Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. LankyDan
    Started by LankyDan +,

    I real Scenario just wondering what you would do both as a Special and as a member if the public. Two 30(ish) Year old football fans on a Train, causing no problems what so ever. The train arrives at a station where a rival football ground is located. 5-6 Young men (15ish) get on the train, not been to a football match, not wearing colours. There is a man asleep on the train, the young lads are laughing because he is asleep waving their hands in front of his face to see if he is asleep. They don't touch him but one of them takes a photo of him on his mobile phone, and comments on how he is a rival fan (The fan asleep is just a spectator in this scenario) the lads are …

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 936 views
    Administrative Account
  2. SCtechy
    Started by SCtechy,

    Are there any specific laws that govern "slingshots" in public or otherwise? I was out running earlier and I found one of these. If Dennis had access to one of these he'd be a terrorist not a menace!

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    You are on patrol at 11:00pm and a car has just driven past you. The main beam headlight is broken so only one light is working at the front of the car. You turn around to go and pull the car over. Once you have pulled the car over the driver of the car realises that one of your main beam headlight's has broken too. What happens next, you decide

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 669 views
  4. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    The other day I was walking to an appointment when waiting to cross the road when suddenly a off road bike shoots across a main road from a public footpath through heavy traffic with the rider and a passenger. The passenger is not wearing a helmet and looks U15. successfully dodging the oncoming traffic which was made to brake suddenly, The bike stops within reaching distance at a junction.What do you do? grab the kid? pull em both off? I was considering my options but didn't want an assault charge on my record as I am currently a lowly MOP with desires to eventually join the police so i let em go...probably the right decision I think. also on my way back from the ho…

    • 3 replies
    • 604 views
  5. mxbe
    Started by mxbe,

    you come across a car on the road side parked up locked looks clean no damage no ignition damage. the car has no tax but there is VRM and you cant see a VIN number what would you do? i have never come across this just wondered what you would do if you did.

    • 20 replies
    • 2.3k views
    kjmcculloch1546080801
  6. Plum1994
    Started by Plum1994,

    Hey guys, After watching "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" I couldn't help but wonder what would you do if you happened across a "grabbing". Surely if you were not aware of what it was then you would assume some wrong doing. (I think this may have been brought up before, but my phone failed to let me do a topic search) Cheers, Phil

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Here's maybe a practical Scenario Ok then, so your getting reports of armed robbery taking place with a suspected handgun at a shop at night lets say around 9.00pm for arguments sakes and there are 2 memebrs of staff locking up for the night, you and your collegue take the call and respond becuase your the closest to the scene and you arrive and there are 2 offenders in the building and the 2 members of staff are still in there oh and also a new twist there is also a offender in the car waiting for them in order to make a get away.

      • Like
    • 62 replies
    • 3.8k views
  8. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    What would happen if you were to arrest sombody who had no ID on them and point blank refused to answer any question. All question refering to name, address where answered with No comment. The person Is not known to police and has never been arrsested before. How would you find out his name and address?

    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    Let's say your an off duty special/regular and you are on public transport home and someone comes and sits next to you and either says they have a knife or show you one and want your stuff what would you do? Is your police training enough to talk yourself out of it or disarm them or do you just hand it over to save possible stab wounds or violence? I have thought about this for a while because although you are an officer of the law it doesn't mean crimes won't happen to you and you will be the victim.

      • Like
    • 56 replies
    • 3.4k views
  10. Sergeant Colon
    Started by Sergeant Colon,

    Morning all, Just like to share a scenario involving a failure to stop and get your opinions. The weather is pretty poor. A lot of snow has fallen in the past couple of days. I am on mobile patrol with two other specials. We see a vehicle completely iced over driving around. Little to no visibility from windscreen or rear window due to snow and ice. We decide to give it a tug to give words of advice. After putting on the blues the vehicle continues to drive perhaps another quarter mile without stopping, but maintaining a speed of around 25mph. I call up saying we have a vehicle failing to stop, req. assistance from a traffic unit. Eventually the vehicle pulls over a…

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 3.4k views
    Administrative Account
  11. rhinoboy
    Started by rhinoboy,

    If a family member provides a police officer intelligence about somebody who he knows who drink drives / drives whilst disqualified regularly and then officer then catches the individual and he is found to be disqualified or over the limit; can this have any implication for the officer and or the family member from an investigation perspective? What if the individual somehow finds out that the Police officer is related to the family member and then harrasses them due to this. If the individual goes to court for the offences and informs his solicitor that he has been 'grassed' by a family member of the Police officer can this hinder the investigation? Thanks, Mike

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    morale_outbreak
  12. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    A regular in a pub I work at told me he wants to get a tshirt of a woman performing fallatio on a guy on the front and wording of a sexual nature on the back. My question is what you could do about that if you saw that on duty... Would it be arrestable under s.5 of the public order act or get it covered or removed etc. Discuss. Lol.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    I was at home with mum ( ) and was on laptop, and all of a sudden herd a LOUD , and when i mean loud i mean loud, SMASH on my door, twice, like someone was breaking in, Then i ran down stairs and asked my mum what the flip that was, she was like, , my bro came down with a bat and we lached door and phoned dad... his phone was off. so we watched for a while and it stoped and seem like they had gone, i told me mum we should phone non emergency line and tell em what happened, so it could help and tell future people that there could be future burglaries in the borough. with that done i went back upstairs and looked at window for a while. then nothing happened to settled dow…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. busterman
    Started by busterman,

    Hi all... bit of a what if based on an experience I had the other night when I forgot about a handy bit of legislation to deal with ASB... http://www.wikicrimeline.co.uk/index.php?t...Reform_Act_2002 Basically gang of 15 or so youths fighting in the street (may have been play fighting... not sure) but no doubt would be perceived as ASB by most people. We arrive and the youths are very anti... all known faces and generally make a nuisance of themselves through gangs. A few get searched, stop and account - "I'm not telling you my name, I don't have to" - I give appropriate words of advice.... next person.... and same thing, just ignores me. With no specific offences, vi…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 5.3k views
    Better than jeebs
  15. Plum1994
    Started by Plum1994,

    Hello all. Right, this is a very specific scenario, but bear with me OK. I'm at a train station with some friends: "Carl" and "Katie" We are meeting a friend of a friend: "Dom" I am informed upon arrival by my Katie, that the Dom has on him, a fairly large quantity of Cannabis. If I was a Special in TVP, and I was currently in Herts, what could I do? Could I search him? Could I arrest him? And if I did arrest him where would I take him? Apologies for the specificness (if that's a word), but it's been bugging me all day. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.