Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miscellaneous Forces

 
 
  1. Magneto
    Started by Magneto,

    Just a general post about my positive time in the MDP as there seems a bit of doom and gloom out there in computer world. I have been serving with the MDP for around 7 months now and my time here has been great. Coming to the MDP after serving 7 years as a special with the home office and being in an unskilled minimum wage job I can genuinely say the grass is greener this side of the fence. Training school was a great experience and I enjoyed my time there, yes it's not like HO training but neither is the job we are trained for. The pay is great for me as I came to the force with no real qualifications. Everyone at station has been helpful and welcomed me. I re…

  2. Privateryan76
    Started by Privateryan76,

    What is the current shift pattern at AWE Aldermaston? Ive heard its 4 on 4 off but is subject to change....what's it's likely to change to and what do the shifts on consist of? Is it 4 lates, 4 off followed by 4 days, 4 off or is it split 50/50..... 2 lates, 2 days, 4 off? much overtime available? thanks n advance

  3. Robocop2000
    Started by Robocop2000,

    I've read through a lot of useful gen on these threads: MOD Police Recruitmenthttp://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/51881-mod-police-recruitment/page-23 MOD Police transfer could be a risky movehttp://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/52887-mod-police-transfer-could-be-a-risky-move/ and so the exam questions for me now are: a) Does anyone have any tips for the course (including info on the content, length/difficulty of the firearms phase, failure rate etc)? b) What's life like for new recruits in their first 3 yrs at AWE? (including cost per room for house shares with colleagues, stability of roster when others take leave/courses, facilities on th…

  4. maximus1992
    Started by maximus1992 +,

    Hi all, been browsing the forum as a guest for a good year now and finally signed up. I have been accepted for AWE Burghfield and begin my training end of Jan. I do have a couple queries that I hope you can help me with as I have learnt a wealth of information on this forum already. I will be moving in with my girlfriend when I start at Burghfield due to her having a rewarding job with good chance of promotions in Hatfield. We are looking at renting in Aylesbury as the rent is cheap, it is midway for both of us and we get a lot for our money. However it is 40 miles from Burghfield and a solid hour commute. Just wondering if anyone does such a long comm…

  5. ParochialYokal
    Started by ParochialYokal,

    Does anyone know of the Birmingham Market Police? I was standing in Moor Street station and someone run in with body armour with 'market police' wrote on it. I would have asked him who he was and if he wanted a hand if he wasn't on the opposite platform. If this a security guard inflating their position or is there a market constabulary in Birmingham? I asked the police officers on my team and they haven't heard of them.

  6. Simon Atkinson
    Started by Simon Atkinson,

    Hi im looking for some information on pd ports teesside, i have looked on their website and found basic stuff. I would like a more detailed version on what does the daily job entail, what is wage and pension is it police standand. E.g starting around 23 grand then after a years of experiance goes to about 35 grand. And the training they do. The more info the better Thanks Si

  7. rhysj91
    Started by rhysj91,

    Im currently being MD out the army and have applied to the MOD police i was wondering if you can transfer your SC as it would make the process quicker as im vetted allready.

  8. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15009201.Armed_MoD_police_begin_patrolling___39_civilian_Scotland__39_/ Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

  9. KyleAW
    Started by KyleAW,

    Has anyone on here been confirmed as being on the January intake?

    Jamess1546621375
  10. CraigB
    Started by CraigB,

    Just found out I'll be based at Easington after the January course if it goes ahead. Just wondering if anyone else has been giving the same location? Also if anyone wants to house share if needed?

  11. Madden96
    Started by Madden96 +,

    Hi, I am joining the RMP Reserves in the near future and was wondering if anyone could tell me what my Police specific roles would be? Thanks.

  12. MDPRecruit
    Started by MDPRecruit,

    Hi All, I haven't been a member on here long and whenever I get the chance I come on to catch up with whatever new topics are being banded around. Often I'll end up on older threads with regards to the MDP. I have my fitness test next week and for the most part I am looking forward to the opportunity but I'm just wondering why there is a fair amount (ok a lot lol) of negativity surrounding joining the MDP? Seems like it's almost not a good career choice. Not many happy campers! Anybody got any input on this? I'm not saying it's going to put me off but I always appreciate an honest opinion.

  13. Jstarks1
    Started by Jstarks1 * ,

    Hi Folks, I recently applied to join the MDP. I know a fair bit about regular home office forces and there roles etc. However, I've found it difficult finding out about day to day life of MDP officers and how its different to other forces. I was wondering is there anybody on this forum that is a serving MDP officer or knows the role in better depth? I was just very interested to understand what they actually DO and how they are DIFFERENT and also, day to day DUTIES. Thank you.

  14. JJ15
    Started by JJ15,

    Apparently the chief cop has made it clear we are going to be 6 on 4 off in the near future. I hope the federation will fight this. I think alot of officers may look elsewhere, me included. Especially the guys who travel miles from their home to their station. Gutted.

  15. Sparky1992
    Started by Sparky1992,

    Hi there, Does anyone have any advice for the Final Interview? I haven't heard of it before and wondered what to expect? Many thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.