Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Forum Information & Help

If you have a public question or want a discussion on some of the issues on the forum publicly then this is the place to raise that (Faults, Errors etc.). However if you want to discuss something with the team in private then please use the Support Desk HERE

  1. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, I'm trying to update my signature and keep getting this error message. "Sorry, dynamic pages in the http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/natalief25/bedfordvp3.gif' alt='bedfordvp3.gif'> Help with this matter will great please. Many thanks. Rick

    Merlotmonster
  2. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    I attempted to gain access to this site, major problems trying to get in.

  3. cat162
    Started by cat162,

    This may be a silly question but I seem to be the only person who has this: Rating < 0 ( ) 3 > at the bottom of all my posts. Does anybody know what it is, why I have it and how to remove it from being on all my posts? Thank you.

  4. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    Well i have finally been given the green light by my better half and i am to ditch my ageing Renault and get a newer car. The big question i have to answer next is do i need to stay with Diesel or perhaps i could buy my first ever petrol car? Since 17 i have had Derv motors simply due to where i lived but now i'm a city boy and do i really need a Derv motor? I drive 10 miles to work per day and do an average of 12,000 per year (travelling to parents and family some 50 miles away). I am looking at the following Derv motors, can any owners tell me anything good? Skoda Fabia vRS 1.9 TDI PD VW Golf 2.0 GT Sport 2.0 170FR VW Golf 1.9 TDI BlueMotion VW Jetta 2.0 TDI 4 M…

    • 2 replies
    • 624 views
    Trojan 2132
  5. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Iam just wondering before a apply for the police do you think it would be a good idea if i got a security job (whilsts i was applying etc..) i would do a conflict managment course (which i think would help) then get my SIA licence and look for a job and then if i got into the police force i could leave, What do you think, Sam

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. RAFP-newbie
    Started by RAFP-newbie,

    Hi all, Just a quick question in regards to the governments 'key worker mortgage schemes', they allow people who work in a key area of public services ' Police, Nurse etc' to apply for help with increasing their borrowing power by offering a sort of cash equity loan to bridge the gap between what you can borrow with a mortgage and what the properties cost in the area you wish to buy. The above details are only a brief incite and I apologise if I have got the full details of the scheme wrong. I am currently in the RAF Police and looking to apply to West Mids or Warwickshire and my girlfiend is serving in West Mids. We both will be looking to buy a property together in…

    • 3 replies
    • 4.9k views
    RAFP-newbie
  7. poser
    Started by poser * ,

    Somebody is driving their car in the early hours of the morning through a city centre. She stops at traffic lights and someone opens the passenger side door(either trying to steal car/bag or other). Said person is extremely aggressive but before it becomes clear what he is after the dog that was quietly asleep(unbeknown to offender) on the back seat, attacks this person on his arm. The dog does not leave the car but it is clear by the amount of blood the dog has done some damage. The offender then ran off. Where does the woman stand on this? Could she be liable for the dog attacking? The dog is not known to the police. Also if dog were to attack someone(say burglar) in …

    • 24 replies
    • 597 views
  8. JohnBlackman
    Started by JohnBlackman * ,

    Is owning information (recipes) on how to make potentially deadly poisions actually illegal or does there have to be certain equipment and/or ingredients in the possession of a person before it can be considered a threat to life or even national security? thanks for your time.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    One has a film, that you want the music of, is there a way of taking the music from the dvd itself? So the music will then play on iTunes.

    • 5 replies
    • 959 views
  10. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    This has taken a week in an attempt to narrow down a problem. Internet explorer is using way to much CPU about 50% . This runs under the item in Windows task manager as dllhost.exe, A com surrogate. I can turn it off, but what a pain, thou each time i boot up, it will start as soon as i use I.E. I have of course run several scans. Kaspersky online virus scanner, mcafee, Pest patrol, Spybot, Spyware doctor,adware, A squared. Cleaned out registery. I am at a loss to know where to look next. I have tried running I.E. without addons, no luck there. If anyone has any ideas, please do let me know. Thank you!!

    • 19 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    My current edition of AVG Free runs out on the 12th so I need a new FREE anti virus. I have the most recent Spy Bot and am going to try to remember to run it weekly - can anyone recomend a new FREE anti virus or is there another AVG Free I can get? I think I have some sort of virus, as when I sign into my emails, I sometimes get logged / signed out and a message saying I have signed into another PC when I haven't - so I've changed my password. I wonder if it is linked to my password periodically stopping working on here so I have to go thru the whole palava of getting a new one. I ran Spy Bot, which took a good hour to run, but found nothing. Cheers me dears!

    • 24 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    ?

    Cassius Bojangles
  13. G.I
    Started by G.I,

    This is actaully a true stroy that happend to me recently. I was on my way to police HQ for a recruitment interview. I was on the train, and it was early morning around 7am. There were a group of kids, boys and girls around 15/16. A black conductor came along asking for tickets. these kids did'nt have tickets, but purchased them off the conductor, valid till the next stop which was about 15 minuits away. A small argument occured. The conductor was being arrogant and cheeky, as he was walking away one kid called him a tosser. The conductor turns around and accuses him of calling him a " N " word. Which he did not. He then began to take the mick out the kids stutter. he the…

    • 1 reply
    • 241 views
  14. Slantie
    Started by Slantie,

    This has probably been asked (and answered) but here goes. You are off duty and are walking around the Booty (carboot sale) when you see a minor buying a knife from a stall. Knowing that you will never keep an eye on both seller and buyer at the same time, do you put yourself on duty or do you become the star witness and phone it in via crimestoppers/local number, etc? I use the booty as a venue because shops and possibly regular markets have regular attendance. Also what would you do if you are not on your own patch so to speak, ie hopefully I will be working in the Met but I live in Wilts/Hants?

    • 3 replies
    • 275 views
  15. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    I've just got myself a sony ericsson K850, previously having the K750i model, and all I want to do is transfer all the stuff on the 750 to the 850, including tasks, notes, code memo, as well as contacts and the calender, and media and game files. Is this something the PC suite can do, or does anyone know of any software that can do it, preferably free!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.