1143 topics in this forum
-
I've got a couple of spare invites if anybody's interested.
-
This hasn't actually happened, but I was discussing this in the pub last night. You arrive at the scene of an alleged assault, whilst there, you see someone who is know to you, and is a likely candidate to be the offender. Can you get them to take a seat in the back of your police car, whilst you call CCTV / witness to get a description (i.e. not under arest?), or is this an unlawful detention......?
-
- 32 replies
- 969 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there, this should be pretty simple for the experienced among you, but I'm currently in training and am a bit confused: You're off duty and see a male take an item from a store shelf and semi-shove it up their sleeve. At what point do you announce yourself as the Police/arrest for the theft? either: a) as soon as the item is being stuffed up the guy's sleeve; or b) wait for the the guy to step outside the store so they've literally "appropriated" the said item? (this is what i'm inclined to think, but not quite sure, as you risk losing sight of the suspect etc) and then nick 'em thanks very much in advance officers
-
- 31 replies
- 1.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have tried a number of these sites which are able to test your broadband connection speed, but this one appears to be the best. Click here and follow the instructions on how to post your speeds so we can get a comparison. Dont forget to let us know what town you are in..
-
- 31 replies
- 5.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Can anyone suggest how I can even up my user bars please? In the preview all appear in one block on the left, but when I update it one strays off to the right! I would like to have 2 on the left, 2 on the right. Thank you!
-
hi all i am new here. well last week i got arrested for the 1st time and cautioned i cant go into it proper yet but could some one explain wot caution is a bit more please and am i allowed a copy of the interview tape's??? is it policy to hand cuff every one? thanks.
-
- 3 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone know where on the web one can find live traffic cameras? The HA run them, but their feed is slow at best, unless i am looking in the wrong area.
-
Hi, just opened my computer to find the screen/desktop is now at 90 degrees. Even the mouse is confused as well. I'm getting a creak in my neck. How do I rotate the desktop back? Hector
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've just bought a new entire case, screen, keypad and joystick for my sony ericsson k800i. I'm looking for an idiots guide to dismantling and rebuilding the phone in pdf format with big pictures suitable for a thick as pig muck HATO. Thanks in anticipation.
-
- 4 replies
- 911 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am now looking for a different Police charity that accepts credit cards. The one i used to pay into does not accept credit cards as it hasn`t the means to use this facility.
-
Here's a nice light one for a Wednesday afternoon Unknown suspect enters a dwelling house via an insecure window. Property is removed from inside the house and subsequently discarded in the rear garden of the premises. House-to-house proves negative, so at this stage there is no indication that the offender/s were disturbed. Is the property stolen and discarded? Or, having not deprived anyone of said property, is this an offence of burglary dwelling with intent to steal? Ladies and gentlemen, it's over to you. (I've been discussing this with the boss for a while now and we still don't agree).
-
- 21 replies
- 583 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was watching Road Wars this afternoon and wondered about some of what I saw. There had been a complaint made by an MoP about drug dealing going on in a park and after finding out exactly where this was going on (by spying through a hedge) the officers decided to arrest two of the customers after they had bought drugs. Shortly afterwards the two officers are back in their vehicle driving to where they expect the two suspected drug users/buyers to be. As soon as they reach them the officers jump out, and straight away the suspects both put something in their mouths. Both officers then attempt to prevent the suspects from swallowing the drugs and we are told by the voic…
-
- 7 replies
- 399 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I can't take it any more! I am looking for a new job and thought I'd see if anyone can help or advise...lol... Seriously! I am looking for a new job as my current one has now found out about my Police application. I have completed everything bar a start date but being in the MET process I will be waiting for a few months, maybe a year. . Being as everyone on here is so helpfull I thought I'd try my luck and just ask the question. Does anyone have or know of work available? No harm in trying, most of you on here know what type of person I come across as and know what I have done. If you can help, PM me........ Thanks.....LOL. :smiley_notworthy:
-
Letting air out of someone's car tyre. What's the offence??
-
Hey Guys, I am still really new to the forum so would just like to say hello! A bit about my self. I am 20 and currently working as a PCSO, however before this I served some time as a Special Constable while working in a Police CCTV Control room. Before that I was in security. Recently I have just passed my assessment centre to join the regulars with an Home Office Force. I have just started looking in to the CNC and it looks very interesting. I have contacted them about transferring applications and they stated they would accept mine. I am just a bit torn now as to transfer or not? Anyone got any advice? Thanks,
-
- 6 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-