Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
hi all if you overheard a youth being abusive and extremely threatening to a person on the other end of his mobile,about what he was going to do to him and how he was going to do it. what would you do in this situation? also,what offences if any has he committed ? :D thanks all
-
Hi Everyone, Hope someone out there might give me a definitive answer on a Licence question. What is the definition of Driving Restriction 101, "Not for hire or reward". I passed my Cat B back in 1990, so I have D1 with a 101 restriction. Now at my day job we have a minibus and I was asked if I can go to the train station to pick some students up. It's a 16 seater. The students are on a course with us, so don't pay for the journey, but I am salaried, so I am being "rewarded"? Am I driving other than in accordance with my licence????
-
Just before christmas last year 09 my girlfriend and i went to town for a friends birthday. I drove to town in my car with valid insurance, mot and tax, I had a few to drink whilst there. My gf did not drink that evening so she would be able to drive us home at the end of the night, as she believed she had a valid insurance that would cover her in my car. On our journey home we were stopped for a routine drink drive check. All was fine with the breathaliser. When the officers make there checks on the vechile all details checked out but it was found that my gfs policy had not shown up on mid. The officers read my gf her rights and have charged her with driving with no i…
-
Was walking out a nightclub last night with my girlfriend when a couple of black guys approached me and called me a pak* bas*ard. Never really bothered myself but there was two officers standing outside a nightclub 50 yards away. Should i have went to the officers and got the guy charged? He was being aggressive and used that language three or four times!
-
Boy racer with a black astra. Placed on dash he has a blue flashing light. Any offences here? Secondly same car, with white LEDs behind the grill (battery operated) clipped on with plastic clips. Any offences? I'm interested whether there would be any offences disclosed, or merely WOA given. A colleague said impersonate police for the blue light, however I can't see how a blue light fulfils the points to prove!
-
Hello all, On your way home off duty you come across a hill that is icy, and 2 cars have crashed (very little damage done) blocking one side of the road. No police etc are present, it looks as though its pretty recent, what would you do? This happened to me tonight and this is what I did: I got out of my car and asked to see if everyone was alright, they said yes, I knew the driver of the other vehicle who identified me as an off duty Special, to which I became bombarded with questions about the road conditions and what should be done etc, A by standee had informed me that the police had been called and were on route, and that insurance details had been passed betwee…
-
Firstly, I'm not a PC or a Special, so I apologise if this is a stupid question. However, I have applied to be a special and I'm also very seriously considering going to uni next September, so I feel that it could bear great relevance to my near future. Heres the scenario: You, as a special constable, are off duty and out at a pub/club/bar, drinking and having a good laugh. You see two small groups of people having a heated argument that looks like it might spill into violence very soon. What would you do?
-
This is a situation that happened to me the other day. I want initial reactions as to what you would do in this situation. You come in on the morning shift to deal with a male arrested the previous night for shoplifting, racially aggravated s5 and breach of ASBO. The suspect is heavily intoxicated at the time of arrest, also states they are alcohol dependant. By the morning they are considered to be fit. You obtain details of the ASBO. The ASBO conditions are not to be drunk and disorderly or incapable in any public place also conditions which basically restate S5 and racially aggravated S5. You go into disclosure with the solicitor and give details of the ASBO, …
-
After watching a similar scenario on Frontline Cops UK it got me thinking. A young mother and her child are nearly run over by a fleeing driver. The mother is obviously hysterical but manages to slap the driver before the police get hold of him. Would she be arrested for assualt?
-
Apologies if this one has already been covered, but this has been discussed quite a bit in our Specials training, and we always forget to ask the trainer for the answer! A car drives through a puddle soaking a pedestrian. Now, assuming firstly that it was accidental and secondly that it was deliberate, what offences would have been committed, and on duty, what would your actions be? (Assuming you could stop the car)
-
I am not an officer however I am considering applying to become a Special in the near future. Today I was on a London bus coming home from a busy shopping hub, the bus was pretty full. One stop after I got on, three males around the age of 15 got on the bus legitimately (using their free travel concession, just like any other young person in London would have done). These three boys were evidently under the influence of drugs, reeked of marijuana and were talking about how good the substance they had just smoked had been. They had presumably already consumed the substance so would not have been in possession. The boys were being loud and making the journey unpleasant for…
-
Nowadays, there is so much talk about the rights of children. How about if the situation was reversed? It happens, but parents generally tend to keep it quiet due to embarrasment. Take for instance a domestic situation where a child kicks off and inflicts physical harm by way of punching, kicking, abusive language etc. The parent or parents try to use reasonable force restrain him/her in order to protect themselves from further harm, harm to any other siblings, harming themselves or damage to property...but to no avail. In desperation they may call the Police. Arriving on scene, how would you handle it and what could/could not be done? (Let's assume that the child is ag…
-
Wasn't too sure where to post this, or if it had been done before, so... You're on HVP down the local city centre surrounded by happy saturday-night-outers, much the same as any other Saturday night. A couple of lads come up to you and start chatting, as they do. "What you gonna do if I knock your hat off?", "You can't do anything"... and all the rest of it. One then actually proceeds to actually knock your hat off much to the amusement of his friend and passers by (and dare I say it - your crew mate)...
-
You are off duty walking down a street and see a distressed young lady whom you go over to help. Would you identify yourself as a police officer to her or not?
-
Hi, I Start my new job as volunteer admin assistant on monday. I was wondering what would happen if I was off duty/not working and witnessed a crime and had to phone 999 to report it. Would i identify myself as a member of the police or as an admin assistant with the station and force i work with and also what would be the procedure in this case?? thanks David