Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. 098qa
    Started by 098qa,

    OK a little scenario here:- You come across someone who is riding his motor cycle on what he refers to as "waste ground", in actual fact, you need permission to use this land from the land owner. How would you deal with this offence? Would you simply issue a 'warning'? And let's say, you catch them again the following week, what would you do? Seize the bike and get them to pay for it back? Just intrigued to hear of what you guys would do as there has been a rise in this type of crime and officers from different forces seem to be taking different approaches. Ash

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 863 views
  2. bigbull
    Started by bigbull,

    what would you guys do an off duty police office is stood out talking to a few friends and then another person turns up with a child and starts chatting half way thought a conversation she get out a bag of cannabis and puts it on the wall and starts making a joint while the child is running round the off duty police officer says that she can be done for the drugs under the misuse of drugs act if she don't put it away she says who's going to stop me . so what would you guys do

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Poyol
    Started by Poyol,

    So a call comes through to control about a very large group of men armed with automatic rifles have turned up on blackpool beach from a Military Ship of unknown origin. What happens from there?! Would a few ARVs turn up and try to apprehend the criminals? I know this is extremely hypothetical but just asking

      • Like
    • 56 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Merlin820
    Started by Merlin820,

    I don't normally post anything in here but tonight driving home from work I couldn't quite believe what I saw. I noticed that the girl driving the car in front of me had decided to position her sat nav unit absolutely level with her sight on the driver's side of the windscreen. ( And no, I'm not joking! ) Now she'll still be able to see most things immediately in front of the car but anything further away than say 20-30 yards she's going to start to reduce her visibility of what's going on up ahead to a really dangerous level. There was nothing I could do, obviously as I was only on my way home form work but if I'd been on duty and been with someone who could have…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Smiley Culture
    Started by Smiley Culture +,

    The other day I was making a nuisance of myself down at the NPT office, when a complaint came in about a chap who was allegedly shining a mirror into the faces of motorists passing by. In the event it was dealt with by giving words of advice to the person responsible, but it did leave us wondering whether there were any potential offences should there have been a need to take things further. I did a bit of headscratching and came up with one suggestion, but was curious to see what you'd have suggested...

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Izzy1546081291
    Started by Izzy1546081291,

    A group of 6th formers, in their common room at lunchtime, are playing cards. There is no gambling involved. A teacher passing through notices the cards and comes over. The teacher states that card games are not allowed and confiscates the cards. When one of the students later asks for the cards back, the teacher claims to have thrown them away and thus fails to return them to the owner. Has the teacher committed any offences, eg theft, or is permanent confiscation allowed in schools now? As an additional point, would the situation be any different if, instead of a proper set of playing cards, the students were using cards printed out on a school printer? (I imagine it …

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. JamesJG
    Started by JamesJG +,

    [using first person language as it's easier to write an example.] I purchased an external harddrive for my own, personal use. The computer we have at work is no longer able to store all of the files we use at work - example: CCTV footage of shoplifters, MG/11 statements etc. I offer to bring in the harddrive to work for them to store the files temporarily, and when I do I am told that I will be paid for it. I am never paid for it, and after 12 months and resigning I decide to remove the external harddrive and take it home as I had not been reimbursed. So, have I committed electronic/real theft? What if I delete all of these files?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Dogberry1546081290
    Started by Dogberry1546081290,

    Hi people, My first post so here goes..... The mobile camera vans around my neck of the woods place several traffic cones at the rear of the vehicle, when monitoring traffic, to stop other vehicles blocking their view of the road. My question is, if there is nowhere else to park could I park in this coned area with impunity ? Any offence being commited ? The operators are civilans not PC's.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Cheebag
    Started by Cheebag,

    Right, my landlordlady came to me today for advice about this situation. Basically on her neighbour (according to her, scary bloke with lots of tatoos) had parked his car (no tax) on the land between their properties which belongs to my landlord. The neighbour refused to move despite being asked nicely on many occasions. It came to a point where the neighbour said he would even sit in front of the gate so that no one can get in or out. Now, can you get the neighbour's car towed away since it has no tax on? I understand you can park an untaxed car on private property but this is someone else's private property. Even if he was to move his vehicle out of my landlady's land…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Quebec
    Started by Quebec,

    Having a chat today with my mum, who I work with at a law firm we were discussing minors and custody. Being an aspiring Police officer I was going through with her the 'what ifs' just to improve my knowledge if you will. So you have arrested a minor. You get them to the custody desk and they're playing up, refusing to talk, give details etc. An appropriate adult is called, solicitor etc. but are still refusing to co-operate. Say they are placed through live scan, no trace. They have no I.D and are not known to any officers at the station. They are held while an investigation is carried out. It's decided that they will not be charged and it's coming up to 24 hours si…

    • 5 replies
    • 759 views
  11. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Hi there just another little scenario. (Might of been covered before, or in another topic) So you are pulling over a car because the driver has failed to put there seatbelt on. On inspection of the car you realise that there tax disc is out of date by a few days. yYou question the driver and there reply is "I have purchased my car tax online, however the tax disc has not come through the post yet." They then go onto providing you with a email from there phone, which is from the DVLA confirming that they had purchased the tax 4 days ago and they are just simply waiting for the disc to come through the post. Would the police computer already know this or would it take some…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 4.3k views
  12. ThatGuy
    Started by ThatGuy,

    When a prisoner is booked into custody they have the right to read the codes of practice. Scenario... You have arrested a blind man for an offence (assume the arrest was necessary and proportionate...) He asks for the codes of practice. What do you do now? Find an audio copy? Find a braille copy?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Administrative Account
  13. Edward1991
    Started by Edward1991,

    You attend an incident where a man has refused to leave a shop after being told to do so by staff Offences?

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Sergeant Colon
  14. 95%boredom5%terror
    Started by 95%boredom5%terror,

    In the General policing subforums page it trailers Senario City as having 2403 topics. But there is only two pages available on my laptop........... Am I doing sumfin wrong?

    • 5 replies
    • 689 views
  15. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Right, long story short. Today, on the ride home guy pulls out in front of me. My pillion knocks his door with his foot and i beep. (Dont have a go at me for kicking his door, it wasnt me..) So, this guy then pulls up next to me diagonally to stop me riding off.. I pulled over anyway. Then slams his door into my leg when he tries to get out, realises hes too close and sits in his car in the middle of the road on his phone and taking pics of me.. I figure this is stupid so i rode about 100M's down the road and pull over into a side road. He drives up blocks the road with his car. After about 10 mins, reverses down the road hitting my pillion with his car. At this …

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    wrighty3524

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.