Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. special73
    Started by special73 * ,

    Hi all, i am new to this site. looking forward to talking to you. I dont know where to start, but i hope someone out there can give some helpful advice. My wife left me for someone else, i have a young son who lived with us. Now its just the 2 of us. She took all financial documents and savings policies while i was away with friends. She just left me a note she couldnt even face me! I filed for a divorce, my first solicitor after a few months said he couldnt get the outcome i deserve. Even though i had put a huge deposit on our home, she put nothing. I found another solicitor, who could see that my wife was being obstructive and wasting time so that i would lose everyt…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
    The Greater Good +
  2. Trojan 2132
    Started by Trojan 2132,

    Last couple of days, when I read a post I have problems using the ''Back Arrow''. I have to click on it several times to go back. Is it at my end? ALthough it's only this Forum that it happens on. Thanks

  3. jjfry
    Started by jjfry,

    Okay, so you're off duty, having a pint down the pub with your wife. There is a commotion outside and everyone inside the pub realises a fight is going on outside. Someone shouts out that 3 men are fighting against an individual male. As quick as it starts, the fight has ended; and as a result, the man on his own has been knocked/kicked/beaten unconscious and the 3 assailants have ran away. No one gets a good look at the men involved. Inside the pub, everyone is shocked at what happens and immediately phone for the police/ambulance services to attend. The operator on the phone points out that the police are extremely busy and it could take a while longer than usual for …

  4. Foster
    Started by Foster,

    I normally use firefox internet browser, but i am having problems posting replies. For instance when i click reply i can't select the white box to start typing, and no flashing black line is showing, but it does work for the fast reply? Is this a known problem with people using firefox or is it just happening to me? cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    Why is that all international phone cards,irresepective of company, never give the full allocated minutes, the amount of times i have used a card which was supposed to have 40 minutes, but only gave 20 is really irritating. Any way to take action against, these companies, or is a no win situation?

    • 3 replies
    • 606 views
  6. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    A friend of mine is due to move into a small flat, after getting divorced, and at the moment he has a computer desk, desktop computer, and printer and monitor, which takes up space he simply won't have in the new flat. The obvious thing is probably a laptop, but are there any other options, eg a telly which can double as a computer, which would also be space-saving; I'm thinking of something like a remote keyboard and mouse to operate the telly/computer screen, with the screen unit having all the inputs and outputs for printers, DVD etc

  7. specialm
    Started by specialm,

    Years ago I used to work with homeless people, drug addicts and people with mental illnesses. Along with their other problems, some of my clients had a few issues keeping within the boundaries of the law. One day I found myself taking a client to the magistrate’s court, along with a friend of his and one of my colleagues. The charge was something like taking without consent and driving whilst disqualified - I would have added offences against hygiene and accused him of being a toe rag as well, but that's by the by. So on the way to court, the accused bragged to his friend about his escapades on the day in question. It was obvious he was exaggerating a little, claim…

    • 9 replies
    • 338 views
    Aston1546620105
  8. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    My anti virus subscription runs out on the 09/01/2010. So my problem, This company has decided to take money from my credit card, firstly without asking, secondly a month early. I can only assume this to to give me only 11 months coverage instead of the 12 months. Are these people allowed to take money out of someone`s account without authorization? The month they wished to take away from me, is this theft? What is worse is, : £ 49.99(GBP) Total Tax : - Total Price : £49.99 Is how much i was charged. This is how much they have up on their web site Now from £31.19 Think i am being stitched up?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
    sword1546620377
  9. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    Finished work last night about 5pm walking through the town centre to my car.Crossing the road on a pedestrian crossing.A man was looking at me smiling like I was his long lost millionaire brother he vigourously shook my hand and followed me to the pavement. The conversation went. Man 'long time no see, how are you doing mate' Me ' sorry fella I don't recognise you' Man shocked by this ' Its me , skunk, I am your dealer do you want some now? Me also shocked ' I am called James I just can't place you' Man very quizzically ' Sorry James' I scuttled off as fast as I could in a very confused state. Bear in mind I am well over 40 5'7" and am now officially underweight…

    • 4 replies
    • 485 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I'm at the cutting edge now where I can no longer carry on paying what I'm paying, 400 quid, a month! I'm 19 years old, still living at home (200pm for keep) - money shouldn't be much of an issue I know. I'm driving a Citroen Xsara Picasso '04. It just isn't possible anymore, there is far too much of a strain what with wanting to have a life at the same time, buy bits 'n' bobs etc. I'm absolutely lost as to what insurance company will allow me to swap over without paying a 500 quid discount on top of the months worth! Prior to buying the car, insurance companies were asking for around 200 quid, but suddenly a week or so later, they wanted 400 just as I bought the car,…

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  11. spglos
    Started by spglos,

    I'm sure many officers have been in that situation, you see a vehicle coming towards you obviously going a bit quick but dont have opportunity to turn around and knowing that by the time you do it will be well out of sight....frustrating! A few days ago that was the situation for me. In opposite direction in 60 limit coming out of a bend comes a Range Rover Sport CLOSELY followed by an Impreza.....my window is ajar and I can hear turbos whistling and stuff, clearly enjoying themselves, not talking about massive excess, but exceeding for sure, and even in the most lenient of moods, its a road with a couple of blind corners and property entrances which exist a short distan…

    • 4 replies
    • 194 views
  12. PC ornot PC
    Started by PC ornot PC,

    What a couple of plonkers! http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/29/iowa.m...uise/index.html

    • 0 replies
    • 138 views
  13. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    I know this may seem an odd request for help, especially on a police forum of all places. OK, basically I love my missus to pieces but I really cant help but worry about her. Sometimes some of the most graphic and awful scenarios play out in my head and I simply cannot bear seeing her hurt like that. I know these things are outside of my control but the feeling of worrying about things IF they happen is enough to distract me/keep me up at night. Please do not think I am of weak character, I realise In the police I will be dealing with many nasty occurences, but thats work and this is personal. Any tips on how to just push away the worry and fear, and just enjoy life? …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. aaront1988
    Started by aaront1988,

    Ive been a hoverer on this forums for years now and just wondered if you guys could gimme a tad of advice. About 2 years ago, unknown date and time, I won a laptop on Ebay. Sent payment (£400) I spoke to the guy a lot and am pretty certain he genuinely had the laptop to post. He then, after a few weeks, said he had family issues and had migrated to spain so was unable to get the laptop back to me, but would return my money when he could. He never returned the money and kept giving excuses and now his phone is unreachable. I have a mobile number for him and bank details, as some of the cash was exchanged via banks. Would this be a civil dispute, a crime worth reporting …

    IAmHere1546620512
  15. lura345
    Started by lura345 * ,

    I have AVG virus protection always on and windows XP firewall enabled. Why do I still get infected with some Trojan horses? I check for updates every day so I am sure I am up to date.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
    Fishy1546620302

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.