Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Though of this scenario whilst hyperboard at work. Say some young rebel teens are hassling a 60-year old farmers cows, The farmer has had heart problems so he has a pacemaker. The farmer gets irritated at the Kids as its a common occurrence and grabs 'moi shaaatgun' (farmer accent). Then starts taking shots at the teens, who then scarper and the police are called. The very irate man refuses to drop the gun and is now brandishing it at the police. After a while of negotiating he still refuses to drop it and the police feel its time to bring it to an end. So they tazer him, but are unaware of the heart condition. The shock results in the man dying from the electrici…

    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. SCAlex
    Started by SCAlex,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12330181 You have to watch the video to understand. The cyclist gets assulted (I believe), if this was you. What would you do at this time? Would you arrest them? Identify yourself as a Police Constable? Ignore it and take the hits? I am aware of the discalimer. Please no answers that are "Why would you get involved, or I wouldn't do this without PPE" or any of that nonsence. Thanks Personally I would Identify myself as a Police Officer, if the male calmed down and apoligised then I would give words of suitable advice, taking down his VRN and prehaps sending him a letter regarding the issue recapping what the suitable words of advi…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 945 views
  3. yellowombat
    Started by yellowombat,

    Hi, just wondering what happens in this scenario? Basically working in a convenience store a new thing that kids are doing (hasn't happened in my shop yet) is that kids are taking alcohol of shelves and drinking it in the shop, when asked to pay for it they cannot as they are under 18! What laws have they broken / what should be actioned / what would you do!? I guess theft for one?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Hey guys, This isn't another 'Off Duty' thread (well not exactly!) BTP Officers are only allowed to intervene if asked by a HO officer. My question is if there was something happening could they intervene? I am delibratly leaving out a set 'scenario' as I don't want to get into another argument about why you would want to get involeved. So imagine; BTP officer, walking down the road. Something what (s)he deems to need intervention happens can they assist even though no other officers are there? They are not on a railway or tube line! As I say, I dont want to get into the argument about why you would want to. As that argument is the old chicken and egg argument. Some…

      • Like
    • 65 replies
    • 3.4k views
  5. Plum1994
    Started by Plum1994,

    Hello, Imagine: A leaner driver is driving along the road and one of their L Plates flies off. It lands on the windscreen of the car behind which causes an accident. Has any offence been comitted here?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  6. Bravo
    Started by Bravo,

    If a detainee had been released, and the station offered them a lift home, would precautions be taken (eg van), or would they just ride in the car? Bear in mind that they have been released and are not being detained.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 954 views
  7. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Since the smoking ban was introduced it is illigal to smoke in public buildings and vehicles. In most company vehicles it states that it is illigal to smoke in this vehicle. So you are on duty and you see a taxi driver or lorry driver smoking in their vehicle what would or could you do?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 508 views
  8. lemondrizzlecake
    Started by lemondrizzlecake,

    Does a constable lose their power of arrest while themselves under arrest? Could you legally end up with a situation where two officers fight one another, and both subsequently end up arresting the other and presenting eachother before the custody skipper?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    This is a common problem round the out skirts of my town. I often see fields full of travellers, then when they leave they leave rubbish, cans, bottles, gas bottles, old tyres and all sorts of stuff. Does the farmer or owner of the field have the right to kick them off the land and/or prosecute them? What offences are they committing?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 738 views
  10. _21795
    Started by _21795,

    Here's a situation that happened to me and a few friends a while back. Yes, this is an off-duty question, but I promise it's not the usual "OMGZ can I arrest someone?" power trip kind of scenario! The boyfriend (B) of one of my friends (G) visited unexpectedly and an argument developed outside on the doorstep. Another one of my friends (V) was with them. I stumbled upon them all and, without wanting to look awkward, talked to V trying to ignore B and G. V suggested that he and I went inside to his room to "get something" as a pretence to leave the couple in peace. Meanwhile another friend (W) innocently walked into the room. A short while later, G came into the room visi…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. SO191
    Started by SO191,

    OK, I am a UK and US citizen, I reside full time in the States. If I travel to the UK and enter on my American Passport, commit a crime and get arrested would I be treated as a UK Citizen or 'Johnny Foreigner' Bearing in mind although I was born in the UK I entered as a US Citizen.

    • 11 replies
    • 926 views
  12. Zapdos1545926123
    Started by Zapdos1545926123,

    Video removed due to the profanity used within it. Certain words beginning with "W" "C" and "F" are not suitable for PoliceSpecials.com in any context.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 581 views
  13. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    This could be in general or The law topic but decided to put here, as its sorta a scenario, but if its in wrong place you can kindly move it I know there already is a knife topic but it did not awser this question that i needed to know, Say i have a knife, im under 18 , i did not buy myself obviously. Could I carry it if I am using it for a practical reason? Duke of Edinburgh expeditions + i Go camping with my uncle but we dont take tents, we make our own, so if I was stopped I would have no "kit" as such. would i be aloud to carry a 2.6 inch, non lockable knife? reassembling this one below in link . + remember I am under 18, and lets say in another case i WAS 18, can…

    • 8 replies
    • 668 views
  14. Infected
    Started by Infected,

    Hey folks, long time lurker first time poster. Had a little experience over the holidays that has had me thinking and talking to friends about it, and after pretty much 50/50 split on opinions from them, i remembered "that police forum" i read (quite a lot too, tis a good read), anyhoo, i'll try and keep it short. I was in the city centre [liverpool] on my way home with my girlfriend looking for a taxi just before christmas at about 4am, both of freezing our behinds off (no jackets!) We saw a young lad quite away down the road walking towards us wearing a jacket, my girfriend we decided that I was going to ask the lad to sell us his coat and she we decided that we …

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. TommyBaz1546081266
    Started by TommyBaz1546081266,

    Just interested to see what you would do in the following situation I found myself in this evening. Assume you are off duty. Whilst walking to my car after finishing work, I saw 2 men standing in the middle of the carpark. It was dark, the carpark is quite large and it was empty apart from 3 cars. One of the men looked angry, and was shouting loudly at the other who just stood there and wasnt replying. There didnt appear to be any physical contact, just the bloke shouting angrily at the other. I wasnt quite sure what to do, but decided to walk by as neither gentlemen interacted with me, and the one being shouted at didnt ask me for help. I justified that me getti…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.