Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Ok, so on foot you stop a young man. He is a bit anti. As you walked up to him you see him tell a person walking past "What you looking at". Chappie is generally being a nuisance. You speak to him ask for his name/address under Section 50 Police Reform Act 2002 as he has acted in a anti-social manner. The youth gives his name as Ben Dover. After a few goes you get the real name eventually. [/url] Question is - legislation is below: Can the youth be reported for an offence under S50 PRA 2002? ie: not giving his name when requested to do so. Granted we get there eventually but does the fact he doesn't tell me to start of with constitute and offence? Obviously there is t…
-
Go easy - SC still in training here OK, here goes: Sober male gets dumped and kicked out of girlfriends house. He drives to shop buys 8 cans of alcohol. Drives (still sober) to a side road to sleep in the car for the night, parks up safely and legally, gets into passenger side of car, with the ignition on (but the engine) off in order to keep warm with the blowers on. Starts to drink his alcohol with the aim to sleep it off in the car. Is he committing an offence? Is he still classed as being in charge of a vehicle? I was recently told that the Road Traffic Act is very technical and as a Special, we wouldn't get too involved.
-
Heres an interesting one, had a day off from work the other day, and a colleague phoned me up that night to say that within an area of the store, a member of the public had placed quite shocking pictures of abortions, with real images and words stating 'murderers' 'abortion is murder etc' and also a few shocking animal cruelty ones too! the person who had put these there was no where to be seen, and had clearly left the store long before someone found it, also no contact details or ways to get in contact with this extreme group were left, and im not sure about the cctv being clear either, but i am well aware this is exercising far beyond 'free speech' and alot of my colle…
-
Hello all, Having just watched the titular documentary, I was wondering what would any of you have done in that situation: a mentally ill woman/women running into a motorway. Would you run after her/them? If they became agressive what action would you take? etc etc. Thanks Phil
-
So, 2 Police approach a bunch of young males in a Marked car, as 1 has a controlled drug.. Well say 8 of them. Whilst the person in possession is being deal with, the group of 7 turns nasty. Starts giving the police grief and get aggressive towards them. Especially the officer that is not dealing with the offender, whos standing on the sideline. They start getting pushy, and very aggressive. Back-up is called, its 5 minutes away and its getting worse. What would you do??
-
Was on the way home from training the other day to stop at a roundabout. on the roundabout there was a small girl riding a horse with no saddle, she was around the age of 11, she had no clue how to use a roundabout, she had no helmet or safety protection the horse didn't have rains and she was taking it for a cruise down a main road. My jaw hit the floor. but i was wondering what laws she was breaking? just out of interest.
-
Hi, Last week in college a guy in the class had a small bag of weed. He was flashing it about to people, which is brave considering there are 2 SC's in the class. Both of the SC's knew he had it on him, but neither acted or said anything to him. Have they commited an offence by not challenging him, even thought they are not onduty (but both carry their warrent cards regardless). What would you do if one of your 'acquantances' (sp) had weed on them and you were off duty?
-
A real scenario on another forum I'm on. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/104271-police-data-protection.html The questions raised here are more than data protection and as a SPC in training I'd like to know more about this scenario if anyone can help... Thanks.
-
Connan Gupta, 40, is a hotelier, who had his house in south London occupied while on holiday Last month I came back to my home in Camberwell from a week at my sister's and couldn't get in. At first, I thought I had the wrong keys, but when I saw a sign in the window, I realised that there were squatters in there. I banged on the door for a few minutes, and said: 'This is my home, open the door.' They told me to go away. I called the police straight away, but was told – incorrectly – that there was nothing they could do, and I should hire a solicitor and go through the civil courts. I was completely in shock. I couldn't believe that this was going on, that there was…
-
I am quite open that I have several family members who are a bit dodgy and are well known to their local force. I do not see them very often, have very little to do with them and I live 60 odd miles away in a different force area to the one I (will soon) police. To my knowledge, they are not aware I am training to be a special. Imagine, I am visiting them (A) at their home for a specific reason (so I cannot easily remove myself from the location), when another (B) enters the property to talk to a third person ©, the partner. Firstly, (B) and © talk and then proceed to another room to consume an unidentified drug or light up a joint. Secondly, (B) and © discuss crimin…
-
Advice really. Something happens in your local area that gets the town talking. They turn to you for what happened. Here is what I have been saying. "I heard of the events, im sure the local news paper will reveal all soon" I don't really know what to say, but is that the right thing as ins an on going investigation? Your advice would be much appreciated.
-
Just to set the scene, I police an area which is inhabited by many service personnel who often come out drinking from the garrison which is located about 10 miles away (and takes 18 minutes from the garrison to the town according to multimap) Anyway I'm outside the nightclub one evening, theres a member of the army "playing up" hes been refused entry to the club because the door staff suspect that he was involved in a fight a few weeks ago. The soldier attempts to protest his innocents to the door staff but while doing so becomes aggressive. I approach the male and attempt to calm him down and move him away from the entrance to club, its obvious to me that hes had a d…
-
Hello, and yes I understand the legal disclaimer! Another scenario post about a shop (I work in one, so there) basically a male has come in to the store who is a regular customer, I suspect he has a form of aspergers or something. He says he doesn't want us to sell him any Anadin extra (paracetamol) as he says he overdoses and goes to hospital. We agree to this however today he is accidentally sold some Anadin, overdoses and then has to go to hospital. Policy states that we do not sell more than 2 packs to a customer at a time (in a reasonable period of time). Do we as a member of the public (working in a shop) have a duty of care if the man ASKS us NOT to sell him an…
-
So you're called to a shop alarm going off at 2am and a brief description of the male involved. You get to the scene and can the shop has clearly been broken into with items all over the floor. As your parter goes around the back of the store, he/she sees a male who matches the brief description who then runs off, they give chase, catch up and arrest them but what for? Is it theft or suspicion of theft? and what's the actual You know the store has been broken into, you know they match the description and the fact they run off makes it more suspicious.
-
Bear with me on this one, sorry ! this is completely made up by the way... Just curious on the answers.(assume you are an off duty special) alone in your vehicle Driving home from work and some muppet is driving right up your backside, you're in a 30 limit doing bang on 30mph, road conditions are clear. You drive along a twisty downhill section which has double solid white lines and can see in your rearview that the guy behind is desperate to overtake. As the road levels out, it is a quarter mile straight, still 30mph limit. 2 lanes of traffic with a right hand turning lane that extends approx 400 yards between lanes. The guy overtakes you using this right hand turni…