1143 topics in this forum
-
Just got an iPod Touch 4th generation today, but when i turn it on i keep getting the itunes usb screen it doesnt let me do anything else,anyone got any ideas. I have tried googling it but the same issue has many different answers so bit confused!! Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley_notworthy:
-
Hi, Having problems with the internet at home. Currently with Sky and they have been spot on until this. They are telling me that they don't know how to resolve this issue other than to reset the router [which I have tried]. Im not very technical, so excuse the basic language. A month or so ago, the connection started to really lag and go very slow. It would then start dropping off and disconnecting and connecting itself. Then it would show as connected, but limited connectivity and therefore pages wouldn't load. When I view current networks I can see my connection is listed twice. One shows correctly as "SKY43929" [i will refer to this as No1] and the other as "…
-
Ok chaps, just a simple scenario involving 3 parties 1. Mechanic. 2. Vehicle Owner. 3. New Owner. Vehicle owner submits vehicle to Mechanic for some major expensive modifications (new parts added to vehicle ie wheels, cam-shafts, exhaust etc). The Mechanic is a friend of the Vehicle owner and they agree that the work will be done at the Mechanics expense initially (ie he'll buy the parts in) and the Vehicle owner will pay for the work later. Vehicle owner takes the vehicle away and then refuses to settle the bill with the garage for the new items. Vehicle owner then sells the vehicle, complete with the New parts, to a New Owner. Mechanic has been deprived of his g…
-
if someone enters your house but with a key, (how they got it is unknown but wasnt given to them what offence have they commited or does it depend on what they do inside?
-
- 19 replies
- 615 views
- 1 follower
-
-
A friend of yours, who does not own a push bike and instead drives, receives to there shock, an £45 FPN in the post, for ignoring road signs/not obeying road rules on a push bike. They notice there date of birth is printed wrong, and at the stated time had just gotten to there parents house, after driving there in the car. They have not rode a push bike in years, and went to the police station, where he received a crime number. It seems someone may have given false details, because they are accounted for and details are wrong. What would be the best way to sort it out? Contact someone, Have it goto court etc...? TIA guys, and FYI, I do not have an FPN myself.
-
- 7 replies
- 285 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just went to +1 someone, and I got this message; Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day I don't believe I have handed many out today though.
-
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but here goes, 2 Fri's ago, when I was locking up the office, the next door neighbour comes out, and asks me if I or anyone in the office has seen anything suspicious, as someone has tried to break into his house. As far as I know, no one had reported anything, but I told him to come around on Monday just to be safe, and get someone to look at the CCTV (I dont have access to the CCTV, only the directors do). We both thought it was just kids being silly, and thought none more of it. On Tuesday, while I was making my lunch (Cheese and ham sarnie, if you are interested ), at around 1:45pm, I see 2 extremely dodgey looking "East…
-
How do you find out which posts you have made have received reputation? Would be good to know what posts you've made that people agree/disagree with!
-
I'm running firefox with latest updates applied. I keep having an intermittent problem on PS.com, wondered if anyone else see's it or knows a fix? At the top right where your user name is there is an arrow for a drop down menu to 'my profile', 'my settings' etc. Well mine never goes. Which is rather annoying since it hides the 'show new content' and you can only just push the 'new topic' button! I click options on it, log out and back in, restart firefox, apply new updates, but still it remains. It does disappear sometimes but has been there for a few days now. Anyone else have this problem?
-
Hi all, You've probably noticed I haven't been on here much, but that's because for the last few weeks my broadband cuts off and reconnects every ninety seconds! It's mostly after about 8 at night, but sometimes it's all day. I'm an ex BT engineer, so the first thing I did was disconnect all the internal lines, after re-setting my BT hub failed. I've also uninstalled and re-installed the hub software, but it still carried on, so the next step was to contact BT. They confirmed that there was a fault on the line, but wouldn't tell me what, but that it was definetely outside, but as my line rental is through Talk Talk, then to contact them over the problem, which I di…
-
- 8 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In todays Corrie a child is taken from the care of foster carers by the chid's mother. Social services dont allow the mother to look after the child, hence the foster situation. What are the offences? Child Abduction is normally where the parent takes the child out of the UK or a person unconnected with the child takes the child, these obviously arent relevant. So what is the offence?
-
Hi, my husband is a police officer and I stumbled across this forum whilst looking for advice/help with our problem. There seems to be lots of advice on how members of the public can progress if they are feeling victimised by a police officer but is there any advice anyone can offer if a Police officer is a being victimised by a member of the public. We have neighbours who have made false allegations about my husband (since been investigated by the police and they have been told there is no complaint for him to answer to, they won't accept this and will appeal). Problem is the girlfriend previously admitted to myself that she had a mental disorder and is obsessed with mys…
-
-
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
There is a protest and a large placard is displaying with very violent swearing on it. A 6 year old girl notices this and becomes very upset and causes distress. Her father becomes really angry and tears down the placard. Does the police officer arrest the father or the person holding the placard for breach of peace?
-
-
- 18 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. About a year ago I caught my boyfriend in bed with another girl. I slapped him round the face and spat at her. Broke a necklace of hers i found on our bedside table and wrote stuff about her on facebook. he called the police on me. I spent 11 hours in a cell and then was given 4 cautions. 2 common assault (spitting and slapping) 1 criminal damage (breaking the necklace) and 1 malicious communication (writing about her on facebook). I really want to become a teacher but don't know if I can because of these cautions. Will they always show up on an enhanced CRB check and is there any way I can find out if I could become a teacher as I don't want to do all the studying…
-
- 6 replies
- 246 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I actually dont know if you can help me, but I'm writing a book and in it are characters who have obtained false identities after taking their grandchild. I just cannot figure out how someone could successfully make up false identities for 3 people in 1990, and not be found out for 19 years. Also how does someone go about getting the identity in the first place, please bear in mind that I'm trying to make it so that my characters did not commit identity theft, they just made the identities up. Another question, the grandparents in the book were framed for the murder of their daughter and son in law. How should I portray the idea of proving that it wasnt them and that th…