Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Unsure if this is the right area, but I found this and I was quite shocked at how frightened the Japanese police were. At some points they run away and at 1:43 they actually use a shield!So say this happened (which it probably has) here, how would you expect a normal British officer to deal with a situation like this?
-
SMITH has a drug habit which necessitates the commission of crime to feed. Today he needs more money to buy dings and sets off to-see what he can get. Walking past a row of terraced houses SMITH looks through the front window of one of the properties to see that the occupants have left a large window at the rear of the house open. Seizing the opportunity he walks down an alley at the side of the terrace and makes his way to the rear garden of the property''. Although the gate is locked, the wall is only some four feet high and easily scaled. SMITH does so then crosses the garden and climbs through the window of the property. He sets about searching for small high value i…
-
I was recently arrested for drink driving in a public place, this place being a pub car park. The question i have is were do i stand on this beiing private property. ive spoke to the landlord and he has got the brewery and his solicitor to confirm it is private property. also i had no intention of driving out of the car park firstly i drove in the opposite direction to any exit route, secondly i i was out of the car and it was locked up i was walking back wen i saw the police. and there is cctv of all this. one other thing is that the vehicle is recorded wrong on my charge sheet its a vw golf instead of vw polo and my breathalser results differ on my printout from the mac…
-
Hi all, A friend of mine asked me about an incident that he experienced yesterday and although I realise we are not a legal helpcentre etc. I wanted to check if I had provided the correct advice. He was about to cross the road when a (powered) scooter went through a red light, narrowingly missing several pedestrians already crossing. The driver then shouted a load of expletives which were returned by some of those crossing. My friend wanted to know what he should do if the situation happens again. I suggested that should there have been any injury to get on the 9's straight away and note the VRM, description of the bike and suspect, etc. I mentioned that the two offen…
-
Reporting the registration number of a car with several very bald tyres? I was parked next to it today at Tesco, and decided to note down its registration - Then thought they police may think it a complete waste of time as they may never see it again..what do you think?
-
It's something I see every now and again on public transport, beggars / buskers walking through the carriage asking for money. I'm not likely to see this scenario on-duty. I'm curious to know what, if anything, you would do off-duty? Particularly if there were elderly/vulnerable people in the carriage who may feel intimidated. If you would take action, then what would you do if a) They had a valid ticket and b) did not have a valid ticket.
-
A work vehicle appears usable, and there is nothing on the log book to suggest otherwise. On taking the vehicle out, the driver notices that the led light illuminating the speedometer is very faint/not working. The brakes are also squealing - they work fine but are making a squeaking noise. What is more the tracking is out slightly, pulling the car to the left. On the return journey, the engine becomes bumpy, and on a couple of occasions misfires, suggesting a timing issue... perhaps. The driver notes that there are faults in the log book, and emails someone to alert them to the various faults. However, it is not marked urgent as none of the faults are MOT failures. …
-
Sorry if this has came up, couldnt see it in any topic titles/discriptions. I have my final interview panel in 2 days, and I was just wondering, (I am currently a serving police cadet) so im fortunate enough to have basically a ton of questions sent to me (by other cadets who have went through their interviews to become PCs) so I know what questions I would be asked. There are obviously a lot of scenario questions, the usual like "what would you do on a night out if a fight broke out in the pub" or "what would you do if you were at a party and someone was taking drugs" but I was suprised to see on one of the question-lists What would you do if you pulled over a car for…
-
Car parks opposite a bus stop as bus is pulling up, and effectively blocks the road because traffic cannot pass the car, and traffic cannot pass the bus. The bus stops are diagonal to each other, and either side there are no parking restrictions. Is there an offence of obstruction for the car stopping, or is it just a case that the car hasn't parked on the actual bus stop, and just have to wait for the bus to move? I know the car in front of me that was stuck behind the car wanted it to be moved, judging by the asking of it :D but we just had to wait for the bus to move.
-
I recently read about a guy who was stopped for not wearing a seatbelt. No NOT ME - my Mondeo makes a HELL of a racket if I don't have my belt on ....DING DING DING it just drives you mad. Anyway back to the scenario. Guy is stopped for no belt. Warned. Bobby asks what he does for a living. Guys says he's in IT and works from home. Bobby asks where he's going. Guy replies he's going to cut somone's lawn for a small fee. A one off. Bobby says the guy should have business entitlement on his car insurance. Guy apparently only had S,D + P. First offence. Guess the penalty... £200 and 6 points!!!! Is that fair? Guy thinks it isn't. I'm undecided. Over to you!
-
So, who would you nick,and for what offences,if any? http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d17_1254449597
-
Last night I had words with a chap about the state of his (push)bike. The rear brake cable had been damaged and as a result the brake was completely inoperable. The front brake was working fine. The brakes were not the only issue and after some words of advice, he walked his bike home. I seem to remember that there's a requirement to have two means of stopping a bike (or any vehicle?). I also think that where a fixed gear is used (i.e no freewheel is present, so the bike can be stopped using the pedals alone) then this counts as one brake, so only on front/rear brake is then required. I don't know where this nugget comes from, and I may be completely wrong. So, w…
-
Okay for this scenario I will pick some names, let's say the hypnotist is called... hmm.. for no particular reason... a random name... I'll call him Derren. Derren hypnotises Jimmy into stealing something. They get found out... Who get's charged with theft?
-
Hi All, Given the recent article on the bbc (link), got me thinking, what do you actually do if you get one? I believe you are meant to hand it in at the nick so: a) Has anyone done this? b) Has anyone accepted a fake coin at a nick? (Don't know if it's really scenario city feel free to move) I won't ask if people are going to use the fake coin as I'm sure PSD wouldn't approve.
-
Based on a thread in general discussion right now, i present the following scenario... Your on your own patrolling in an unmarked car where a vehicle is doing donughts in a seculded car park with one exit/entrance. You hear/see the vehicle in question and drive around to the only entry/exit gate to the car park and block it with your unmarked vehicle. You get out of your car and approach the car in question who speeds off as you get near the drivers side. He comes to a halt and you again walk to the car which speeds off again as your approaching the drivers door. He's giving your the run around in a car park approx (200m x 50m). Theres no way out as your unmarked vehicl…