Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Frogman
    Started by Frogman,

    So i know that it's not popular here to discuss off duty scenarios...but hear me out will you? (may i add that this is a toally hypothetical question)... So, your liying in bed after a heavy shift at 0300 looking to get to sleep. One of your best friends rings you up and states that they have been involved with a public order incident in your local city (away from your local division) and has been arrested. They have used their 'one phonecall' to call you and state they are in your local custody. They have called you because they know you can ring their family (having their numbers) to explain the circs from a policemans point of view. Now, you have been friends for ove…

    • 46 replies
    • 2k views
  2. Aequitas
    Started by Aequitas,

    On face value... Power to detain to investigate whether or not a crime has been committed / occurred? It happens, we all know it happens, question being is there 'actual' legislation to back us up or is it simply an accepted practice. I'm thinking along the lines of the prevent crime aspect of section 3 criminal law act 1967. Thoughts? (Something besides S1 PACE, S23, S60 please)

    • 5 replies
    • 700 views
  3. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    I was reading this topic and it got me wondering about dealing with children who are committing offences. How does it work? Consider the following: A mother and daughter are standing in a stationery shop, when the daughter (unseen by the mother) picks up a marker and scribbles on another customer's expensive white coat. The mother refuses to pay for cleaning or replacement of the coat ("I didn't do it, and anyway - what do you expect wearing white?"), and an argument flares up. Suppose the daughter is 2. You walk into the shop and calm the two parties down, but the mother refuses to take responsibility for the damage caused by her child. What next? How old would …

    • 12 replies
    • 961 views
  4. HP99
    Started by HP99,

    I don't normally do these, but based on something I've just seen on TV. Male a) has been requested by Male b) to come and pick him up from a party because he's not well (well in drink). Male b) has obtained some car keys from a driver (who thought Male b) was valet parking). When male a) arrives, male b) tell's him that the car he has the keys for is his new car and ask's him to drive him home. Would male b) be guilty of TWOC ? I guess he has taken the vehicle without actual consent of the owner, but he was of the belief that the person instructing him to drive WAS the owner. My take on it is, he would not be able to use most of the Statutory defences (although coul…

    • 5 replies
    • 559 views
    Administrative Account
  5. sheep_head69
    Started by sheep_head69,

    Quite possibly a daft question but.... Let's say you had reason to name-check someone, "John Smith", on "King Street". Let's say he came back as having an ASBO, the conditions of which ban him from entering or being near King Street. Whats your next move? Do you arrest straight away? if so.. whats the offence?

    • 13 replies
    • 839 views
  6. -AJ
    Started by -AJ +,

    Okay, so this is a real situation I encountered today and wondered what if anything I would do as a police officer - Driving down the country lanes today, we were flashed by a couple of motorists coming the other way - so the obvious answer is to think okay, there is something up ahead..so luckily I slowed down. Anyway, Turns out there had been a crash, car vs lorry and both vehicles were damaged beyond being movable eg the wheel of the car had been ripped off and the lorry had bits hanging off the side, and a flat tyre. The vehicles were blocking the road. Now they drivers were both happily exhanging details, but my question would be if you encountered this situation…

    • 7 replies
    • 502 views
  7. jonoholland
    Started by jonoholland,

    If you stop some one for a traffic offence and decide to issue a ticket, or you just want to give some one a HORT/1 for their driving licence, what do you do if they say they have lost the paper part? Also, what If you give some one a ticket or hort/1 they accept, and then can't find their paper counterpart? Is it just a court summons? or do you then get time to contact the DVLA, get a replacement and then surrender your licence?

    • 14 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. LondonSPC
    Started by LondonSPC,

    I stopped a car recently because the driver was using his phone. I decided early on that I had better things to do than issue the FPN and gave words of advice. I did a vehicle check, insurance, MOT and road tax test - all came back as fine and all in the name of the guy I had stopped. When I came to do a driver's licence check however, there was no record of him and he didn't have his licence on him. He passed the 'smell test' and had insurance, so I issued a HORT/1 producer and let him on his way. I know I could have arrested, but what is the offence and what course of action would others have taken?

    • 23 replies
    • 3.9k views
  9. Jinx20
    Started by Jinx20,

    Not sure if this topic should be elsewhere but i apologise if it is in the wrong place. Today i came home from ASDA to find a boy trampling all over my lawn (parents lawn) and slamming on the front door. This boy is around 14 or 15 years old and has learning difficulties. He is well known to us as my brother used to go to the same school but has the idea in his head that my younger sister is his girlfriend even though she can't stand the boy. When he was younger it didnt really bother me however it is starting to get out of hand. When i arrived home he was right up in my face shouting at me on my own path that he had seen my sister in the house. He was very aggressive an…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. SC2PC
    Started by SC2PC,

    You are out on a night duty, and give some stern words to a bunch of drunk lads/ladies and as you turn around and walk away one of them throws a bottle and it hits you and smashes, although you are not overly hurt due to it hitting your stab vest. What would your next move be? Answers on a postcard please

    • 31 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. Mr Random
    Started by Mr Random,

    bob is sick to death of the local oiks robbing everybody blind and doing all sorts of terrible things- he decides action is needed and is worth a few quid, he also has a lot of mates who are worth a few quid he decides what's needed is a group of blokes to sort the situation pay them a wage and maybe give them a nice uniform, get them to walk about a bit some of them start carrying bits of wood and putting people in cuffs what would you do? there is a second part to this but I'd like to see a few peoples views first

    • 11 replies
    • 850 views
  12. MattM1546081117
    Started by MattM1546081117,

    I was just watching traffic cops i think and something popped up in my mind which kind of relates to a previous topic on here about a male searching females. I was wondering say some kids fighting someone calls the police to which they attend, Officers find an illegal substance at the scene and then proceed to search everyone at the scene which lets say for the purpose of this scenario they are all minors Would an adult e.g. the Minor Parents have to be present before the search is allowed? Or if another officer is present would that satisfy policies / laws regarding searching of minors?

    • 7 replies
    • 707 views
  13. truebluesteve
    Started by truebluesteve,

    Hi A question for you all.. On my way home tonight I was about to cross a busy road when a rather large woman in a rather large 4 x 4 came hurtling round the corner (she was turning left) with a mobile phone stuck to her ear. She clipped the kerb and just managed to miss me before stopping a little further down the road because of traffic. I was really annoyed and felt like giving her a peace of my mind, but that aside... if I were a special (hopefully soon) but not in uniform, would it be appropriate to approach her car and speak to her as a police officer. Thanks

    • 22 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. anskas
    Started by anskas,

    In the city centre this evening I saw an unmarked car (I know the make and colour, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to take down the VRM or look at the tax disc) with a blue light-bar attached to the roof. The car was parked and there was no one inside or nearby. I was in a rush so didn't stay for long. Should I have or should I still report this? I'm kicking myself for not taking the VRM, without it my information is a bit rubbish. I'm a Met Special, but this happened in the Thames Valley, where I live for half the year...

    • 64 replies
    • 7.4k views
  15. dcan1
    Started by dcan1,

    Hi all, This is a real scenario, it happened to me about 2 months ago. I was picking my cousin up from a car meet, when I pulled up, I could smell cannabis and I noticed two people in a parked vehicle smoking it. I asked my cousin and he also said that it was them smoking it. As an off-duty special, what actions if any, could of been taken? thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 635 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.