1143 topics in this forum
-
I am trying to download the latest Sopcast when it downloads the links i want to use still do not work Any ideas
-
Is anyone experiencing any difficulities with this, the cursor does not appear and unable to straighten up my posts
-
So guys heres the scenario as follows... My dad owns a steel erection company and is currantly doing a job in Glasgow... He usually uses his normal security company... but this time they forwarded him onto someone else so without question he just said yes ok no problems ill use them (baring in mind that his regualar company for security is HUGE and this other company just works Glasgow ect) So anyways he hired the company from glasgow first day on the job on monday.. the lads left site because the 'Gatekeeper' said he has now locked the compound and they couldent put there portacabbins in there but they could however leave them there untill the following morning.... So.…
-
Anyone got an ikling about whats up with my laptopo screen. The screen stays fuzzy, and i have to shake the laptop to get a normal view, sometimes that doesnt work and i have to tun the laptop sidewards and put pressure on 1 corner of the screen, and then the fuzziness stops, but as soona s i let go, the fuzziness returns. Also some of the keys are not working, and there are like 2 dots on each side of the screen, like there is some liquid inside, but i havent put any liquid on the screen. I have got an Advent Laptop with a large screen. I have a feeling, the screen is cracked Any ideas?Does it cost alot to replace a screen?
-
I was in the health spa the other day and overheard a Few guys chatting. One mentioned that he was stopped by an unmarked Police car for speeding but as they were unmarked They couldn't serve him a ticket. He bragged that he Was hitting speeds over 100mph Do you reckon there was any truth to this?
-
- 25 replies
- 1.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I wondered if anyone could give me an answer to the following problem my colleague has encountered- A photograph was taken of a suspect which was passed to police by club doorman who stated they had taken an amount of class A drugs from this suspect in the nightclub. The photograph was put on display in the police station to try and get a name for the suspect, an officer then advised the O.I.C that my collegue was this suspect. My colleague was subsequently arrested for possession of class A drugs, he was interviewed and later bailed. The case was dropped a day later after concrete proof was provided that the suspect was not my colleague. This proof could have been easi…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. I have been looking at Jobs and career paths for the past 6 months as I was uncertain and confused about what I wanted to do for a career. I looked into police work and jobs and I was very intrigued by it, particularly the Ministry of Defence Police. I'm only 18 years old and dropped out of college in october 2009. I had previously been learning about IT through school - college but found that It was not really for me and found that I was looking for something different and more practical in a Job. From what I have read on Careers advice websites & from their personel it does not require any set qualification requirements? From reading about the jobs descrip…
-
- 4 replies
- 2.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hiya guys, Just finnished my second day of training today at Bishopgarth for WYP and having a great time so far with what seems a fantastic group of people. I'm posting in the help section as i'm a little unsure about something... I have bought a pair of LOWA PTB patrol boots from here http://www.patrolstore.com/Lowa-Boots-Patrol-p-613.html ..... If you look at the picture provided the boot doesnt have much space around the toe for BULLING as there is another matierial that runs around the outside oft the boot btween the sole and the leather (about 2cms thick). Is this material polishable? or is the boot still ok for bulling anyway? Please reply when you can. fank y…
-
On my way out of my local post office which, is situated next to a used car sales, I noticed a very young man (15 years approx.) looking rather shifty in his track suit and hoody get-up (I believe a certain Mr. Cameron would love to meet this guy) nosing around at the cars and one car specifically. It was quite obvious that he had an interest in a Peugeot, he looked nervous and was scouting his eyes around observing the people around him. Now, my question is: if you, as a PC, saw this young man acting suspiciously what would you do? Bearing in mind, he was clearly of compulsory-school age, looking around cars he couldn't legally drive or pay for and kept on walking awa…
-
Hi All I am currently in the process of recruitment, I am at the vetting stage. I feel that i have a good chance of passing other than the fact of one member of my family ( many years ago ) being a " new age traveler " since then he has grown up and joined society. I do not know if anything happen whilst he was on this adventures, We do not speak much so i can not tell if this will hinder my application Any help or advise would be welcomed Best regards bye.gif
-
Actually i live in Pakistan. But i have a strong desire to join UK Police force. So kindly guide me how can i join it. Im 19 years old and currently doing BSCS (bachelors in computer science) in my home country. Regards, Kaleem
-
- 4 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
We're all off on a 'jolly' to the American embassy near Hyde Park Corner, this wednesday coming, and due to the bad weather forecast I've booked a cheap hotel near Heathrow. The nearest tubes to it are Hounslow West, or Hatton Cross, Hounslow Cross would be the best one, but from looking at Google Maps, the car park looks absolutely jam packed, although I obviously don't know what time or day it was taken. Does anyone on here know that tube station, and if so, can they tell me what the parking is like there. We'll be there at about 7am as we need to be at the Embassy for 9, or would anyone know if Hatton Cross would be a better bet?
-
- 0 replies
- 581 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here is a little known new utility for use in Windows Vista (32 bit ONLY) and Windows 7 1. Read the info links FIRST before you commit 2. on your desktop create a New Folder 3. name the folder : GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} 4. the icon should change to a control panel, on opening yo will see quick access icons to over 200 Windows functions. It was published Jan 4th by Microsoft and is designed to make getting around Win7 a bit easier but works with Vista (32bit) just as well ; hope it makes someones life easier. to learn more before you commit, have a look at these links info http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html http://tnerd.…
-
I've had a quick look around, but cant find anything. Title says it all really, if anyone could help that would be great .
-
I have a slight problem in that I'm required to do the following but don't have access to any data sources, can anyone suggest something? I have copied the rest out in full so you know what I need to be doing, any advice? I need some actual data which is likely to be secondary data - i.e. data that already exists, and the calculation and interpretation of some statistics from that data. It is important that I am able to clearly describe the data and state its source. I am required to collect two sets of data which are of the same measurement but for which comparison might be useful. For example, you might choose the age distribution, remuneration or length of service f…