Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. specialconstable1
    Started by specialconstable1,

    Scenairo goes like this. On public order duty. Man gets assaulted. A man is identified of having commited the offence so we arrest the male in question. As we arrest him one of his friends starts taking pictures saying that it is police brutality due to the force we had to use to restrain him. Question is ... Do we have the power to seize his phone under the grounds that the photos could potenitally have evidence for us?

    • 9 replies
    • 760 views
  2. MuratYuksel
    Started by MuratYuksel,

    Hi all, just wondering... You are off duty, on a bus as normal going to your friends house/shopping etc... Top deck of bus is empy.. you sit down and open your newspaper and read.. Then up comes a young (15yr old) looking boy and sits right in front of you.. 5-10 mins pass and he decides to take his phone out and start filming you... (previously very common thing called happy slapping) SLAPS you whilst filming and laughs.. (He is not that tall and quite skinny, you can clearly see that he cannot fight you back and doesnt appear to have anything on him seeming as he is wearing strange trousers with only small pockets on the knees) What would you do? Would you fl…

      • Like
    • 116 replies
    • 7.6k views
    morale_outbreak
  3. James Kirton
    Started by James Kirton,

    you and a small group of mates put £18000 each together to buy a yacht, after a few years of happy holidays on the cost one of the group takes the yacht to a undisclosed place refusing access to the rest of the group, what offences has this person committed? the person is now living on the yacht

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 481 views
  4. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    Right, its raining heavily, and the road is full of HUGE puddles. As you're driving along you purposely drive through a puddle causing it to splash and absolutely drench a person who is walking on the pavement. Could the driver receive any penalty because of this?

    • 12 replies
    • 710 views
  5. H0TFUZZ
    Started by H0TFUZZ,

    What would you guys do in these situations in terms of force being used? I know this would be assault on police in itself, but what reaction would it warrant? 1) PC approaches A due to their rowdy behavior outside a club. A becomes aggressive then intentionally spits in PC's face. 2) PC is with A in a holding cell waiting to enter custody. A is in cuffs rear stack. A approaches PC and demands to use his phone. The PC says no. A intentionally spits in PC's face. Suppose A intends to keep spitting and swearing at the PC. I know in the first it would be an arrest, but what would you do to prevent this happening again (not nice I know).

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 965 views
  6. yellowombat
    Started by yellowombat,

    So, you're talking to one of the people that no one don't really likes at work. We know in life everyone seems to b*tch about everyone behind their back, but you may still be friends with your work colleges... Anyway, the person you don't really like reveals on his phone that he has load of recordings of you talking about other people. He says it is not just you, but all the people at work. Apparently there are more on his computer at home. You don't know he has been recording you, the person you don't like says "I'm going to use it in case I get sacked / one of you tries to get me sacked". 1) How would you deal with this situation? 2) What offences have been commit…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 797 views
    obsidian_eclipse +
  7. Commissioner
    Started by Commissioner,

    I've just watched a scene from PCA, where the South Wales police have received a call from eyewitnesses about two men trying to steal a disabled mans car. At the scene, the disabled man is in his car, one of the suspected offenders is lying on the floor and the other has done a runner. The offender on the floor has fallen unconscious after eyewitnesses said that the disabled man had 'punched the youth on grounds of a pre-emptive strike'. However, the officers at the scene arrested the disabled man for Section 20 for unlawful assault. What are your views on this?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 866 views
  8. Maximus1546081008
    Started by Maximus1546081008,

    Picture this (or try not to) A homeless man has taken up temporary residence at the rear courtyard of a unoccupied house. The properties are all terrace housing/ townhouses. The public do not have access to the rear of these properties, there is however a small alleyway which leads through the houses to access the rear gardens of the terraced houses. A female occuapant of a property opposite from where the homelss man is, gets out of the shower and goes to the window to pull the curtains. As she does so, she looks down across the alleyway into the courtyard to see the homeless man lying on his matress. At this point the homeless man having seen the female, who at this…

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    We all know that a person assisting a constable is treated like a constable for the purposes of assault/obstruct police (Police Act 1996). However, in what ways can someone actually assist a constable? In 2 of these examples I shall use PCSO as they are the most likely to be called upon to assist. I will give 3 scenarios and I invite discussion as to the legality. Please no cut and paste of Police Act 1996 - I am well versed in its content. 1) PC stops two males he wishes to lawfully s1PACE1984 search. PC asks PCSO to handcuff one of the males on his behalf. The PC has completed GOWISELY. 2) PC is completing a lawful s23MDA1971 search of male. GOWISELY is completed. …

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Awhile ago two friends and I pulled an all nighter (sort off) at uni the night before a coursework due date. While packing bag and lap-top away one of the friends went off to the cash machine which is next to the uni campus pub, when he returned he told us of how a quite intoxicated chap asked him if he knew Ben Smith (not real name as I cant remember what it was) and when he replied with no the chap then explained he was looking for him because Ben hit a young lady. When the 3 of us walked back to the car we saw a group of about 10-15 people, shouting and swearing, and as we got closer we saw on guy get punched in the face by another, it looked to me like the majority …

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 652 views
  11. Dahnish
    Started by Dahnish,

    Here's the deal. Say for example, i'm on the beat and I get jumped by these radical, lunatic of a man who's only intent in life, is to kill any police officer because they remind him of how his dad was arrested for GBH years ago, and how that resulted in a divorce with the mother in which she became an alcholic druggy and Christmas was just never the same. (Creative; I know) Okay, so i'm on my own, and this man pulls out a gun or a knife. My OST training doesn't kick in, but my civilian krav maga which I have been doing for years does and I end up defending myself by not being stabbed, and in turn, break his arm. Will that be a reasonable and justified use of force? …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 964 views
  12. -AJ
    Started by -AJ +,

    Okay - So this is something that happened to me on Monday night, and I'm wondering if everyone would have acted the same, or maybe done things differently. It's bugging me when I keep thinking 'What if' and the like. So anyway - I've just finished work - I work for a large DIY chain, involving very distinctive uniform - involving orange squares all over it And I decided to nip into Tesco to get some food for the evening. As I walk down one of the isles, which is deserted except for a male, about 6'2 bending over, emptying his shopping basket into a black bag he is carrying. As he notices me, he looks around nervously, and says in a strong Eastern European accent 'Oh, …

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. Windhill
    Started by Windhill +,

    I am currently out airsofting (dont judge me). For those who don't know what airsofting is, it's dressing up as army or whatever you choose and kitting yourself up with BB guns and running round a deserted air force base playing various games. It's all organised, cheap and great fun especially for team building. Now there is a guy here that I noticed across the car park wearing black trousers a white shirt and a black vest with 'POLICE' written on the back. He has been playing with us today and as I walked past his car earlier I noticed he had a hi vis bomber jacket in the boot with 'POLICE STAFF' on it clearly pointing outward for the world to see. I shall submit …

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    you may have seen my resent thread in locker room to do with zombies , It made me think. I use a bow and arrow. if you stoped me in my family's car with a bow ( unstrung , so unshootable ) And the arrows in the boot not with the actual bow, + camping gear and a target, what would you think? As I would be using it in a non legal way. Is a bow a firearm or anything? thats the 1 thing i dont know about that bit of laws on firearms and if a bow and arrow unstrung is one. thanks ( and i already got "legal advice" from a family member who works in a advice burea and they are going to look it up, just wanted to here opinions )

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Marricked
    Started by Marricked,

    Scenario: You are on duty walking through a town centre and you hear a bloke say "do that again and i'll ######ing knock you out" in a genuinely aggressive/threatening manner. You turn round and find out that he was actually shouting that to his young son, around 5-6 years old. Where would you go from there? Obtain details and pass intelligence to child protection agencies etc? Or take it even further? And before I get asked On my lunch break last week I experienced this, couldn't help but look at the "father" in disgust but just wondered what route an officer would go down if it happened in ear shot of them.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.