Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Surrey Police

 
 
  1. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone on here is starting on the intake Tomorrow (Mon 3rd sept) at Mount Browne ? I am waiting for my start date and im hoping to be on the next one which is in Nov (no dates yet). I have already found out that there is no residential accommadation available so I will have to find a B + B for 10 weeks as I live too far from Guildford to travel daily! Also do you finish early on a friday or anything like that? Did you have to buy any kit prior to starting such as kit bags, boots etc ? Basically any info about starting on the Intake will help, but obviously I want facts not opinions. :) Also anyone know a b + b in guildford which does …

  2. Drich
    Started by Drich,

    A mate of mine failed at one of the last hurdles, and didn't pass the interview with Surrey Police. Upon calling HR to get some feedback so he knew where to improve on, he was told that now he had failed an application with them, he was ineligible to apply again, EVER. Is this correct? Seems a bit harsh?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Markdn1546080917 +
  3. MOB
    Started by MOB,

    Has anybody heard that Surrey may soon be scrapping the PLC course and changing the way that they recruit? I am hoping to start the course in November, but don't want to spend all that money just to find that it is no longer needed.

  4. Jamie1985
    Started by Jamie1985,

    As above, has anyone applied for that? It was advertised about 2/3 months ago?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Warrior4
    Started by Warrior4,

    Was wondering if any of the current Surrey regs's on here have any good tips/advice for the panel interview? Also, when i was at the the assessment centre, a couple of the candidates who were already surrey pcso's said there is going to be a november intake this year, and a jan one. I only thought they were doing a jan intake, any ideas?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Markdn1546080917 +
  6. dacsurban
    Started by dacsurban,

    Hi Does anyone know if new Police Officer recruits still have a passing out parade, and if yes is it at the end of initial 10 week training or after the 2 year probation? I have seen a few details that the Met have one, but I can't find anything for Surrey. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  7. General Purpose
    Started by General Purpose,

    Guys, I have quite a burning and urgent question: I have E-mailed Surrey Pol and asked to transfer over, as a Non IPS SC I thought that would be a problem - however, apparently, it is just a case of taking a knowledge check and vetting. Can someone confirm?

    • 1 reply
    • 868 views
    Markdn1546080917 +
  8. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    ... ... That is considered "long serving" (and by that I mean someone that hasn't just attested) sling me a quick PM? Preferably one from near the boundary with TVP but anywhere shall suffice I suspect.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Warrior4
    Started by Warrior4,

    Anyone else in the current Surrey reg recruitment for this financial year? Anyone else post PLC stage?

    • 45 replies
    • 4.7k views
  10. Watto184
    Started by Watto184,

    Afternoon all, Probably one of those threads where many of you sigh! But I am looking for some advice from Surrey SC's if possible. Now that I have a little more time free having completed my p/t degree (hurrah!) and working in a school term time I am looking to join the SC. This is something I have wanted to do for a while and so am now looking into it with more thought. I understand that Surrey is not recruiting at the moment but have a few questions regarding choice of force and work etc. I live on the border of the Met and Surrey and so am considering both forces before deciding which to apply for. With regards to the Met, I am particularly interested in working at…

    • 1 reply
    • 817 views
  11. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear neighbours (in the sense that I'm from the MPS, and you're next door)! You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported Special Constabulary Wiki. I am wondering should any of you have a spare moment whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Surrey_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in your force! Matt. Quote MultiQuote Edit

    • 2 replies
    • 834 views
  12. PM85
    Started by PM85,

    Very simple, what day do police officers in Surrey get paid?

  13. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, I am considering transferring to Surrey Police in the not to distant future and was just wandering what the shifts are and how the teams are made up. I appreciate it might sound like a basic question but for instance in BTP we have Response and NPT and then the other specialist teams. I was also wandering do you in Surrey have Prisoner handling teams who do most of the paper work side of things?, i.e. do response carry crimes? or do they just do the basic statement and pass it over. If you cannot post into the forum feel free to pm me. Any help would be much appreciated.

  14. hvc89
    Started by hvc89,

    Just wondering if anyone else is in the pool for the next intake and waiting on the email?

  15. SCstaffs
    Started by SCstaffs,

    Any one any experience either as or working with Police Support Officers? Had cause to be reviewing the website and saw it, just interested in what it is/does/any good as a job? Any input be welcome, cheers. J

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Sierra Papa 88

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.