Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. paulv
    Started by paulv,

    Little guy gets surrounded by 10 "hooded youths" and he draws his baton to defend himself. They obvious hold him again the fence and steal all his kit (radio, CS, stabbie, everything). In this situation and in fear of your life etc wouldn't your hand go straight to your CS gas and hope to get as many as poss then run for it when they can't see?

  2. anthony1664
    Started by anthony1664,

    My work is looking for a new flip helmet and likes the style of helmets he has seen the likes of GMP using and wondered what the most common helmets were that various folk use on the job?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    I can access the site without any problem, but why is it impossible to login, it says login but gives no field to type my details into. Is this the same with all mobiles,or is UKPoliceOnline not user friendly when it comes to mobiles?

  4. Jimbo83

    I can imagine this coming up a lot over Christmas!

  5. crawler
    Started by crawler * ,

    Hello all, I have been a "lurker" on this forum for quite some time and find the views and opinions expessed on here very interesting and helpful in my various roles as an IMB member and Police Appropriate Adult. I have recently been involved in a case which has now reached its conclusion and wondered what your thoughts and expected outcomes would have been if you were an investigator within the DPS. So here goes!! You have come accross a case where you have reasonable grounds to believe that suspect has been manufacturing substandard luxury retail goods. As you have a mate who has expertise in this field, you ask him to come with you on a reccy to one of the shops th…

    • 12 replies
    • 288 views
  6. Dexter1546620487
    Started by Dexter1546620487,

    Just wondered what this would be.... I was walking home from the pub on Saturday night with my brother and my parents. Long story short, a car came round the corner and headed toward the HUGE puddle which we happened to be standing by. Mum screamed, Dad shouted "F**K off you T**t" and I grabbed my brother and hid behind him for dry safety.... which worked! I obviously didn't get the index of the car, I was hiding from the brown puddle ooze. But had someone got it, is there anything you can do about this. I think we've all heard that this is an offence but is it really? I can only imagine it could be S2 RTA 2 Careless, and inconsiderate, driving: If a person drives a…

  7. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    A group of guys who know the occupant of the house, knock on the front door. It is opened and they are asked why they are there. They burst in and force their way in. One hits the occupant causing ABH, one pushes the occupant down, common assault. However, one is just part of the group and is only guilty of using force to enter the house? Arrest for using unlawful violence to secrure entry to a premises, ec 6 of CLA? What would you do? Cheers for any help, J

  8. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    A scenario, which i am not sure if it has been discussed in the past. You as an Officer go out for an evening meal with your family, sitting at a table close by to you is 1 An offender who you arrested within the passed few days. 2 A victim of crime that you dealt with in the passed few days. The person in either scenarios greets you. How would you reply? Would you reply if they attempted get into a conversation with either of these two?

  9. grahamm31
    Started by grahamm31,

    Hi this seems like a simple scenario, You are in the city centre drunk drops a kebab rapper what do you do? You've asked him to pick it up,he refuses.You ask again he refuses.What next? Dropping litter isn't realy a arrestable offence besides i'm sure your custody sgt wouldn't be happy with you bring something like that in. You don't want to back down,so were do you go with this? Seems quite simple maybe it is.

  10. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    I'm not quite sure what I've done or pressed but when I click on a thread it only shows the first post and all the replies are listed at the bottom as links. This means I have to click on each reply and wait for it to load before I can read it. Anyone know why its doing this and how to change it back

    • 2 replies
    • 772 views
    jemz1546620088
  11. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Okay, before you ask, I'll give a sitrep. I'm currently 16, at Sixth form and I've got a CBT licence as well as a 50cc ped to get used to riding a bike. I've been riding for 4 months now and really enjoying it. I know I haven't had much experience but I feel I'm the best (safest) rider out of my friends. I'll be looking to get a new bike when I hit 17 so here's the question. Should I buy myself a 125 when I hit 17 and ride under my CBT for another year or should I get a full licence and buy a 250? I'm currently in favour of buying a 125 so I can progress up the sizes but I don't know if it is just a waste of money and that I should skip the middle man and get a 250 an…

  12. gallifrey
    Started by gallifrey +,

    Embarassed as I am to admit it I don't actually know how to post photos in a post on this forum from my computer, can anyone tell me how I go about it cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 733 views
  13. natasha_anne83@hotmail.com
    Started by natasha_anne83@hotmail.com * ,

    Hello everyone!!!, I have a request from anyone working in the Metropolitan Police-Borough of Westminster. I'm a trainee solicitor attending a law college in waterloo, on the 3rd of December 2009 I met a policeman on my way to college on a C2C train leaving from chafford hundred to London Fenchurch Street. I dont remember the exact time but it was certainly between 9-10.30 A.M. We started talking and got soo engrossed in the conversation(discussing Police powers of Stop and Search under PACE and the Terrorism Act) that I almost missed my stop at Westham, in the haste of getting out of the train I forgot to ask his name or phone number. I have since been trying to fin…

    • 15 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    Hi guys, can anyone quickly let me know the correct way to apply a rear stack with the quick cuffs. I have managed to find a picture, just need confirmation it's the correct way. If the cuffs are growing out of the palm then i know it's a rear stack, but is that for both hands? Cheers, J

    • 14 replies
    • 531 views
    flabber-my-gast
  15. Ben
    Started by Ben,

    Hey Guys, Dont know if it is just me however im having some issues with the forum that have occured recently where the posts are not displaying in their usual manner, I've looked at all the settings and cant find a fix, anyone help please? I've put a picture on the bottom. Cheers, Ben Posts.bmp

    • 2 replies
    • 708 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.