1143 topics in this forum
-
I'm doing a crime research task and im a little stumped on whether or not I can arrest for Section 9 The Fraud Act 2006 – Participating in Fraudulent Business, and at the same time (or if it’s a one or the other type of thing) Handling Stolen Goods s.22 Theft Act 1968. The scenario is of a jeweller who is aware a chap keeps getting hot jewellery, and keeps buying it of of him, well aware its hot. Thanks in advance!
-
Hi everybody I have informations about two road traffic accidents where 10 people claimed whiplash type injuries.Each one of them got from 1500 - 2000 pounds compensations.Plus they had accident claim specialists who also recieved for each case represented from 2000-4000 pounds . First accident involving a bus and a car ,6 travelers on bus pursued the claim against the bus company including the driver which was me. My ex friend from the same bus company I worked at that time promised me to pay 250 for each pasanger,when they get their compensations. I never got full money which I was promised.My friends mother,his sister,daughter,and two cousins where on that bus. Se…
-
- 21 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For anyone who wants to learn, the practical side of the job, for writing or film making, it is available, the sixties, life on Mars? the real Mc'Coy. Ex Manchester Sergeant Dennis Wood has done it expertly and with great humour, three good books and all selling quite well, I am just finishing the great read "On Another Beat," and really appreciating the accuracy of it, in describing how it was. Dennis is still to be found, looking as smart as ever, in uniform most Tuesdays at the Manchester Police Museum in Newton St, the old nick. As he says, "we would not last a week today," but as I say myself, we got results; on the Cheap.! I vividly remember, arresting, charging a…
-
having read in the paper about some officers with records, (here in manchester i think) i would like to ask; you have been working with someone a long time, they have proven to be a reliable officer who has been there to back you up when required, however an arresthas been made and the crim claims that your mate has done something he shouldt have (evidence planted, dont they all say that or something is missing), you feel that its all a pack of lies but then you find out your mate has had a past record . would this make any differance to your judgement of the officer or just that its,, in the past and everyoen deserves a second chance. i realise it depends on what has…
-
A Criminal Attempt is an act that is 'MORE than merely preparatory'. An attempt is also not the same as intent. So the male teacher convicted of the attempted kidnap of one of his pupils when various items - balaclava, rope, ammonia - are found in his school office, appeals and the conviction is quashed. Perhaps the intent was present, but all he had done was assemble the items he thought he needed to commit the act - he had not yet done anything 'more than merely preparatory' in the commission of the act. So, do you think two males disturbed by the homeowner kneeling down by the patio doors with a screwdriver in their hand is guilty of an attempt? Until they actuall…
-
- 7 replies
- 395 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Done a search and checked the forum information section but could find anything... I don't have the buttons to edit my post or do 'quick posts', i haven't been able to get on the forum as much lately so i'm not sure when they disappeared. Is this correct or has i brokened it? If it is correct, how does one edit one's posts now?
-
I was walking to a friends house the other day and went down a dark alley way. Its at the back of side streets. As I pass one of the side streets, around the corner of one I saw a group of 4-5 youths being spoken to by PCSO, note book out taking details. My question about this situation is if I was a serving PC (Only at application stage), would it be appropriate for me to stop and show my warrant card and render assistance. My logic for this is that in a dark alley way, with the PCSO outnumbered. If the situation got out of hand the assistance may be needed. At the time the situation looked fine and possibly just routine but later I started wondering what could happ…
-
- 12 replies
- 624 views
- 2 followers
-
-
You witness a knife robbery and start chasing the offender down a street he throws the knife over a garden hedge and you catch up with him and arrest him because your the pinnacle of fitness! You go back to seize the knife and on opening the garden gate the owner opens the door and tells you get lost and not enter his property!!!! (there is No fear and provocation of violence) As far as i can see.... you cant enter under S.17PACE and you dont want to wait for a warrant..... how can you immediately and legally sieze it?
-
I was already on bail due for court next week for driving whilst disqualified, But last night i got caught again driving whilst disqualified now i got to go Birmingham magistrates court on the 17th...
-
- 16 replies
- 12.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Anyone any ideas? Each day of the week a foreign national takes up residency outside a bank, on the high street of a town. It is not pedestrianised. He sits outside of the bank playing the accordian and uses a coffee cup to collect donations, but doesn't openly or verbally 'beg'. Every day the bank manager calls the police and they move him on. How can you solve the problem permanently? There's a 'no drinking' bye-law in place but nothing else. I had suggested a recurrent s27 direction to leave, using the 48hr max for the street each time, but that still involves the police being called, and a log being created each time, thus contributing to the ASB stats for the …
-
Hi All First of all I know the topic words incorrect But seriously my spelling has never improved since I was young, I have tried reading, writing and word searches! Has anyone got anyideas for me? And how important is spelling for the Job or can all be computerised and spell checked? Cheers Bobby
-
- 8 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I got thinking about the Caution last night and how it should be used when a Police Officer suspects that that person has committed an offence. Take a scenario: a male is stopped in his vehicle and is asked if he has anything on him or inside his vehicle that he shouldn't. The male says he has a gun in the boot. The Police Officer, wishing to confirm the truthfulness of this admission, asks the male to open the boot. The male does so and points at what appears to be an air pistol with several targets. The Police Officer knows that it's an offence to possess a loaded/unloaded air weapon in a public place and understands that for the purposes of the law a car boot,…
-
Last night, I was driving home from the Gym. It was around 20:00 and the roads were not to busy. In front of my vehicle was a Ford Fiesta. Around 100m in front of him was a Skoda. I was travelling at the NSL of 60mph. There was around 15m between me and the Fiesta. On this road is a small section (around 400 yards) were the speed limit is reduced to 40mph. Upon approaching this I checked my mirrors and slowed down. At this point there was nothing behind me. Around 200 yards further along the road a 58 plate Ford Mondeo nailed it past me at was must of been 70mph. I must also add he passed me on hatch markings and he swerved around a central marked pedestrian area. (t…
-
Hi Guys, I'm looking to pick some brains. I recently dealt with a domestic. Boy and girl split. He sends five nasty text messages and the most i can find in it is perhaps harassment. Despite some serious efforts to locate this guy for cautioning i just can't pin him down. However he does answer his phone. My skipper has suggested confirming his identity and cautioning him over the phone but this has started a who-ha in work. Anyone any experience or references relating to this? Cheers
-
Not having had the pleasure of dealing with one of these jobs yet can others share their knowledge please. In relation to dangerous dog allegations there are lots of various scenarios etc depending on whether it was in private property or public and the circumstances. Putting that aside, with a straight forward dog biting person in the street and the agg'd is able to indicate or state which address the dog came from how is the matter dealt with. The dog in itself is not illegal, you obtain an agg'd mg11 and crime the offence but what follows. I am aware that you must attend the address with the agg'd to formally identify the dog but what powers are at hand or where do we …