Police Vehicles
Discuss police vehicles here, if you like! Please refer to the pinned post regarding the posting of pictures and the discussion of unmarked/covert vehicles.
159 topics in this forum
-
I have seen quite a few police camper vans at different stations, I just wondered what they are actually used for? Just a random question I thought of. Thanks Ollie
-
Just seen a dark red metallic Alfa Romeo Guilietta in Fareham, Hants, with blue lights on. Otherwise unmarked, but had a funny kinda octagonal(?) blue light array on it, plus extra arials. Couldnt see if the driver wore any uniform. Anyone know if its Police, Fire, Ambulance, or other??? P.s. It looked great.
-
A few nights ago i was driving the boroughs new unmarked mondeo and ive got to say it's an amazing bit of kit. Without getting into the car and doing some serious routing around, you wouldnt be able to tell it was a response vehicle.3 sets of blues on the front and a set in the rear. Anyway, got me wondering, why dont we use removable blue lights more often? We often use unmarked cars loaned form burglary squad, PPG or CID but they don't have blues so pulling people over etc is a nightmare. You don'nt need sirens to pull people over so there's no downside of getting a set of removable dashboard lights and a set of visor lights that can be transferred from car to car…
-
Do the City of London Police vehicles do the least milage because they do not drive very far?
-
Hi all A few nights ago in Bristol I saw an unmarked van go past me in the opposite direction at speed. It had blue strobes flashing in all the light clusters The unusual thing is I'm certain it was a GMC van (yes the same as the A team minus the famous paint job!) Quite sure Avon and Somerset don't use GMC and wondered if anyone could shed some light on it's use?!
-
hi there here in brazil, são paulo, the police of the state will by some boat to patrol the marine coast, so can you give some pictures anda ideas? tank you guys so i'll wait
-
Hey all, Just wondering if anybody knows who this van belongs to: These photos were taken in June 2010, and the vehicle was seen in Merseyside Police HQ. This was the first time I had seen it, although last tuesday (25/01/11) it was there again, in the exact same place. However there are no markings to say which force it belongs to (I even checked the roof looking for a force identifier code but no luck!). I guessed it was a visiting Cheshire vehicle due to the 'DG' plate and it's a similar livery to theirs. That big thing on the roof is an air conditioning unit, and even though it says 'mobile cctv', there doesn't seem to be any on it! I'd imagine it to be more of …
-
Had a little look and couldn't see a topic about this! LINK
-
hi all. here are the final pictures of my 1/14 scania fully radio controlled cmpg police tractor unit,it has taken approx 3months to complete but look awsome,it has fully working headlights,spot lights,brake lights,hazard and indicator lights and also 9 multi pattern flashing lights. cheers dave
-
hi all. here are some latest photos of my 1/14 scania cmpg police tractor unit,ive ordered the trailer and im going to make a custom made police trailer possibly an incident room i havent decided yet if anyone can help with what sort of livery it would be greatly appreciated. cheers
-
-
hi all. i have just about completed my latest model police vehicle a 1/14 tamiya scania radio controlled truck,its built its away at the moment getting the decals made and fitted and it will be based on cmpg here are some of my latest photos,the truck currently has working wig wag lights and grille repeaters multi pattern,i am sorry in advance if the pictures are to large,hope you like the pics cheers dave
-
Morning, I saw a new shape VX Astra last night fully kitted out at Bromley, guess theyve finally opted for this vehicle? Regards
-
Hey everyone, I was wondering what each force has in terms of 4x4 vehicles able to deal with the present very bad weather in many parts of Britain. I did notice that Strathclyde Police had several Mitsibushi Shogans out dealing with incidents on the mate this week. As the roads in many areas are inaccessible to the common Ford Astra's/Transit Connects and Ford Focuses most police forces have. Any pictures to accompany would be great. I.e. A rather beautiful looking Sussex Police Airport Division Mitsibushi L200 http://www.flickr.com/photos/trojan631/4547169329/ and a central Scotland 4x4 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dakpins/4368188136/ I fancied buying one mys…
-
Just wanted to ask the question, does the LMPG fueld cars run different or produce less power?