Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. SC_GMP_BDIV
    Started by SC_GMP_BDIV,

    You are driving down the road late at night in a liveried police vehicle in full uniform. You see a car in front of you swerving in its lane and form the opinion that the driver is possibly under the influence of alcohol. As you attempt to stop the vehicle it turns off the road into a private estate (owned by the driver) where the driver gets out of the car. The driver appears to have been drinking. How would you deal with this scenario?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.3k views
  2. Switch
    Started by Switch,

    Right, This happened to me two months ago, so I thought I would try to see what you all think. The Situation: At 13:00hrs in a Halifax branch, the Que was quite long and it was a busy day for the staff. I was depositing cash through the posh new cash machines. Once I have completed my deposit, I headed to the exit and the door security guard politely said "Sorry sir, the doors are locked due to us collecting the Cash Machine monies, please could I ask you wait a moment and then I'll be able to unlock the doors" I was perfectly fine with this, but a young yobbish woman was not. Was soon shouted "Why the F are you holding me in here? I am F'ing places to go, you have no…

      • Like
    • 50 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Administrative Account
  3. fence
    Started by fence,

    Was on duty last week in a marked police vehicle, my attention was drawn to a car with blacked out windows, we came to a stop at a set of red traffic lights, upon looking at the driver I notice his hand move from his ears and was 80% sure he was using a mobile phone but as it was blacked out couldn't really tell. Now heres the part I need help with. My driver then decided to pull the vehicle for a routine stop and talk if there was a mobile and ask for DL etc. We put the lights on and flash him to pull over, instead he carries on 50m down the road, turns right into a supermarket still doesn't stop then carries on another 50m then stops. At this point I'm thinking hes t…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. phantom91
    Started by phantom91,

    Just a quick scenario that I'd like some advice on: I was on my 4th shift as a Special on Saturday. Me and my colleague followed a suspicious vehicle to a stop at a petrol station. Upon it stopping we got out and I spoke to the passenger whilst my colleague spoke to the driver. At this time my colleague stated he could smell what he believed to be cannabis (I'd just got over a cold, so I couldn't smell it). He then informed the occupants that he was going to search them and the vehicle for drugs. To cut a long story short this seemed to enrage the occupants who denied there was any smell and said that if we searched they was going to put in a formal complain as there hu…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Sergeant Colon
  5. sam the man
    Started by sam the man,

    What offence is happeneing here (apart from shouting and criminal damage)? Moving roadworks into road etc Thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 724 views
  6. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    OK, another topic has given me an idea; Myself, being the type of person that I am had become upset because your front lawn was looking increasingly untidy and the grass had not been cut for at least 3 weeks. You live next door to me and the whole village is being judged for the 'Best Kept Gardens Award 2011" and I feel that your uncut front lawn will damage our chances of winning the award. So, whilst you are not at home I mow your front lawn without your permission and put the grass cuttings into my recycle bin. So what offences have I committed; 1) Criminal Damage? 2) Theft? 3) Trespass?

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 2.3k views
  7. DavidW1546081173
    Started by DavidW1546081173,

    Ok so here is a real life scenario... names, places and voices have been changed to protect the innocent Going for a catch up with some friends back in my home town. I am driving as I am on duty the next day so will be on coke all night. Arriving at the bar I see my friends and walk over. As this point a rather drunk/high looking male grabs my ear (very softly) and rubs it saying 'you have somthing on your ear'. I gave him about 1-2 seconds then said 'I dont think so' before moving his hand away with a soft push. The male then carefully runs his hand down my face and removed my glasses. At this point I forcefully grab his arm. To which his mate replies 'you going to …

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 835 views
    DavidW1546081173
  8. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    If you are travelling down, say... the M1 or any other major road and some one infront of you throws stuff out the window. Papers, wrappers, cups etc, This may cause danger to drivers by catching their windscreen and temporarily blocking vision, or even a motorcyclist. What offence(s) have been committed?

    • 7 replies
    • 724 views
  9. jonoholland
    Started by jonoholland,

    Heres a quick one for you... Officers are dispatched to a report of an Asian male, early 20’s wearing a dark tracksuit dealing drugs outside a school. It’s a Saturday. The RP is an off duty police officer. Officers arrive and outside the school is a Black male, early 20’s wearing a dark tracksuit. There are no other persons around within the vicinity of the school. Would you stop and encounter them?

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 2.9k views
  10. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    A MOP friend of mine has a 1st class train ticket but sometimes has to stand as there are no seats. Today some RPIs came and checked tickets and removed a few people who did not have 1st class tickets. These were people he regularly sees on the train sitting in 1st class. Obviously he was very annoyed and asked me if he could ask to see their ticket if he suspected they did not have the correct ticket and could he remove them from the 1st class seats so people with the correct tickets can sit in them? Could a constable do that?

    • 8 replies
    • 775 views
  11. fraserlockey
    Started by fraserlockey,

    I realise that the title of this thread is possibly going to start some groaning but bear with me! Clicky "17 March 2011 Last updated at 12:59 Firefighter resuscitates pet dog after Hull house fire A firefighter saved a pet dog's life by giving it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation for half an hour following a fire. Firefighter Mike Dunn resuscitated the dog after it was pulled from the blaze showing no signs of life. Crews from three stations tackled the fire which began when a pan was left unattended on a cooker at a property in Silverdale Road, Hull, on Wednesday. …

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    You put an item you want to buy at a shop on the counter and hand over the money. Then someone snatches the item from the counter before the cashier puts the money away. Has that person stolen from you or the shop?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
    lemondrizzlecake
  13. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    http://www.outdoorgb...ata_Multi_Tool/ Basicly its a knife that is over 3 inches ( most probably buy look ) and is locking and that's illegal? but I went on a camp with cadets recently , some people had that style knife with over 3 inches and stuff. So say I was out camping with that type of knife, would I be breaking anything? and I know about disclaimer just asking a question As im using it for a good reason... ( camping) and would need it to cut branches of trees and to help make fire and other obvious reasons / its a multi-tool, has things other then knife. could I use it, The thing that actually got me on legality was this bit - Opening Style: Butterfly , hmmm tha…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Peeler91
    Started by Peeler91,

    Hi, came across this situation yesterday whilst sitting outside a pub and it got me thinking what would the charge be in this particular case. I was sitting with two friends when a man who was clearly homeless approached us and showed us a small baggy of a green substance presumably cannabis, due to the mans appearance it seemed highly unlikely that he was indeed in possession of any real banned substances. What is the charge here in this situation? Intent to sell or fraud if the substance in question did indeed turn out to be fake? What would you guys do if you were in my position i.e. just chatting with friends in your free time or if you were on patrol and saw this ha…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
    jake1546080880
  15. Neverland
    Started by Neverland,

    This actually happened to a colleague of mine.. You are on patrol in a marked vehicle when you spot a driver on the phone/ not wearing a seatbelt etc or any other traffic offence. You pull the young lad over and go to speak to him. At this point he turns up his music stupidly loud, loud enough that he cant hear you or you cant hear him. I would be getting them to take a seat in the back of the car as I explain why I have pulled them over and issue the ticket, however he cant hear you.. he's just sat in his car smilling at you, with the music really loud refusing to turn it down, really trying to wind you up. What can and what would you do?

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 3.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.