Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. Scottish
    Started by Scottish,

    Not a 100% sure,but I heard there may be a July intake. Has anyone here been offered a spot on it? Where are you hoping to be based?

  2. Liam1990
    Started by Liam1990 * ,

    Hi I have recently seen the adverts for the MOD police and just wondered how hard it was been a serving member of the army to leave and come across ? Could I give my notice and start pretty much straight away or would I have to wait the full year of resettlement. Another question is would I carry over any qualifications I already have for example small arms instructor or DV clearance ? Many thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  3. shibby_jay
    Started by shibby_jay,

    Morning all I'm not in work this week so wondered if anyone can DM me on here the contact details for HR/DBS? As a new prospective employer would like an employer reference for me. Hope someone can help Many thanks J

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 564 views
  4. Rugbylad
    Started by Rugbylad,

    Hi guys just wondering if anyone has the dates of the 25th and 26th of this month for the assessment centre who are heading down from Scotland? Cheers Rugbylad

    • 0 replies
    • 419 views
  5. AA101

    That's not quite true. My understanding of their powers is that they are geographically limited. So if a person was stopped in a designated park and found to be wanted the parks constable could arrest him for the requesting force. Furthermore a warrant of arrest issued by a court is also enforceable by anyone so far as I know. These wouldn't be particularly unusual circumstances given the number of vagrants who are known to police and wanted. Sent from my HTC One using the Police Community App

  6. Scottish
    Started by Scottish,

    Just received my date for the assessment centre for mid February next year. Anyone on this also got dates for around then? I'll be flying down from Glasgow more than likely, would be good to know if there are any more from up this way heading down?

    Stricky1979 *
  7. Ebbs
    Started by Ebbs * ,

    Is the 4 on 4 off shift pattern generally a <removed> etc?

  8. potential recruit
    Started by potential recruit,

    Hello, I know this has probably been covered at some point previously but I don't even know which thread topic it may be in so going to ask here. I understand that during initial training the MDP will pay for travel costs including flights if necessary to go home at weekends. Once in the job do the MDP pay for or reimburse you anything if travelling home during rest days? Thanks

  9. Unknown user
    Started by Unknown user +,

    Hello all. Looking at applying as a NEOF. Coming from a home office force. Always had an interest in the MDP, although a different type of policing, its still a very important one. I know the MDP aren't taking PC NEOF at the moment, but I'm keeping my eyes open for any updates. One of the stations I'd like to serve at is Portsmouth. Is there many opportunities for transfers to go directly into this station? Also, what kind of opportunities do they have at this station? ASV? Thanks in advance for all responses. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. tazman86
    Started by tazman86 * ,

    I know that most sites only need SC, but out of interest, what sites require DV? I know that aldermaston and burghfield will...

    • 6 replies
    • 975 views
  11. Sparky1992
    Started by Sparky1992,

    Good afternoon all, I just had a query that I was wondering if anyone would have any knowledge on. I was just wondering what would happen to a recruit if they commenced initial training and then later found out for whatever reason that they were unsuccessful at developed vetting? Would the recruit remain in employment? Just to settle my curiosity :) Many thanks!

  12. shibby_jay
    Started by shibby_jay,

    so I got my "safe and lawful" status nearly a year ago, and, like my colleagues, have been left to my own devices on shift for the last 12 months, and today out of the blue received an email saying all Student Officers/Probationers/whatever it is we're being called this week/ have been transferred to this new (pretty useless) Diploma in MOD Policing. What's the crack? Do we need to complete this in order to become "Substantive" in rank, despite not being part of my terms of employment? What about those officers already confirmed in rank who have yet to complete this diploma? Is this diploma optional? If it's mandatory, will all officers be expected to complete it? and if …

  13. Robo_cop
    Started by Robo_cop * ,

    Hello everyone. I have an Assessment centre coming up in April for Ministry of defence police. I have been sent my welcome pack so have a rough idea of what to expect, however I thought i would put a message out to anybody who has completed the AC recently for MDP and is willing to give any advice on how to prepare? Thanks in advance people. [emoji4] Sent from my SM-A310F using the Police Community App

    • 0 replies
    • 688 views
  14. Sparky1992
    Started by Sparky1992,

    Good afternoon all! I was wondering if anyone could possibly enlighten me as to whether AWE Burghfield also receives an additional pay allowance that it states AWE Aldermaston does on the website? Just wondering as I'm trying to calculate my finances with regards to relocating. Many thanks!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 978 views
  15. Potentialrec
    Started by Potentialrec * ,

    Hello all, as a potential new recruit I was wondering how feasible it is to move up the salary scale annually? I'm taking a big pay cut and have heard that increments are currently frozen so any advice would be more than welcome. Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.