Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. Scottish
    Started by Scottish,

    Hey all. New member here who has just received my email stating I have passed the initial application and now waiting on the vetting stage to commence. I was reading this site whilst filling the application in and found some good help on here. Just thought I'd introduce my self.

  2. Civilian
    Started by Civilian,

    About time force numbers were restored to at least 2009 levels. Maybe the politicians will realise now what with Woolwich and Marham there needs to be a stronger MDP presence everywhere. And a return to coverage of MQEs would also be a good thing IMO

  3. jimmyriddle
    Started by jimmyriddle,

    Hi all, I wanted to add this to the most relevant thread but couldn't see one come up on a search... Anyway, I have heard and even met some Cathedral Constables in Liverpool over the years. Here's my question, they are officially called Constables and are attested under the common law, but if they're sworn in as such, how come they don't have any authority as powers of a (what we normally call) Constable? How does that work? Do you have to be sworn in under a public body or a private company where there is legislation in place to make you such e.g. dock police being employees of a port company?

    ParochialYokal
  4. Wing3q
    Started by Wing3q,

    I was thinking about the Parks Police in London and it seems that there has not been many post of late. I thought I would get it back up and running again or not as the case maybe. I made many good friends in the Parks Police. Are there any updates in what is going on in London and beyond. m

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views
  5. Stb1750
    Started by Stb1750,

    For those interested in the Service Police you may be glad to know that you now have a new option for direct entry. The Royal Navy have abandoned ship on their traditional process of becoming a regulator (now just simply known as RN Police) via transferring from ones respective trade to the RN Police. The Royal Navy Police can now be found among the list of other trades within the 'Role Finder' section of the Royal Navy website. To join the Royal Navy Police directly you must be aged between 21 and 37. You must also hold a full UK Drivers licence. You must also be free from any criminal convictions. Lastly qualifications are advertised to be: A minimum of two GCSE's tha…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Farm Boy

    Sorry I have not put this on here sooner, I only spotted this yesterday and I've been mega busy. To my knowledge this is the first time I've seen Dorset Police looking to have transferees from non-office forces but I maybe wrong?? https://www.dorset.police.uk/recruitment/transferees/current-vacancies/

  7. Bread
    Started by Bread,

    Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me a little about the accommodation that is at Wethersfield? I believe the training is Monday to Friday's but do they kicked you out at weekends or can you stay there for the entire time? Are all your meals supplied?

  8. CHKDG
    Started by CHKDG,

    Evening all, Is anyone able to tell me a little about Porton Down? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 987 views
  9. keithvfr74
    Started by keithvfr74,

    Having spoken with recruitment and seen the new application details on the website it would appear they are needing officers to go to these 3 sites.Why does no one want to be based there other than the location? Any officers based at any of these locations able to offer an insight into what life is really like at them? Can you still speacilise at these sights as ideally I'm looking at progressing to a dog handler if possible? So do these sites have dog handlers on site? I have put my name forward for any of them as they really interest me and being a very outdoors person the locations really appeals to me.Not to mention the house prices look really good compared to all…

  10. Spencer676
    Started by Spencer676,

    I'm struggling a bit with deciding what to use for the competency question when It comes to the competency questions, my job at the moment is as a Door Supervisor so I have a lot of scenarios to use but I'm not 100% on what would be a good one as I don't want the questions to all be answered with answers that are almost the same and relate to violence or something along them lines

    • 8 replies
    • 709 views
  11. Brad2201
    Started by Brad2201,

    Hello all who else is going to London that is starting on the July Intake.

  12. Slade
    Started by Slade,

    I am a spectacle wearer. I was thinking of getting prescription tacticle glasses ready for firearms training, I was wondering if anyone else does this or if anyone had further advice. Whilst in the Navy I was a proficient shot but as our target was at 100m goggles weren't worn.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Spencer676
    Started by Spencer676,

    i know this can sound a bit intrusive so please don't take offence or feel like im digging for information just over 4 and a half years ago i was arrested and charged with some driving offences, i was just wondering if anyone has a criminal record who has just passed "selection", ive emailed the MDP recruitement and got a reply by them saying they highly doubt ill ever be able to get a job with them, but when i spoke to my friend whose high up in the law sector he stated as i was a youth and its a spent conviction and over 4 years ago they cant hold it against me. whats your opinion on this guys and girls? thanks James

  14. Brad2201
    Started by Brad2201,

    Hello all when do the contracts normally get sent out to people

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. shibby_jay
    Started by shibby_jay,

    what's the likelihood of this happening once I'm out of tenure? (2yrs time) it seems all the decent vacancies seem to be going to new recruits at OCC :/ regards J

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.