Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXOYaGFNWo This video has been doing the rounds since last night. Do you think the bigger lad's retaliation was justified? I think it was pretty over the top, although maybe not if he had been taking it for a long period of time. Edit: Sorry just realised this is a daft edited version of the video, I think Youtube has removed the original. Some of you may have seen it last night. In the original the bigger lad takes a full punch to the face before doing what he did.
-
I was asked a question by a mate if there was any way the police can stop People I.e parents parking up on the pavement out side a school as I know they take most of the pavement is there anything the local police can do? Thanks
-
Hi everyone, Fly tipping is a particular problem on a country lane that I police. The scenario is that I come across someone unloading the rubbishy contents of their van into the ditches at the road side. Is this a police matter ? Are there any offences ? My thought is that it's a civil matter, unless the road is actually blocked. Thoughts ? Thanks in advance Dan
-
Hi, yesterday, I was bitten by a gypsy's dog as I walked my bike pass his caravan (which is illegaly sitauted on public land- a grass verge at the side of the road). I have contacted the police and have received medical treatment but was interested if in this situation a claim under the occupier's liablity act or any other law would be possible? There were crude signs (A4 printed from PC) warning of the dog but it was dusk and I didn't see them at the time. The dog was tied up but the leash was long enough for the dog to reach me as I walked past. There was no cage or fencing around the dog to prevent it from attacking me. I at no point touched the dog even after it …
-
Just wondering what you'd do in this situation I was presented with not long ago. At work (a foreign exchange bureau) a lady came and said she wanted to exchange pounds to euros and handed me £600 in £10 notes. After counting the money twice I started to prepare the euros in front of the woman. It came to around €675 and I paid out mainly in €50 notes. She then claimed that she never wanted euros and what she'd actually asked for is me to change the £10 notes into £20 notes. I was a bit gobsmacked that after watching me count out the euros and printing her receipt she'd tell me this. Anyway she pushed the euros back under the counter to me. I knew she was up to no good an…
-
Alot of supermarkets now have trollies that stop you from wondering away from the store with them by locking the wheels if you go over a magnetic strip on the ground. But some don't. What would you do if you saw somebody pushing a trolley with their shopping in it away from the store? I have seen people about 1 mile from the supermarket pushing s trolley. I am sure they have no intention of taking it back themselves so is this theft?
-
Hello everyone, Can someone please help me with this scenario as it is running through my mind and different people seem to have different opinions. If you are on traffic duty and pull over a vehicle for an offence that the driver has committed .... can you ask the passenger or passengers for their personal details such as name address etc? if they do or do not provide details, what do you do with them such as do you tell them to stay in the vehicle or do you get them out and engage with them etc? opinions needed lol Many Thanks
-
Hi, I was assaulted a party 4 days ago. No one actually witnessed the assault but I had a mark on my face and I know the person who assaulted me. I reported the assault to the police the following day who said they would investigate but I am pretty certain that they have not arrested the offender or questioned him about it. I have given them his name and told them where he lives roughly, but also that I could get his address if they couldn't find out. How long should this normally take? The police have spoken to my friend who was with me about it all, but like I said no one actually witnessed it.... what are the police waiting for? Thanks for any info.
-
A situation I was in not too long ago - wonder what others would do in this scenario: You are notified that there is a strong smell of cannabis coming from somebody's house. You turn up and can clearly smell cannabis. The owner of the house is outside, sees you and asks if he can help. You say that there is a strong smell of cannabis and ask if someone has been smoking it. He replies that yes he has, but no longer has any cannabis on him or in the house. The owner invites you in to check. You go in and there are a few people who look very "laid back" but there are no visible items of drugs paraphernalia. What can you do now?
-
Hoping a few heads of experience can help with this for me. A friend of mine is a single mother with 3 kids. For the past year she has had to put up with teenagers/adults - 13/19years of age on her doorstep, playing music through their phones, shouting, screaming, kicking the walls, smoking weed & been a nuisance between any hour from 8:00pm - 1:00am!! Her youngest is 2years old who is in the room nearest the door (masionette) and they laugh when they hear him woke up. I have gone down and told them to move on, she has been out many many many times however they return to do the same thing over and over. This has been very confrontational. We have called the 0845…
-
This happened to me when I was younger. You are in a bus full of people of various ages and dispositions all going home having done their Christmas shopping. The roads are very icy, and the traffic has all but stopped. The bus is in the middle of this traffic jam but moving very slowly and in the middle of nowhere, so that leaving the bus is not an option. Someone up at the back is very vocal about the delay, and he decides to light a cigarette in the closed bus. Another person follows his (bad) example and lights up their cigarette. The bus quickly fills with cigarette smoke. As a warranted Constable, and thinking about the well-being of the other 40-odd passengers, wh…
-
Maybe a bit of a boring one, but I'm just curious. I apologize in advance if this kind of thing has already been said. I won't bog you all down with details, but you're sitting on the side of a dual carriageway in a patrol car, on the look-out for speeders and alike, and a car comes past you doing 80-90mph. You pull them up, and approach the vehicle, and the driver opens the window and it's your Chief Constable What would you do? Personally, I'd just hope the ground will open up and drag me in.
-
So you're an off duty special or regular, minding your own business, walking home. You turn the corner onto your road and then out of nowhere.... A cyclist comes hurling passed you on the pavement giving you nothing less than the fright of your life and nearly knocking you into the air. Do you do anything? or walk home cursing the cyclist under your breath?
-
Obviously this isn't filmed in the UK but if you turned up to this guy doing this. He's clearly a threat to no one and really not committing any offences. Just being a bit of a pain to security. Interestingly he seems very well received by the public.
-
I want to share with you something that actually happened to me many years ago when I was a uniform PC but it also makes for a good scenario the repercussions of which are incalculable. You are driving your police car in a rural area at 3 am. Up ahead you see strange lights, as you get closer you see a car has left the road and crashed into a tree, the tree has pushed the engine block back trapping the driver a young lad. The car has caught fire and the flames are spreading, the lad is lapsing in and out of consciousness. You call for back up and grab your fire extinguisher but the flames have taken hold and you empty it with no effect. With a crowbar you manage to pris…