Miscellaneous Forces
391 topics in this forum
-
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
-
Hi, Can anyone enlighten me to what the regulations are with facial hair/beards? Are you required to be clean shaven? Does anyone care as long as it's not scruffy? I went clean shaven at the assessment and will probably do the same for training but I've seen people pass out and on patrol with beards. Cheers.
-
Hi all, just wondering if it's common to be asked for further information after SC is submitted. I'm probably worring over nothing but would like to hear if anyone else has had this.
-
Hi all. I've got my medical appointment very soon with OH assist and was just wondering what to expect. I believe there is a hearing test, drug/alcohol also. But any thing else? Will I be required to strip for the old cough and drop? Better get some new boxers if so :/
-
So I've heard I may be starting training on 11th July. Posting after training at Whitehall. Anyone have experience at this site? Just wondering about what it's like. Also do we have access to MET accomodation?
-
What are the rules regarding consumption of alcohol prior to commencing duty (armed) so basically, if youre at work monday day can you have a couple of pints sunday lunch?
-
-
- 4 replies
- 976 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just getting ready to head to the airport for my flight to stansted. Good luck to anyone else starting tomorrow. See you there
-
-
- 6 replies
- 694 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Does anyone know if the mod offer train travel into London if stationed there.Similar to what the MET police use to offer with ATOC.
-
- 3 replies
- 843 views
- 1 follower
-
-
There is a documentary on at 2030hrs ref the Paris attacks and the demands from unarmed officers. might be worth a watch. Stay safe Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-
-
- 8 replies
- 938 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, just wondering what Bacton is like as a place of work for the MDP. Anyone have any experience there? Thanks
-
-
- 25 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone tell me what life is like at Menwith Hill for MOD police? Chees
-
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can shed light on the new TACOS. Are new entrants still on extra hours with less pay? Also are we all set to retire at 70!! I am out of the loop and changes may be pending or voted on. Just looking to find any information you all may have. Thanks.
-
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, as you may have seen from another post I'm looking at joining the MDP if it can be done without too much disruption to my family. As a result I'm trying to find out as much as I can before I commit to what I hope will be a rewarding career! At what point do you get to express a preference for where you'd like to go and at what point do you get told where you will be posted? Can you say I'd like to be posted to X station and then be recruited into training knowing you'll go to that station, or do you get told where you'll be posted during/after you finish initial training? Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
-
- 17 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Anyone out there recently had their SC passed? Its been 4 weeks but feels like 24. Can anyone advise what a "normal" time frame would be? I realise it takes as long as it takes but the waiting is starting to drive me a tiny bit mental.
-
- 17 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Im starting next month and have a few questions: Apart from boots, cleaning kit and towel/toiletries... is there anything else that I should take? What kit do you get given? from stationary to clothing. On my assessment the food seemed good but not the healthiest (but obviously only saw one what was on offer that night) and I'm trying to get in better shape, are there healthy options? Does the onsite shop sell much food? Will there be enough time to get down the gym? (back to the out of shape issue) don't know how much free time I'll actually get/how much time I'll need to be spending revising. I heard that sometimes some people get the opportunity to go straight into A…