Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. newbie20
    Started by newbie20 * ,

    if you have an assault on an evening and person subsequently refuses to provide a statement and only gives one saying they dont want to make complaint. does the suspect have to be interviewed.

    • 6 replies
    • 446 views
  2. sinbad1
    Started by sinbad1 * ,

    Where two men have notified the police of an assault (the same incident but reported at different times) would it be normal for one officer to investigate/question one party as a suspect and the other as a witness. I would assume that both parties have equal rights and if such a situation arose then both would be entitled to give statements as witnesses to an unbiased police officer other than a single police officer assuming that the first to report was the victim and the 2nd to report was to be treated as a suspect. This is a question on policy and as such it will probably vary dependent upon the force involved. More specifics can be added if this is needed altho init…

    barnaby1546620372
  3. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    I'm just a little confused as to when an entry is made. A tresspass is enterring without the owners consent BUT at what point is an entry made? If a person acidently walks into a private part of a building then this considered entry but what about if a person puts his hand through a letter box of someones house? Is this considered entry? Or is it only considered an entry if his/her action is made to effect a burglary? I would like to also pose the same question if someone was to use a tool such as a fishing rod. If a person was to push a fishing rod through the letter box then is this considered an entry? Or is it only an entry if this action is made in order to effec…

    • 18 replies
    • 503 views
  4. smoggy1985
    Started by smoggy1985,

    I have just put a post of the general forum and noticed that on my Police Specials long service ribbon I only have 1 bar on it, but I have been a member since 2007, anyone know why that would be?

    • 1 reply
    • 863 views
    Administrative Account
  5. flookyk
    Started by flookyk,

    If there is anyone here whose force still has some Honda ST1100's in service, can you please help. Myself and other owners have come across a serious problem that has or is developing with the engine casing on these. We have found cracking on the right hand engine block starting from most of the bolt castings, water drain plug and engine mounts, in some cases they have now deepened enough to cause coolant leaks. Can you ask your service garage to have a close look at any of these ST1100's you have and see if there is cracking on yours. They are behind the frame bar area, under the exhaust possibly also coming around onto the rear surface above the oil pressure switch.…

    • 0 replies
    • 2.8k views
  6. Jabba1546620650
    Started by Jabba1546620650 * ,

    I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction to get old of a previous convictions request form. I received a printed letter informing me i can get one of these from either a solicitor-probation-Call into my local police station. The charge will be 10 pounds.. And id need 2 forms of ID.. I called into my local station and was directed to www.westyorkshirepolice.co.uk.. All i can find is this SA1 form .... Is this the correct form??? And is it possible to access this directly from a police station? Thnx for any help in advance (Data Protection / Subject Access orm SA1 Application for access to your personal data held on West Yorkshire Police information…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    When I click on a topic the replies look like this screen-shot below; This only happened just recently so is obviously my fault! How can I get the topic replies to display correctly (one after the other instead of just 'links'?)

    • 3 replies
    • 868 views
    Administrative Account
  8. Cherokee
    Started by Cherokee,

    Have tried to sign up as a resident fed but getting no joy, sent two emails from work and tried messaging direct through the forum with no reply - is anyone out there?

    • 5 replies
    • 740 views
  9. Meugher
    Started by Meugher * ,

    Hello, I wonder if anyone on this discussion board can be of any help. I am an author, currently writing a book which deals with an event that took place on 23 January 1974 in the Llandrillo area of north Wales. At 8.38 pm there was a huge explosion, followed by an earth tremor (which was felt as far away as Liverpool). Lights were seen in the sky on and off until 10 pm. Police stations across north Wales were deluged with 999 calls and a police were called to Llandrillo where they carried out a search of the lower slopes of Cader Bronwen at around 10 pm, as well as searching the mountains on the following day. This event has since become a major UFO story (lots about …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
    TheGrimReaper
  10. colin28
    Started by colin28 * ,

    Hi, everyone Got my to assessment on the 6th-7th may. I have been studying for the tests, think I have the hang of them. Fitness shouldn't be a problem have a decent level of fitess. Any help from others that have been recently would be really helpful Thanks Colin

    • 1 reply
    • 182 views
  11. Basil the Rat
    Started by Basil the Rat,

    Bounty. For some reason, I can only use IE to post or respond to topics on ps.com. In Firefox I can't use the text window I'm writing this into now. I get the window, but no cursor. I've tried re-installing FF. Ideas?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. linus2
    Started by linus2,

    Scenario is ............. Call received from Mrs Smith stating her son who is in his 20s, has sent her a text message saying "goodbye mam, i'm going to kill myself". The son lives alone in a flat. Mrs Smith says she has tried ringing her son but keeps getting the answer machine. She received the message from the son 3 minutes ago, so this is happening now. Officers are dispatched to Mr. Smiths flat where they get no answer from repeated knocking. They try the door and it's open. Fearing Mr. Smith is in the process of taking his own life the Officers enter in order to safe life and on doing so, find Mr. Smith stood in the living room with a knife to his wrist. The off…

    Chrissy10 *
  13. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    I may be being stupid but all of a sudden the replies to threads on here are links at the bottom I have to click on to view them. Anyway I can put this back so I can simply scroll down to read them?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. pmsoft85
    Started by pmsoft85 * ,

    I have just bought a used car with a current MOT issued today, I checked on the DVLA website for MOT history and found the MOT was issued with advisories 1 tyre near legal limit 2 front brake disks corroded I was not informed of these advisories by the dealer and not given the MOT checklist. Surley this is not right. Would you sell a vehicle knowing one of the rear tyres is nearly bald. Is there an redress

    • 5 replies
    • 218 views
  15. Valleybobby
    Started by Valleybobby,

    Well ive been rewatching the American cop drama the Shield of dvd. In one of the series', (the one with glen close as police captian) they bring in to effect federal forfiture laws. The jist of these are : If caught selling drugs in your car, the police seize it and it becomes there property. Get caught with drugs at you home, prove its legitimately paid for - or its siezed. Get caught commiting crimes with jewellery on, its siezed. Just got me thinking as to the extent of this being applied to the U.K. And also to what extent is that already applied? Ive heard on a few occasions of 'drug barons' having their possesions siezed etc. Would this be a deterent to som…

    • 5 replies
    • 263 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.