Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. KyleAW
    Started by KyleAW,

    Any folk on here aware if they are going to be starting on the January intake?

  2. potential recruit
    Started by potential recruit,

    Hey all, anyone hoping to attend the assessment centre in November? Without giving away any obviously sensitive/restricted information, has anyone here got any advice? How have you chosen to prepare, anyone buy one of the practice packs that thought it was useful? Cheers

  3. 5535
    Started by 5535,

    Hi, hopefully someone can clear this up for me: I'm currently applying for the CNC, with the RMP as my 'back-up' option should I fail to get into the CNC. If this happens, would the 6-month gap between applications apply with the RMP? I'm assuming it won't as it's the military, not a home office force, but I'd like to be sure. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. potential recruit
    Started by potential recruit,

    Can someone tell me is it possible to be based at Wethersfield after you complete training? I'm asking as I am still trying to come up with where I'm going to put down as my preferred sites if I pass the next stage of the application process.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  5. KyleAW
    Started by KyleAW,

    Hi, I'm looking for some info regarding the Alpha pension scheme. Can any serving officers enlighten me as to what you can expect as a retirement lump sum and yearly pension? Ta.

  6. CraigB
    Started by CraigB,

    Hi I've just recently passed my SEARCH assessment and I have my final interview soon. I've not really thought about where I could be based if successful. I've told them I'm willing to work anywhere. I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice on the cheapest bases to work at in terms of accommodation, so I can keep my options open if successful or if they give me a base choice. Thanks.

  7. KyleAW
    Started by KyleAW,

    Hi, is there anyone out there who are awaiting a medical then a starting date, if so where are you looking to be posted?

  8. keithvfr74
    Started by keithvfr74,

    Well the postman has finally delivered the news I have been waiting for so who else got post today for the November course and where you getting posted?

  9. Karl09
    Started by Karl09,

    Hi Can any serving AWE officers tell me the current shift pattern for new recruits. Also is the overtime available for newbies? Cheers Karl

  10. Karl09
    Started by Karl09,

    Hi, I've recently been told I'm down to start training on 12th September. Although a final decision will be made of the course will go ahead mid July. They've also asked for my preferred location, stating there are 11 positions at Awe, 3 Menwith Hill, and 2 Porton Down. These positions are assigned depending on who applied first. Has anyone else had this email and if so which is your preferred location? I'm hoping for Menwith but with only 3 slots I'm a bit worried!

  11. CraigB

    Hello everyone my name is Craig and I have a SEARCH assessment with the MOD Police on the 6th - 7th September. I'm been reading every post regarding the MOD police on this forum. A lot of members have provided some great information about this subject and I would like to thank everyone for sharing. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice in regards to the SEARCH assessment. I covered most of the areas myself but I may have missed somethings. Any advice would be welcomed and much appreciated. If I can increase my chances of success in the slightest it will be worth it.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. MDPRecruit
    Started by MDPRecruit,

    Hi all, I'll be taking my fitness test at Wethersfield in Spetember (as I transferred my SEARCH results) and although they state you have to reach 7.6 on the bleep test, there is a government document floating around saying that as of September 2015, it was reduced to 5.6 for the MDP. Has anyone got any insight on this?! I'm currently "practicing" the bleep test and was just curious. Thanks guys!

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Josh72221
    Started by Josh72221 * ,

    HI, I am looking for some advice. I'm an ex police officer having served with Essex Police and left 5 years ago. I'm looking at rejoining the police in Gibraltar. Has anybody recently left the UK to join the Royal Gibraltar Police? If so I would appreciate and advice on the recruitment process. Thanks in advance.

    • 0 replies
    • 455 views
  14. MDPREC
    Started by MDPREC,

    www.mod.police.uk www.facebook.com/ministryofdefencepolice

    • 0 replies
    • 662 views
  15. Ether
    Started by Ether +,

    Any serving MDP at the following stations on the site? St Fergus, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire Garlogie, Westhill, Aberdeenshire Looking for a bit of info (non sensitive)

    • 0 replies
    • 539 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.