Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Citizen1546081298
    Started by Citizen1546081298,

    A friend of mine on facebook just shared this photo along with this comment: I quite agree this is dispicable, and this is what I replied: And so I've posted this here to ask exactly that... have they broken any law through doing this? I'm intrigued as I don't see any BNP marks on it, so I'm not sure how she concludes that it is of BNP origin. So for the sake of argument lets pretend it's not from the BNP until it can be proved, would the individual who created / posted this through someone's letterbox be inciting violence with words like "Action is needed" and does this blaming of Black gangs count as racist hate-speech? Cant it be hate-speech or racist if no…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Citizen1546081298
  2. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    Some background: recently I've heard of cyclists who have failed to stop for minor traffic offences being caught and subsequently nicked for possession of a controlled substance. They have presumably run because they were worried about having their drugs found during the stop. Although the couple of examples I've come across were carrying drugs, the same reasoning could apply to all kinds of illicit items. You are in a car when you see a cyclist jump a red light. You signal for him to stop, whereupon he quickly makes off. You chase, and shortly afterwards he falls off his bike and you're able to catch him. The cyclist immediately hands you his photo card driving lic…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 947 views
  3. Quebec
    Started by Quebec,

    Wondering if anyone can help me answer this question, it's been bugging me for a while now. I've asked lawyers, barristers and a few PC's but no one seems to know. I know when a person is arrested they are detained at the Police station for a prompt and effective investigation which as I see it means that the PC will gather CCTV, statements, interviews etc and then when all that is finished a choice is made to either bail the arrested or keep them in custody to be put in front of the next available court. But say they're arrested on the day of a general election. Say they are arrested at 6:00am and they get bailed at 11:00pm by which time they the polling stations hav…

    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. rower
    Started by rower,

    This is more curiosity than digging: The CC and DCC of a police force were in the news this week as they were arrested following allegations. Scenario: You are on shift at Bloggs City Police Station, Countyville, and at the briefing for the shift, you are told that a senior police officer is to be arrested for allegedly committing a crime - who makes the arrest? A constable as it's part of their duties, or someone of a higher rank if available? If this is operational info, please feel free to delete the post.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. slinkey
    Started by slinkey,

    Hey guys. Just been asked by my driving instructor a really good question. Basically if a road sign with a red border and White background displays 8.5 tonne MGW (maximum gross weight) and your goods vehicle weight including trailer and load is 17.6 tonnes are you within the law? Sounds obvious really but basically one of his drivers (LGV learner) has been summoned to court after the vehicle was stopped and weighed by us. Obviously this is just something that has intrigued me and not intending to use this as legal advice Hope someone can help Slink

    • 8 replies
    • 598 views
  6. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    You are on a routine patrol and you observe a vehicle marked up as an ambulance on a blue light run, you pull it over, it is being used for ambulance purposes however it is not registered as an ambulance with the DVLA, has any offences been committed, and if so, what??

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 2.8k views
  7. Robert B-M
    Started by Robert B-M,

    I was driving behind an estate car yesterday. A police car drove in the other direction, and ignored it. The difference between this car and a normal car driving down a busy road was this. The car had a mattress on top that only the passenger was holding down with one hand! No ropes, no nothing. It was blowing all over the place so much I thought it was going to take off! If you, as a police officer, saw this mattress mishap, what would you do? Would you ignore the vehicle, knowing full well you have better things to do? Would you be concerned at the level of carelessless of the driver, and give them strong words of advice? OR would you ticket or summons them?

    • 6 replies
    • 900 views
  8. Peeler91
    Started by Peeler91,

    You're on routine foot patrol when a member of the public tells you of a man loitering and acting suspiciously further up the road. You find the individual pacing up and down outside a busy parade of shops and decide to do a stop & account followed by a stop & search. When you tell him to remove his jacket, he complies...and reveals he's wearing a suicide vest. What do you do? BTW this isn't meant to be a serious discussion on anti-terrorism, I would just just like to hear what people's reactions to the situation would be.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 764 views
    Administrative Account
  9. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    A call comes in that somebody has been trying to break into some garages. Person was seen with pliers and a hammer. A good description of the offender has been given by the MOP who called it in. You spot somebody in the area that matches the description so decide to stop and search even though you are not 100% sure it is the right person. Upon searching them you find a screwdriver but no hammer or pliers. What's the offence?

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. saulie10
    Started by saulie10,

    Hey all, new here to the forum and to being a special. Just passed all the assesments and waiting for the training dates. I have a question. I am at school with people the same age and younger than me and I was wondering if I hear of illegal activity (drugs for example) would I have the obligation as a police officer to report it ? Thanks Saul

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Chaos871546081206
  11. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    True story, this happened to me last night... I was on a business trip to visit one of my suppliers yesterday and we stayed over in a nice hotel to make a break of it. We paid for dinner in the hotel as part of the room deal and the meal was a 3 course help yourself buffet in the the restaurant. I ordered a 1/2 bottle of Merlot costing £12, and the waitress had poured about 1/2 a glass for me. My wife and I were eating our starter when an American chap came and sat on his own at the table next to us. So, starter finished we both left the table to go to the buffet to get the main course and came back to the table and before I started eating I thought I would top up my …

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    So, there you are on a local authority housing estate after a report of a resident with a dog that is causing issues. You ask the owner what breed it is, and he shouts out "Its a ###### officer" over and over again, When you ask him why he is shouting this out, he states that the dog is a Bulldog crossed with a Shitzu. Section 5?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 823 views
    TangoBravoVimto
  13. fence
    Started by fence,

    I recieved a call to a I grade on a local estate. I was on foot just around the corner so was first on scene, the call went along the lines of group of youths inside the block attempting to break into the postboxes. I go through the back of the estate as they won't see me coming (or so I thought), as I'm approaching the rear door which was left open I see a male who then sees me approaching literally I'm 2 meters away and I say leave the door open, he proceeds to closing the door which then locked and running off I then have to go around the estate to the front in order to catch up losing time with possible more damage being commited to the letterboxes. Could he be arre…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Just another little scenario for you all. You are on patrol and come across one of those little road sweepers which are often seen on the pavements sweeping up. You see the driver in the cab and he is on the phone he is currently sweeping on the pavement. Would you pull him over or is he even committing a offence ? Oliver

    • 2 replies
    • 868 views
  15. Miki
    Started by Miki,

    It's late evening, still light, and your parked on a reasonably busy road outside of a previous job catching up on paperwork. Your a special and the passenger, and you don't yet know where all the streets etc are. Your crewmate is a Regular and is a response driver, and you're in a marked car. As you're parked a small group of teenagers tap on the window, they seem 'excitable' and are all talking at once. Your crewmate part winds the window down and they still all talk at once but the message gets across that one of the girls in the group has been assaulted. She has minor scratches to her face and a small bruise that are clearly new injuries. You ask her her name a…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.