Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. The Cat
    Started by The Cat,

    Hello folks, Bit of bad news that my loved Rover 75 gave up the ghost last night and my mechanic thinks that i have got the dreaded Head Gasket failure. I really liked the Rover as well it felt like a really, large secure and safe car. I am now looking to get a more economical car, low Road Tax and fuel economy. Has anyone recently bought a new car under the scrappage scheme? I'm leaning towards a Seat Ibizia Sport but not sure why. PS My knowledge of cars is extremely limited.

    • 1 reply
    • 743 views
  2. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    For a while now on the left side of the screen I have the message: '-1 New Messages' However there appear to be no new messages in my inbox and I certainly haven't received an e-mail regarding this. Anybody else having the same issue?

    • 5 replies
    • 884 views
  3. Traffic Rat
    Started by Traffic Rat +,

    Help Mrs Rat is moaning as my PC has developed a bug which I can't fathom out When she try's to use Facebook to upload a number of photo's via IE the Active X pop up appears, and when clicked it freezes the whole PC. Now the only change to the system I've made recently was upgrade my Norton 360 to V3.0 from 2.0. Prior to the upgrade the Multiple photo upload worked a treat. Disabling the whole of Norton and again trying to load the Active X doesn't work. PC Running XP SP3 I've tried using both Chrome which does nothing and doesn't run the Multiple upload and when I run it on Firefox again it gets as far as where the ActiveX would install and crashes Firefox shuting i…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. sparkysi
    Started by sparkysi,

    hey all :) ive joined a gym so that i can work on my fitness before i apply to become a special. but ive never really been to a gym before so was wondering what machines would be best to build myself up for a good alround level of fitness? it owuld be nice to try and get fit enough to not worry about scraping in the test! thanks simon

  5. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    So you'll know if you've been reading the gym thread that I've been training for a while to get into a Scottish force. My upper body strength probably still isn't cutting it regards getting into Lothian and Borders, and I hear they're the toughest to get into. I also understand that if yuo fail an application to one force, you have to wait a year before applying to another, with 3 attempts maximum. Now it'd be my dream to get into L&B but part of me says go for Strathclyde - no upper body element and a bigger force, so likely better chance of getting in. And I have to get in - not only is it something I've wanted to do for yonks, but I'll need a job pretty urgently so…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    how would police treat a transvestite. i.e a man who has changed into a woman. Some of them you would seriously just think they're a woman and you wouldn't be able to tell without looking for the signs. I know that police are not allowed to search someone of the opposite sex to them, but with transvestites it would start to get a little more complicated wouldn't it? And if they were convicted to sentenced to prison, would they be sent to a male or female prison?

    • 74 replies
    • 3.8k views
  7. kirkie
    Started by kirkie,

    I currently use this as my current calendar and was wondering if it is is possible to hide past events instead of deleting them?

    • 7 replies
    • 952 views
  8. crazymental
    Started by crazymental,

    lets say a delivery driver parked outside a guys house to deliver take away to the house next door. there are no other parking spaces available and there is a hand written sign asking people not to park there. there are no yellow lines. delivery driver returns to the car to have a man in her face screaming at her to move her "f-ing" car or he'll reverse into it. His wife is also shouting abuse and acting in a threatening way. delivery driver apologises and moves to get into her car, wife blocks her and husband is reversing. If the husband has actually hit the car, what would be the insurance implications, and has anything illegal taken place? (what actually happened…

    • 8 replies
    • 480 views
  9. DCT1546620549
    Started by DCT1546620549,

    Are there any examples that you know of where former Police Officers have started up Politics or is this even possible?

    • 4 replies
    • 818 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  10. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    PROBABLY A REALLY EASY ONE for someone who knows how these things work....but ive only had the iPhone for 3 days. When I got it, I installed it on my girlfriends laptop via iTunes and downloaded apps on there and put them onto the iPhone no probs. Ive since connected it to my own laptop, and downloaded stuff and it won't let me put the apps on [they're all greyed out] It also won't let me drag and drop music from my iTunes library onto the iPhone. [Note: Ive not tried to add the new apps I downloaded - its done it, but deleted the ones I put on at 1st on my girlfriends laptop] Finally, whats the easiest way to add a single app? Iv been having to wipe them all off and t…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. StabProof
    Started by StabProof,

    Sorry, I don't have the required permissions to post in the other sections of the forums yet so I've had to post here :D I sell surplus vests and would be interested in sponsoring the forum in some way. I can see you already have ads for things like Lotto and Mazuma mobile and was wondering if you have a pricing structure for advertisers or alternatively can send me your thoughts on 'potential' pricing via PM or email I could definately get a picture/banner made by someone if that helps. thanks Tom

    • 1 reply
    • 658 views
    Whopper MacBig +
  12. Alexis050891
    Started by Alexis050891,

    Okay, so I've read a few books(below) and just want some suggestions of similar books I can read, as Amazon is out of ideas . Wasting Police Time - PC David Copperfield. Diary of an On-Call Girl - WPC E.E Bloggs Perverting the Course of Justice - Ispector Gadget A paramedic's Diary: Life & Death on The Streets of London - Stuart Gray The Good Guys Wear Black - Steve Collins(I believe the author is on here ) Can anyone recommend books of this type?

    Dexter1546620487
  13. peter piper
    Started by peter piper * ,

    Hello all I had would like some honest advice please from the experts if you will. A few years ago my wife and myself were trying to get our 5 year old to go to sleep, he was overtired and had been exceptionally naughty fighting it and trying anything not to go to bed. In the end at about 2145 we both were laying in bed with him holding him so he couldn't run away and go off downstairs or wherever he wanted to,, he screamed and kicked but we just both held him and were quite calm constantly telling him no and that it was bed time. Next thing just as he was calmed down and starting to drift off a knock at the door and from our bedroom window i was so shocked to see 2 p…

    • 8 replies
    • 338 views
  14. IMBEINGHARASSEDONLINE
    Started by IMBEINGHARASSEDONLINE * ,

    Good afternoon, Before I went on a chat room today I received a text message from my girl friend saying that they were being racist towards me and her and, shockingly to me, giving out our email address and information to everyone. Information such as our MSN display pictures, making fun of us that we have each other. I didn't know what to think of that. Upon my visitation to a chat room called www.Habbo.co.uk I realized that it wasn't half of it. They saw my MSN picture on my girlfriend's MSN Display, how they got it was probably from a so called friend who gave it to them - as we don't give out information to just anybody. When they …

  15. tambo
    Started by tambo,

    Hi there - start training Monday, Need to iron me trousers, but don't want them to go all shiny!! How do I do it?? I'm used to wearing floaty dresses for work!! And advise greatly received :smiley_notworthy: Tambo

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.