1143 topics in this forum
-
I may be getting an iPod for Christmas. Can I start copying my CDs onto itunes in preparation ....or do I have to wait until i get the ipod and get the software from the thing itself??
-
hi there was hoping someone cud help me out with sum info plz. how long does it take before u hear bk from handing in ur app form?? and on my form i have a minor caution from when i was about 13!! will this affect it much?? im worrying over it thanks in advance
-
Hi, I need some advice, I rent a house, through a letting agency, the owner of the house contacted me about 4 weeks ago and told me she wished to put her house on the Market. She turned up at the house with estate agents to value the place and a few days later again with some workmen to see if anything needed to be repaired. This was all done by appointment abd I had no concerns. However I contacted the Letting Agent and informed them that I was giving my contracted 4 weeks notice to move and wished to vacate the property as I did not want to be renting a house that was up for sale incase it was sold and leaving me high and dry. The letting Agent found me a new place to…
-
- 11 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here we have a old film staring Christopher Walken. The scenario here is the second shot, murder? Manslaughter? Other? ( if there is an other) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-FLOh8a3L8 Looks to me that any investigation would conclude murder.
-
- 10 replies
- 447 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm a PhD student at Nottingham Trent University, and I'm conducting research into people's views on cyber-harassment. I'm inviting people who live in England and Wales to take part in an online chat (conducted via Instant Messenger at a time to suit you). The chat is really informal and I hope you will enjoy the experience. You don't need to know much about or experience cyber-harassment to take part. If you are interested, please follow the link below to find out more about the research: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5wbZ...fNqKTVXsg_3d_3d I really hope you will decide to take part, and I'd be very grateful for any help you can give. Thanks Catherine
-
Ok so the driver managed to hit a wall or anything on route to a call. He has not signed the car out or completed the log book. Nobody has seen him drive the car out the yard. He has driven through no CCTV. The only 2 people who knew he was driving was him, and his operator. Garage skipper turns up (eventually) and operator says he wasn't driving, driver too says he wasn't driving. Clearly one of them is lying, but the job can't discipline both as one would be innocent and truthful. What do you think would happen? And no I haven't pranged a car, I rarely even drive one these days!
-
- 9 replies
- 399 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just got a letter from the police (L&B) back at home. Turns out I failed the paper sift! I spent months filling it out, asked recruitment lots of questions regarding format, it was neat, I thought the examples were strong, I'm 25 so not too young and have some life experience. Bit disappointed, to be honest. I was going to try out the dyno tomorrow but I'm going to give it a miss now. All that hard work.... I wonder where it went wrong. At the back of the app, I did include my run-ins with the police. Verbal warning once for driving along one-way street wrong way. Stop and search once since robbery in the area. Stopped in Leith once on way to Ocean Terminal - probabl…
-
They've phoned me 15 times after initially telling them I don't want to renew my Burgman policy. Who do I report them to? FSA? Police? Trading Standards? Ghostbusters?
-
Hi I'm currently doing the tedious insurance quote routine for my little sister. Passed her test last week, just bought a car (only group 3), no points, convictions, claims etc and i'm struggling to get a quote under £1k. I've done the comparison sites and those that allegedly specialise in young drivers but no luck. Anyone know of any companies that give a decent quote for new young drivers?
-
dear sir, i am from srilanka one of my friend in uk he is overstaying due to his pasport not in with him so he stay more then five years after thet he bought car but no document so uk police arrested him they told to come some of day sir i want to know what they will give action for this matter please inform me he is fully fedup for this problem
-
some advice please. A man in a van with his mate pulls up to you in a carpark (as a mop not an officer) and offers to sell you a plasma or LCD TV, he looks at your car and coments how nice it is and asks if its fast etc. You say no dont need a TV mate and the cars ok cheers. He carries on driving round stopping at various pepole, you go for a walk to get the reg of his van but susspect he is watching you still so you go into and back out of a shop. On the way back to the car he pulls back across your path and says "I seem to be causing you a lot of bother you want my reg?" you brush it off then he says "if I get stopped by the poice I have your reg so I will know where …
-
- 20 replies
- 706 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Someone has drawn grafitti-type tags or offensive libellous writing in chalk in a public place. Has anything illegal been committed? Or nothing at all. I saw some pretty nasty stuff written on the seafront promenade the other day and wondered what actions the police can take, if any? Is it criminal damage or similar? Chalk is non-permanent and will wash away with water.
-
So I'm going to be accepting a new job soon - I need this as my current contract ends pretty soon. Also need it in case I don't get into the police! Problem is I start ~ 1-2 months from now and I'm worried about taking days off for police interviews and the like - don't want to give the new work cause for concern on my part, you know? The girlfriend is overjoyed at the new job I've got, she'd rather I stuck at it. But I still think engineering is going down the toilet in the UK and really want to keep pushing with my application - I hope I have the conviction to stick to my guns and not simply lie down with the new job. To my mind you can't beat a job in the police - va…
-
Hi folks, Not had to buy any boots since moving up North so can anyone tell me of any decent stockists of a quality range of boots, eg Lowa, Magnum, Altberg, Adidas, etc, so I can actually try some on for size? Would usually buy kit online but obviously, as you'll know, sizes with boots tend to differ depending on manufacturer and can differ slightly from your regular shoe size. Areas I'd be looking at would be anywhere in Yorks, Lancs or North East. Apart from Altbergs themselves and a couple of army surplus places around Catterick with a limited range of boots suitable for Police work not got a clue so any help much appreciated! Cheers
-
To explain what happened... I was ment to be meeting a friend as he walked home and on his was he was mugged for his necklace by a Polish man, who then ran away and after about a minute ran back and returned it to him, he then followed my friend back towards my house for about ten minutes back to outside my house where he started shouting and yelling about his pregnant girlfriend. He then shook my hand and then started talking in Polish to my friend who doesn't speak any polish, i turned to my right to look at my neighbors house as I could hear his voice raising and as I turned back he punched me quite hard on the left hand side of my head, above my ear, it didn't hurt …
-
- 20 replies
- 586 views
- 2 followers
-