Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
I was wondering what happens to Police Officers if they are convicted (Triggered by a Story on the News Forum) and given a Prison Sentance. Do they go to Normal cells, or are there specific cells for Police Officers? Just thought i better add (Since the title infers it!) Im NOT going to prison! and im not likely too either!
-
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered before my search wasn't being too friendly. Scenario is, man in car is cut up by a bus which fails to indicate. The man pulled alongside the bus and attempted to speak to the driver but received abuse back. He then pulled in front of the bus and exited his car approaching the bus drivers window. Before a conversation could engage the bus driver pulled out knocking the man away from the bus with the side and proceeded to drive away. The male attempted to pursue but was stopped by traffic lights. The male then called the Police to report a 'hit and run'. Was an offence committed here? Other than public order if there was abuse…
-
Basically people have stopped using the toilets to snort in my pub but I had a couple of lads with pupils like saucers in last night. I think they're using them vicks inhalers and I read on another forum they can be converted for this use. Going to be doing more "random" searches next week but before I do can anyone give me some advice about spotting what's different if they've been adapted for this use?
-
Hi guys, Just a made-up scenario, so would just like honest opinions and no arguements! please haha . Here it is: You are in your normal 'day job' or college or wherever, and you hear another member of staff/student openly admit to his friends that he has been involved in an incident. Let's say, he admits he has been stealing from a shop/store and he gives the details of the 'incident'. What would you do? Would you sit there and ignore him or discreetly ask him for details, or even let it go and inform your supervision when back on Police duty? Like I say, it's entirely a made-up scenario, so no sarcastic or heated discussions please, just honest, normal replies and…
-
Hi all Today i was in a well known restaurant, with a few friends just having a nice time enjoying the atmosphere etc. then on the table next to us a couple of a African decent sat down ordered there meal and began talking (nothing unusual about that) the food was brought out and the woman asked for a glass of tap water, soon after the water was brought to the table the woman stopped the manager of the restaurant who was just milling around the diners and told him that she had seen the waitress stick her hand in the glass of water, then laugh about it with colleagues, before bringing it to the table. Some words were exchanged between the manager and the couple which b…
-
Evening, Just saw something that got me thinking. Is a CSO classed as a MOP when it comes to harrassment alarm and distress? I know police officers are supposed to be "hardened" to it, but are CSO's?
-
I am not a serving special yet - but in this situation that I just encountered had I been I don't know what I could have done..anyway..i'll explain what happened and what went through my mind, and you guys can comment. Whilst nipping into Sainsburys earlier there was a little old lady purchasing some bits and bobs in front of me. She was in the que and the checkout with me, and had her shopping on the conveyor, with her trolly behind her..with her open handbag sitting in it. Now, I considered saying to her 'excuse me love, it really isn't a good idea to leave your handbag like that, if i'd been the wrong sort of person I could have been halfway down the street with you…
-
This is something that happened a few months back and I am just curious as to what laws were broken and how it would be dealt with both in uniform and out of..... Here goes.......... Near my house is a small side street that is one way. On my way to work I walk against the flow of traffic down this street so when it comes to crossing the street I don't look behind me. One morning, as I step out, I am nearly knocked down by a car coming the wrong way. The road is around 150m long and at the end there is a car park. To access it the legal way from where it becomes a one way street you have to go into the town centre, which at rush hour is not a nice thing. The driver pull…
-
Joe Bloggs is a curious chap computer geek. He decides one day to hack into a forum by kind of piggybacking off members IP's. Joe manages to access the Forum under the guise of a genuine members login details. He dose not alter anything whilst logged in. Has Joe Bloggs commited any offence under the Misuse of Computer Act 1990? Please note, this is purley a scenario and does not relate to any actual forum!
-
A colleague passed me this interesting article today. The article is quite explanitory and paints the scene rather well. Obviously it is rather one sided, but taking the onesidedness as fact for the purposes of this scenario, how well do you feel the officer/PCSO dealt with this scenario. http://monaxle.com/2009/07/08/section-44-i...am-high-street/ I have had one read through of the scenario and at first glanse, I see a number of issues:- Plain clothed officers did not produce their warrant cards GOWISLEY not followed in the stop and search Taking pictures of non sensitive buildings in public is not unlawful Taking pictures of Police or PCSO's in public is no…
-
Would wearing a large swastika - or an item of clothing with a large swastika on it - constitute - in itself - a s.5 (or other public order) offence? I saw a chap ride past on a pushbike with a huge swastika on his chest today....I was on duty and would have stopped him for a chat but i was on a crime scene and he was on the other side of a main road and I didn't see him until the last second. but if I see it again I'm definitely tugging him for a chat - at least.
-
This is a real situation that I found myself in today. I was crossing the road minding my own bussiness when and individual steps off the pavement and walks right up to me. He stops only inches away from my face, takes a deep breath and blows in my face. He grins and turns to walk away. I ask him if he is alright. His behavior was unusual and I am genuinely concerned that there is something wrong with him. He then asks me what my problem is. I tell him that I haven't got a problem and once again ask if he is ok. He then tells me to move along. I just stood there and held my ground. He repeats the instruction to move along then asks me if I would like sparking out. I calml…
-
Following on from this post: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index....t&p=1615173 If you purchase a second hand car from an independent dealership and the road tax has expired (assume it is declared SORN), how are you supposed to organise the Road Tax until you have registered with the DVLA as the new Keeper? It's been a while since I've done this and my mind is a-blank.
-
Jim Bloggs is an amateur housebreaker. He comes to the front door of a house, which he manages to open forcefully and enters the house illegally, going through cupboards to look for things to steal. Meanwhile the owner turns up at the front door, sees it is open and rushes in. Upon seeing Jim's figure, he starts shouting, startles Jim, who runs out the back door and shins over a six-foot wall in the back garden. The wall has pieces of broken bottles and glass embedded at its top to discourage such behaviour. Jim suffers from multiple lacerations to his hands and forearms and cannot work for a week as a result, losing an estimated 10,000 pounds in income. What offences …
-
Mr Smith, a keen gardener, is becoming aware that the neighbour's cat is frequently entering his garden and defecating in the flower beds. He becomes very irate at this so puts down a saucer of antifreeze right where the cat can find it. The cat drinks the whole saucer and subsequently dies. Does Mr Smith commit any offences?