Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Mr Smith go into asda and use a online redeemable voucher. It says one person. Mr Smith prints the voucher three times (It does not say you cannot redeem it more than once in the TOS) Mr Smith then uses just one of them, but he sees the vouchers expire that day. He goes to buy gift cards with them, but is questioned by a manager or supervisor. Management say to Mr Smith said that the voucher can only be used once, but nowhere on the site did it say that. It does say one per day per person per household, but it DOES NOT say that specific voucher can ONLY be printed once. Mr Smith went to use 3 vouchers breaking the TOS. Did he break the law?
-
The owner of a ground floor flat (in a house) has called about a developer owning the neighbouring site. The developer wants to stop her using her right of way over a rear accessway. The portion of passageway at the end of the garden was used as garden for years as the passageway was unused. The developer has made it passageway again but part of a garden shed and its concrete base overlap on to the area now passageway. The owner of the flat does not actually own the shed and garden, it's a shared garden with the other flat so she cannot actually move the shed, its not hers, but the Landlord's. She has a surveyor advicing her which she arranged through C.A.B.. The surveyor…
-
-
Mr A owns a shop. He is locking up one night when another man (Mr B) approaches. Mr B has has the intention to rob the shop: he intimates to Mr A that he has a gun. Fearing for his life Mr A hits Mr B once, hard, on his head with a heavy object that he lawfully has about his person. Mr B collapses and subsequently dies. Affter Mr B collapsed mr A panics and starts to run away. Mr C sees Mr A strike Mr B and subsequently run away. He believes Mr A has acted criminally and therefore, being a publicly-minded sort of chap, runs after and detains Mr A. In doing so Mr A struggles, assaulting Mr C and Mr A, in being detained, suffers a broken wrist. The police are called and M…
-
SMITH is friends with JONES, SMITH asks JONES if he can transfer some money from his bank account to JONES' bank account and withdraw it, as SMITH has lost his debit card and needed the money. JONES agrees and lets him go ahead with the transaction. SMITH and JONES both go to the bank and withdraw £300 from JONES' account, JONES is willing as he believes he is doing SMITH a favour. JONES didn't check his transactions for a few weeks as he had no money in his account so didn't feel he needed too. It then turns out that when SMITH asked JONES for his card details so he could transfer the money, he actually used JONES' bank account details and personal information to get a…
-
Not really a police scenario... But if I ran into the back of someone's car, the insurance companies would say it was my fault. If the car car had a brake light out or more than one, would that make the other car/driver at fault?
-
I know it's against guidelines, and should only be used in emergencies, and changed straight away... But are there any specific offences? I know there is one for 2 different size/width tires on the same axel, could this be used if it's obvious they have been driving with it on for a long period of time?
-
I was in ASDA last night using the self-service tills when a bloke next to me was scanning the same ice cream 5 times (Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough), when he actually only had one cookie dough, and the rest were different flavours. Now, the Cookie dough was the only flavour on offer, at £1.80 (I know because I got one myself). The rest of the flavours were £4.45. So basically, the guy has only paid £9 for the items he bought, when he should have paid £19.60. I looked over and he said something along the lines of "may as well get a bargain, I bet I'm not the only one that's done it." Working in a retail store myself, I hate it when people try to get similar products …
-
Officers on duty get called to a domestic, the suspect who has allegedly been verbally abusive and threatening to his partner has gone outside in to the street from the back of his house. Officers go outside and say they need to speak to him regarding the incident, suspect is initially abusive but then complies - officers realise at this time the suspect is intoxicated. Upon going back in to his garden he threatens Police with violence and is clearly agitated - as he is his garden the Public order act does not apply he therefore is nicked for Breach of Peace to prevent him carrying these proposed acts of violence out. He is then taken to the Police car where he starts sho…
-
My link What offences would switching street light back on be committed?
-
Ive got mate in this situation, im sure it's theft but I dont know if there are other laws covering it as its a passport. A and B are partners that both live in B's address. They split up, and A moves out. Several months down the line, a freind of both A and B tells A that B has ome documents of hers, including her passport at his home but wont give them back. A left the documents there unknowingly upon moving out and now wants them back, but B is refusing. Theft, or any other offences?
-
Hi all; My day job is an artic driver for a well known national supermarket. We go all over the country; ie drive a few hours to a store then have a break (15 mins to an hour maybe) then to another store (repeat til empty) then back to base. I'm starting Specials training next week, hence the question. Now then, yesterday a colleague at a store told me that they had just had some shoplifters in. As I would be out of county, and there for only a short while, if I became involved in a chase and caught a shoplifter; what would you do next ?
-
i work in a childrens home that cater for children with social emotional and behaviour difficulties. as part of my duties on occasions i am involved with restrining residents who make themselves/ environment unsafe, and it is often the case that some sort of injury occurs to a care worker during the restraints as they can often be very violent. my problem is that if i were a SC and was involved in one of these restraints and i or my colleauges were seriously injured how would i approach tyhe situation. would i be justified in nicking the offender or would it be best to follow normal company procedure and call in the regs?
-
Hey folks I'd like some advice. Specifically from any traffic trained officers. I was reversing out of my drive a few weeks ago. My front wheels were on my drive and my back wheels were on the pavement before the highway. A car was pulling out on the other side of the road at the same time. A car travelling down the road swerved to avoid the car pulling out on the other side of the road. The car swerved, mounted the curb slightly and smashed into the back of mine while my wheels were still on the curb. This was done at speed. Now I know the law. If I was actually on the highway at the time it would be my fault no questions asked. However, as the rear of my car was sti…
-
This actually happened to me a few months ago when me and my wife moved out of our old flat that we had been living in for around 6 months. As we were leaving the house I did one final sweep of the place to check if anything had been missed, pretty sure i'd got everything. I ran my hands around the back of the boiler cupboard door frame and found something metallic. I looked inside and fished it out, it was a pair of nunchucks . Looks like the previous tenant had left them there! Now my question... I didn't know it was there, but what would have happened if for some reason my house was searched for something unrelated and it was found. Would I be responcible for it? What…