • 4 replies
    • 236 views
  14. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    Hello. I need a new car. I have been searching the web and i think that VW is the best sort of motor to go for. I have been looking at all sorts and the VW comes out top for reliability and driver satisfaction. However i want to spend as little as possible, i either want a Mark 4 or Mark 5 and the exact engine i need is either 1.9 TDI 130 PD or the 2.0 TDI 140. A 1.9 Litre TDI with 90,000k will cost me about £5500. (52 Plate) A 2.0 Litre TDI with 70,000k will cost me about £7500. (55 Plate) Has anyone got either of these cars? Should i go for the older version mark 4 (still looks smart even today) or the more expensive 2.0 TDI? Mark 5? I could stretch to the 7500…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Anyone yet dl the latest version of I.E., is it as good as they say it is?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.