1143 topics in this forum
-
What i want to know is what does an engine rebuild achieve? and what are the pros and cons of it?
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if having laser treatment will be a bar to specialist posts? The reason I ask is because I've got a couple of weeks off before I start so I can get it done before I start and I'd like at some future point to try for armed response. If I have the treatment does that mean I won't be considered for the post? Thanks for your help...
-
Is it possible, to dl a file, that unbeknown to you, keeps downloading, till it fills 80 GBs of what is remaining on ones HD?
-
Hey all Not sure if I am being a bit blonde or not, but how do I get the little bar thingies that everyone has in their signatures when they post? Thanks!
-
I was thinking of possibly the mosy thankless job a police officer has to do, informing next of kin of a death. is there a set proceedure for this or as you have no idea of how that person may react, you have to read the reactions and respond accordingly. suppose fred floggs was knocked over by a car. and you have to inform the misses and kids,, after knocking on the door and explaining who you are, i mean name and rank, do you ask to go in or tell them first you have bad news? do you always go on twos for this? once inside what would you do next presuming they dont flip when you tell them? i realise that each time will be done on its own merits depending on the gravi…
-
- 8 replies
- 568 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recently I decided to buy myself a counterfeit money check pen for when i'm doing 44.2's. You know the one, swipe the notes if the ink turns black the note is fake, if its kosher the ink dissapears. Before I'd even got the top off, my pal in the locker next to mine raised doubt over wether i should use it. I could check each note by hand so the pen is just a time saving device but is the pen legal-when you're doing a 44 stop, counterfeit currency is an article relating to terrorism but is using the pen a legal or reasonable method of detecting fake currency? Does it have to be a Home office approved device? Assuming it was ok to use the pen. If I found a single note…
-
ok ill set the scene and ill add a little drama to try an make it more interesting and as most crimes are not open and shut cases ill add a sting at the end after you have thought of an answer to the first bit,, You driving down the main road in your patrol car,when you get a call on the radio,, robbery at the nat west,,,you look at each other thinking the same thing,, bloody bank charges, then again the radio pipes in,, armed men still on premises, You swing the car into a u turn sceeching tyres much to the disgust of the old man on the lambretta behind and fly off in "the professionals mode" burning it up tho the streets clipping wing mirrors as you go round corners s…
-
Is it just me or is everyone else getting a long list of previous posts in a thread?? Edit Sorted :D
-
Hi I'm studying Uniformed Services at college, and was wondering if you could please help me with a certain assignment I'm doing? The task is to write a report on entry into the Police and investigate the requirements and then compare it to myself. I would be very grateful for some general information in bullet points or notes. I need to use three sources, and I'm using the internet and text books but a reference from a real police officer would be great and will get me more marks If possible I need to know about... -The desirable characteristics -Info on the interview -Specialist selection criteria -Life experience Any help is very much appreciated! ~Nichola
-
OK,, I have been converted from Firefox to Google Chrome, due to its speed, its much better than FF and also IE7 and IE8. BUT..... When I load UKPOLICEONLINE in FF it looks like this, But in Chrome it looks like this : Anyone got any ideas if there is anything I can do about this, as it is annoying me a bit, I can live with it, obviously, but its the only down side for me right now. Thanks in advance Ian
-
- 15 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hmm well this is an interesting site - amazing what u come across when ur not looking - I have a question or 3 which perhaps should have been put in the 'scenarios' forum - but I didnt so here go - try and follow closely :-) A woman reports man for alleged breach of NM order as a result of a female friend of hers calling and during the conversation the subject of the NM order comes up - this takes place over 2 calls in a 3 week period lasting abt 2 hours in total - inc a call FROM the woman TO the friend - therefore in esessence there is no breach - thats NOT the problem. The report made is taken seriously by the relative force who contact the force where the friend liv…
-
- 4 replies
- 195 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I know how to get a ticker, but I don't know how to get those customised bars which so many of you have! Can anyone help me please?
-
Picture this, with regards to recruitment.... A guy (let's say mid 20's) is recruiting for the police force, passes every stage up until the vetting process (where he is clean) but he has 2 brothers and a father who all have lengthy serious criminal records and this shows in the vetting. The guy has grown up in his family home and witnessed his family constantly breaking the law but he wants to make a difference to his life, HOWEVER, he is not accepted due to the nature of his family's records. 1. Could this happen? 2. If it did, is this man's career over before it even began? P.S This is completely hypothetical and does not reflect myself or anyone I know, I'm just …
-
Although I am not yet in my chosen force - I would like to know as an Officer in car you could do or would do. My pet hate is seeing kids in backs of cars not secured in and even been allowed to jump around while the adults are all safely tucked up the the seatbelts. I even seen todat while driving behind a Taxi with all adults secured and a child of no more than 3 years right slap bang in the middle of the two front seats in the rear stood up talking to the Taxi Driver - would then Taxi driver be held responsible or parents or both??? what would you do on seeing this sort of thing???? hope you all think its a fair question as it kills me everytime I see this sort of self…
-
- 4 replies
- 231 views
- 3 followers
-