1143 topics in this forum
-
So can you wear glasses in the police force (i know you have eyesight tests etc...) so im just curious, i can read perfectly fine but when im concentrating on something it strains my eyes and i get headaches sometimes without wearing them, Sam
-
i had a phone call from a pc stating he had seen my son speeding on his motorbike! he asked to speak to me not my son! is that legal for a pc to find a telephone number from his reg plate and then call it? does a non traffic pc have sufficent experience to gauge speed just by looking?
-
- 60 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Waiting for traffic lights to turn green, along comes a Police car, its lights flashing siren on. By law would one be allowed to go through the red lights, in order to allow Police through. We must remember the traffic light cameras, would one get away with being flashed by such a camera?
-
- 30 replies
- 1.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Just finished a night shift. This scenario happened to me last night and id be interested to see how you all would deal with it! I love this job, you think you have dealt with just about everything and then something new happens to catch you off guard and keep you thinking! The scenario is as follows: Its 0430hrs and your local CCTV unit calls up over the air that he has seen three males come out of a house. There has been a party going on at the address all night and all three males look a little worse for wear. The males then get into a vehicle and the CCTV operator sees the headlights come on so he calls for a unit to intercept the car. You call up for the job as yo…
-
- 13 replies
- 558 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Not sure where to put this - didn't want to put it in the regional section where nobody ventures!!! Anyway if you go to the LBP website, there is a link to a young drivers challenge on 13th June, held in Dalkeith. I've signed up for it - basically I think it's some of the best police drivers come along and show you some moves, probably give you good driving tips etc.. and if you bring your own car you get to take part in some driving tests. Hopefully these wont involve tearing up my car, though, else I may not participate in that part........!! Anybody else checking it out? I think it's going to be awesome, assuming it wont involve condescending lectures!
-
I have just started with strathclyde police and a question arose when we were covering rules and regulations, i.e the following lawful orders part. Best to put it into a scenario and see what you folks think. You are manning the door of a crime scene and the superintendent has told you that under no circumstances has anyone to go into the building. However another officer, lets say another superintendent comes on to the scene and orders you to let him into the building. These appear to be two lawful yet contradicting orders from senior ranking officers, obviously you may say radio the original officer but lets say hes busy inside dealing with something and cannot answer. …
-
- 6 replies
- 249 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Lately we've (Me and my brother) have been seeing signs from our mum. After speaking with someone related to the family quite a long time ago, we've found out that our mum has a mental disorder. This does actually explain most of the problems that me and my brother have been facing when with her... She has a drinking problem, and she always wants to think she's right and control us when she's had too much. She doesn't like it when we try and defend ourselves to her, like if we raise our voices, she gets very mean. She has hit us a few times without being provoked, she has actually swung a sharp knife (He says it was a carving knife) towards my brother several times. One…
-
- 6 replies
- 733 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, i have recently inherited a long service special constabulary medal dated from WW1. the medal itself displays king george on one side and states 'for faithful service in the special constbulary'. the name of the recipient, Edgar Eady, is displayed on the edge of the medal. i have recently been in contact with northamptonshire police to see if they hold any record relating to the issuing of this medal and if they had any further info on Edgar, however they stated that their curator has retired and therefore i would have to keep phoning in order to try and catch him. the reason i went straight to northamptonshire is because looking at the 1911 census Edgar appears to ha…
-
- 3 replies
- 953 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Can anyone tell me how to measure the frame size of a bicycle? Which two points on the frame do you measure? Or does it normally shown somewhere on the frame itself? edit: i just found out from my mate on msn. from the point where the cranks meet the frame to the point where the saddle pole enters the frame itself. it should say it on the frame itself but I couldn't find it. I checked on the manufacturers website so I knew it was either 16" or 20". I listed it on ebay and guessed 20". but after my mate just explained it I went out and measured it and I was right its 20".
-
...aswell as being a police officer you are also a football referee, refereeing 11-aside football. Getting the abuse that referees get, someone calls you a f**in c**T. aswell as sending the player off, are you able to use the law and police training to your advantage and take the case further. Also, if you as the referee witness a fight on the pitch between two players, can you again use your police knowledge to take the case further?
-
How do i check my own criminal record i only ask because about 3-4 years ago i got given a warning by the police for stealing. What happened was when me and my cousin and sister were going into tesco 4 teenage lads came up to us and started threating us and said they would kill us unless we got something for them from tesco we were obvisouly terrified and didnt know what to do. They had said they knew were we lived etc... so we got caught and my mum had the pay a £40 fine because i was under 16 we had told the police everything and they gave us a warning and got descriptions from us for the lads. Can i find out the date when this happened will this go against me when i …
-
but how do you log out of this forum??? I can't see the log off anywhere!!!
-
Hello all, I have been curiously looking at the image gallery on UKPO which came to an abrupt halt with this message displayed... ..."You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image" Any advice with this matter will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Rick
-
- 2 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all I am currently doing a two year course at college (nearly finished my first year), and when I leave I (June 2010) I am looking to get into security/apply for special constable. I am currently 16 and will be 18 when I leave college in 2010. I have a part-time job at a supermarket. I am looking to apply for a security related job now, so I can build up experience and knowledge etc. The issue I have come across is that most secuirt jobs are 18 or 21. I am only 16! Are there any jobs about that a 16 year old can do which is secuirty related? Or any other advice please Thanks
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Have you got some form of malware or virus on your computer that's causing you problems ? Firstly try these options [ that is of course you have access to the internet ] Malware Bytes Malwarebytes is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance. Get it HERE Once the set up has completed, ask the software to update then perform a scan [ perform quick scan ] is fine and then once finished, remove any unwa…