Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
You come home from work to find a betterware / Kleeneze / Avon catalogue on your door mat. Knowing that your life is complete enough without having to procure any of the high end quality products contained in the publications (or you're a single male who does not feel the need for copious amounts of make up) you dispense said item(s) in the recycle bin without taking them out of their slightly rain proof wrapper. A few days later a rather thick set chap knocks your door to collect the catalogue. You tell him what you've done with it, at which point he becomes angry saying how his wife has to pay for the books and that it said inside you must put them out on the doorstep …
-
Imagine the scenario.... Its early hours in the morning and you get sent to a report from ambulance that there is a male at an address who has slashed his wrist.......... you turn up in company with your colleague and find a male sat in a room naked with blood over himself and the room indeed bleeding from the wrist ambulance at this stage are not here and he is arguing with his girlfriend who had called us ten minutes previously stating that she had just got back.......... I sit there holding the already blood stained tea towel over the injury holding pressure on it untill the ambulance crew arrive....after a couple of minutes coaxing him around to have it bandaged we…
-
Say I was driving past an 2 officers in a scuffle with a large crowd. Providing I was returning home from work with full kit and PPE what would I do? would i have to go on the radio and book on? and since i was off duty would the use of PAVA or a baton be justified?
-
After turning all the lights off in the house the other day and using a torch to see (that's what I do when I'm bored) I was wondering what if an off-duty special was walking past my house, saw the torch and assumed a break in. What could they do?
-
Hi all, Was just thinking today. If a commercial shopping premises were selling idividuals cans of coca-cola or similar marked "multipack can, not to be resold individually" as some are then do they comit a criminal offence? I take it that these types of cans are bought in a multipack at wholesale prices hence why they are marked as thus. Is it a trading standards offence? or any offence at all? Regards
-
Hi All, first post on here, but basically have just finished 16 weeks of Specials Training and got my first shift next Thursday night, which is locally the cheap night out and is regularly swamped with 18 - 19 year olds etc. I have the benefit of having a 17 year old sister, and I know alot of her 16 and 17 year old friends go out on thursdays. I'm sure it will come down to my duty inspector on the evening, but what would be the best course of action if I see them out? If im inform bouncers, I'll get it in neck of them and my sister obviously Cheers
-
You get a call by a MOP who has been clamped incorrectly. say for eg he did have a permit but the clamper didnt see, or he was given permission by the landowner, or there signs were hidden (any one will do) You arrive and the motorist says: "Listen Guv, he wants £400 to take the clamp off and then he says I can appeal. I've got a permit to be here see. If I pay him the £400 I'll never see it again, if I dont pay hes gonna tow the car away. Is it ok if I cut off the chain, and then go buy a new chain and leave my details with the clamper. Will you nick me ?" Then a member of public says "these guys have been at it all day, they hide and then they clamp people who are sh…
-
Good evening all, First of all Happy New Year!! Now, I am new to all this but trying to learn in the hope my application will be successful. I was volunteering at a charity 10k run the other week and roads were closed around the city. Approximately a week before the run affected residents were sent a letter with regards to the said road closures, some residents could not go anywhere as the only road out of their estate was closed. On the day a few pulled up and tried to get out and we (as marshalls) were told to notify event organisers who would then send the police for a friendly chat. My query is what is the law that stopped residents from going out, if they got s…
-
Ignore the practicalities of the system. Jacob is given a weekly payment, in cash. This is authorised and endorsed from one office by way of a form, but Jacob has to take this form to another office where the cash is held. The original authorised and endorsed form is for £50, which is written in figures and words. A few moments later, the authorising office receive a call from the payment office querying the amount. Jacob has inserted a '1' before the '50' which for all the world now looks like £150. The payment is refused because, though the form is genuine, the amount has been altered very cleverly and the reason the payment office is querying the amount because th…
-
Now obviously we all know driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs is illegal and not to mention stupid and in no way do i advocate it nor suggest anyone does the below. However........ You are driving home from work, your thirsty. All you have in your car is 1 bottle of beer. You are a big lad, your drink often but steadily and moderated so have a high tollerance. You have only done half a day at work so generally you consider yourself awake and alert. What offences, if any, are committed by drinking alcohol at the wheel. For arguments sake, you get spotted drinking by police and only blow 12 when breathalised (having finished the bottle and waited 20mins) so you ar…
-
Hello all, I have a scenario in my community which I have been pulling my hair out trying to work out in regards to the law. We live near a club in which as two entrances then a car park, and a small road leading to a large pavillion with football pitches (used for a football team). They regular host car boot events, and football tournaments usually on a weekend. They will have large signs pointing halfway down the road initiating contact saying the event name. Then red cones following the signs down the road into the event. They will also mark and close off one entrance leading into our property with old road digging barriers. Now I see this as not being legal in te…
-
Just having this convo in the lounge. Say a Premier League match is on and a player gets sent off. The owner of the club enter the pitch in protest and ignores the ref to leave. He stays on the pitch. The ref calls for police to escort the owner off the pitch. Im guessing it wouldn't be trespass as the owner owns the stadium??
-
Lets say you're on foot patrol. A member of the public approaches you. He points out a male who is being loud and generally a bit rowdy, but its all in another language and you don't understand. The member of the public says that what he is saying in that language is rude and offensive although he does not feel that the abuse is being directed at anyone. There are a lot of people around who understand what the male is saying as they speak in that language. This could for example be outside a mosque (if like me you can't understand a word of Arabic) or it could be a Polish shop (again if you don't speak polish). What actions do you now take?
-
-
We've all seen footage of police officer's smashing a car's window to remove or stop a driver who won't get out of the vehicle. Are their any specific powers for doing this, or is it a case of "believed the owner would not mind had they have known the circumstances."