Police Vehicles
Discuss police vehicles here, if you like! Please refer to the pinned post regarding the posting of pictures and the discussion of unmarked/covert vehicles.
159 topics in this forum
-
Vauxhall showcased the ground-breaking Ampera in Police livery featuring the very latest policing equipment on the Home Office’s Centre of Applied Science & Technology (CAST) stand at the Police & Security Conference on 31st January 2012, held in Farnborough. The Vauxhall Ampera, which is on the shortlist for both World Car of the Year and European Car of the Year, is equipped with a range of high-tech kit to help Police officers fight crime, including: Four external-mounted cameras for evidence gathering Internal camera for facial recognition linked to the Police National Database The standard Ampera display screen modified to provide all information curre…
-
Are the uk police cars automatic or manuel or both? I only drive auto. Thanks in advance
-
Having used or been passanger in quite a few police vehices now especially after moving to traffic I was wondering peoples favorite police vehicles and least favorite also why. Mine are as follows:- Favorite 1 BMW 530 marked and unmarked great traffic car fast and very stable at speeds. 2 Audi A6 again fast and very stable at speed looks great too :winking: 3 jaguar xf not been far in this one yet to fully experience ride etc but it looks great 4 Ford transit connect (AKA Cub) first police vehicle i have driven on duty Crap handling but the cage in the back is great 5 mercades sprinter (AKA the fun bus) remindes me of being on NPU and again cage in the back also i…
-
I was in Slough this morning and saw a marked police van with just an amber light on the roof. It looked like it had armoured windows as there were two windows on the side and two on the back that were recessed onto the bodywork with lots of screws. Was it a prison transport?
-
[media=] [/media]why can't we get these? (other than the fact these one's are obviously right hand drive) oh wait... To sum it up rear crash tested at 75 mph ballistic doors (not really applicable) two engine options - 280 bhp standard... or 365 bhp eco-boost (US traffic version essentially with sub 6 second 0-60) all wheel drive suspension and power-train developed for police driving (high speed, always on - return car and it's used by next shift, etc.) big brakes Door tether to prevent damage from throwing opening car doors to chase people, etc seats sculpted to accomodate body armour, duty belts and are six-point adjustable seat's fitted with ant-s…
-
Hi, As the title goes, I would like the bikes to be talked about. It's a vehicle too and many counties use them in force. What is your opinion on the police marked/unmarked bikes? This topic is not to reveal clues how to spot them, instead just to get an idea of what range/power/weight etc. is in the collection. As a short rider I am hoping lighter and shorter bikes would be a bit more popular by the time I get my round. The radio kit takes a lit of space in the massive box on most the BMW:s. I was wondering why they still haven't upgraded to more compact ones... There is Fireblade and a Kawasaki 1400 grand tourer(my favourite) in my territory. *drool* So what is y…
-
Not seen a post like this on here, so I thought I'd start one! I've driven a variety of police vehicles so I thought I'd share my thoughts on each. Old Ford Focus Estate (up to 2008 plate) - 1.6 turbo diesel (90bhp) - my favourite patrol car this type, the engine was a bit noisy and the interior trim a bit dated, but very nippy and cornered so so well, very balanced etc. New Ford Focus Estate (up to 2011 plate) - 1.6 turbo diesel (90bhp) - oh dear! What went wrong? The engine is a bit quieter, but also it feels slower and it doesn't corner as well as the old ones. Interior trim is a bit nicer, but certainly not a favourite! New Vauxhall Astra Estate (2012 plate) - …
-
Just a quick heads up guys that the Annual Brooklands Emergency Services day will be 7th May this year. It's the Bank Holiday Monday. The day comprises of lots of vehicles from the emergency services, both past and present. For an idea of what the day is like check out this video from last years event: http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/ See you there Mark
-
Despite being incredibly ugly i was under the impression that the home office had stopped the police from buying new insignias but i saw an 11 reg unmarked thames valley car the other day. Have I misread an article or am I making stuff up?
-
Was In Stratford-Upon-Avon earlier, and there was a black car came flying towards me, covert blues in head and break lights.. didnt look like PC's driving (could have been CID i suppose) Does anyone know whos it is?
-
Hi, Wanted to show you a couple of the Dutch police vehicles. Although the type of car can vary per police district, the districts can choose only a limited amount of vehicles: Small panda cars: - VW Polo (usally support vehicles) or VW Golf Medium size panda cars: - VW Touran - Volvo V50 Police van: - VW Transporter 4WD: - Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, VW Bikes: - BMW F650 and R1200 - Yamaha TDM 900 A, FJR 1300 A and XT 660 R couple of pics: Please note that these pics are NOT mine and DO have copyright, they all come from: www.hulpverleningsforum.nl and belong to there rightful owners.
-
Following on from the police cars thread I thought that I would start a police motorcycle one as well. BMW R850R (Hendon Driver Training School) The Piaggio MP3 250ie (2010 MY) Unmarked BMW F650GS (2011 MY demonstrator) Unmarked BMW R1200RTP (2010 MY demonstrator) MPS BMW R1220RTP (2007 MY) City of London Yamaha FJR City of London Yamaha FJR
-
A couple I weeks back, I was travelling along the M40 coming from Birmingham towards London, on the opposite side was a white van, think it was a Nissan, it had blue lights in the top but no markings! No stripe, nothing, anyone have any idea what it could have been? It would have been west mids area,
-
On two seperate occasions I've been on the m62 Firstly a marked collision investigation van came past with blues on .... Wasn't aware they responded or had blues? Secondly a convoy of 5 Rpu cars comes flying past, but in the middle of them was a small battered green merc van.... blues in the grill... anyone know what this is?
-
Bit of an odd request, but does anyone have any pictures of the older Astra Mk4/G's? Would quite like to see how they've changed inside & out (not shape wise!!) over the years. Mk3/F would be cool too!!! Ta