1143 topics in this forum
-
I think I might've posted this in the wrong forum. You give someone a PND for minor criminal damage and on another occasion one for shoplifting. Along with creating the CRNs for the offences, I take it that you also need a statement from the criminal damage and shoplifting aggrieved?
-
My old PC (about 4yrs old) won't recognise my USB stick and it's driving me nuts! I haven't used it for ages and now when I plug in the USB, the little icon comes up in the taskbar but it won't come up in 'My computer' and I can't seem to be able to save anything onto it. I always sign my USB in and out properly. But is there something I'm missing? Is it possible to adjust something in the settings for the USB to be properly recognised? Else my stuff is going to be stuck on there forever! The documents are too big for old floppys and the CD writer has packed up. Any advice would be great. cheers!
-
If anybody has any original early police photographs for sale please can you get in contact with me. I have also got photopgraphs for sale on request. Hope everybody is okay! Dalec
-
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a westmidlands police wallpaper for their pc, i ask this cause i feel that having that wallpaper there would inspire me to be what i would like to be, ive done google image searches to be honest not what im looking for im looking the the logo and a light background. before anyone suggest it ive tried to make make my own but didnt turn out very well any help would be appreciated. reguards GUD
-
Hello all. Anyone know where I might get my hands on a national uniform counties style fleece to keep me warm in this weather instead of the itchy old jumper? Cheers!
-
a simple one... a civvie finds a firearm outside in a public place, could be replica, could be real in this situation what advice would a police officer give to the civvie? should they call 999? should they call non-emergency number? should they retain the firearm until the police arrive to prevent it getting into the wrong hands? should they guard it until the police arrive to make sure the wrong people don't pick it up? should they immediatly vacate the area?
-
- 7 replies
- 330 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Right! Somehow I ended up proposing to my girlfriend, who I love very much, and thank god she said yes, I had to ask her Dad first which was worse than anything the police recruitment can throw at you I'm sure. Thing is, she has now turned into a wedding monster/bridezilla, and will not give me a minutes peace. It's my job to find 1st dance songs, I have been on every website going and there is nothing suitable. Suggestions please????? And no Brian Adams/Aerosmith. It has to be fun, loving, and what was it she said before I dozed off. Help.... I'm not a creative person.
-
- 33 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here is one that I am pondering over. You are called to a robbery and you are single crewed. You enter the post office to find a scene that you have a MOP on the floor knocked out, A suspect injured due to his partner in crime shooting him by accident. The suspect now points the gun at you and tells you not to move, However you notice that the injured suspect has dropped his pistol and it is quite close to you. Now do you have any right/authority to try and use the weapon on the floor if the suspect decides to start shooting people or you feel that he is going to kill you. Anyone?
-
Hello, I recently got stopped by the plolice and was ask to produce proof of car insurance, i am insured but for the life of me couldn't find my document or remember who i was insured with as i change it every renewal.(think they are in the bin) The police man was very understanding and checked on another datbase and found that i was insured, but now my car is out of action and heading to the scrap yard and i obviosly want to claim back the 9 months i will not be needing on it. Anyhow to get to the point, does anyone know how i would go about this beside phoning up every insurer and asking them????? Any help would be appreciated
-
I have been told that ive got 6 points in 2 years of passing my test so they have sent my licence off to dvla. I understand that new drivers will have their licence revoked but i am not a new driver, i originally past my test 7 years ago but twice i forgot to send off for my full licence so had to take my test again, this happenned twice! (i know idiot) now they automatically issue it. But will these other 4 years of driving without points help me any now?
-
You are on patrol with another non-armed officer in a rail station. You see a male speaking in a foreign, possibly arabic language, fiddling with his rucksack, being threatning and very hostile. The station is packed and some passengers are getting increasingly concerned. What do you do?
-
I have had this on the forum for the last 2 nights about 12.20am (you would think I would have better things to do at that time I know) This time it took the forum down for over an hour. Here is a screenshot of it I was wondering if anyone else got it, and if there is anything which can be done about it? [/url]
-
Hi I have a bit of a problem and I cant seem to find the answer as trying to find this information on police websites is like finding the arc of the covenant. I am an Army Cadet Instructor in the Humbersider area as part of the syllabus the cadets have to cover in order to progress they need to receive a talk from one of the statutory services. I cant really see a point in a fire safety lecture as they get that at school quite, ambulance talks are covered in their first aid lessons. However I think they could truely benefit and learn something from a talk by a decent copper. My porblem, I know that in a school I previously taught in they could arrange these things …
-
- 5 replies
- 755 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I hope everyone has had a fab crimbo, i however have eaten alot and need some help! I wanted to start a martial art and was looking at Kung Fu, but at the same time wanted to "lose a bit of pork" so to speak! Is kung fu generally considered good CV or is there any others that would be better, apart from Mai Thai! Cheers, Sam
-
- 12 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
You are one of 8 Officers on duty at a large international Airport within you force area, four are regular officers, four are armed. A foreign Carrier lands at a British airport within your force jurisdiction. The Foreign office immigration department has contacted force HQ that a passenger on board the plane has an outstanding international arrest warrant out against him. Your force has ordered you to act on the warrant and arrest the individual at immigration. He fails to leave the plane with the rest of the passengers and remains on the plane. He is a high ranking government official(accused of war crimes), and the carrier he is flying on is owned by his governme…
-
- 62 replies
- 2k views
- 4 followers
-