Surrey Police
235 topics in this forum
-
Hi All, I have just been given notification that I have passed my Police Support Officer (PSO) Interview. The next step is the vetting and fitness (which takes place on 28th June 2011) On average, how long will vetting take for this role, as it is a staff role am I correct in thinking that it is not as in depth as a Police Officer? Thanks all! Liam
-
-
Does anybody know what are the best boots to get for the beat, everyone keeps telling me magnums but there are loads of different types!
-
Crikey - it seems like I'm forever starting threads about intake dates...but never actually enrolled myself. Fingers crossed this will be the VERY last one I post. Hey ho - let's go. There is to be a 'late summer / early autumn' intake, which is likely to start (according to sources other than those at HR - so don't quote me or hold me to account) on the first Monday in September. Likely as in - SurPol really want it to happen, but should there be a sudden turning off of the cash taps, a trainer go sick or the sky fall in...it won't happen or maybe scaled back, like the March '10 intake. The ever-patient HR have told me that the prospective candidates will be informed …
-
Afternoon People Does anyone know if Surrey has gone over to the 2 2 2 Shift Pattern? i.e. 2 Earlies, 2 Lates, 2 Nights and 4 rest days. It's just that speaking to someone it seems that different areas of Surrey do different shifts. I know the older shift pattern has been referenced on one of the earlier threads. But this could influence which Division of Surrey I go for. Any help would be appreciated thanks
-
- 13 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, Just a quick one. Do you surrey police officers have the powers to issue Parking tickets or is this something that the local authority only deal with now in your force? In the MET PC's no longer deal with parking, and on having a discussion with a Surrey PC friend, he reckons that PC's in Surrey still have the ability to issue FPN's for Double yellows etc Cheers
-
My friend told me this morning that Surrey are currently recruiting for PSO's to be entered into a recruitment pool. http://surrey.police.uk/careers/careers_vacancy.asp?jobid=3170
-
Well...it's finally arrived and it feels like its been a long slog, Saturday is my last day of conflict training and thus the last hurdle to becoming operational. We are looking forward to Asping each other black and blue! Last Sunday had a quick tour of Caterham station where I'll be based, and met my inspector, top chap Now the hard work begins!
-
-
So what goes on in conflict training, got it coming up next week Cheers
-
The first person to post anything useful, any rumour or any made-up nonsense on the June intake wins a prize*. *To be decided by me and awarded by me. The editor's decision is futile. On your marks, get set....GO!!!
-
We where issued with our uniform on wednesday, hundreds of jackest belt body armour etc etc....It was interesting to note that all items including epaulets just say Surrey Police, no mention of Special Constabulary or anything..not even on the cap badges.... cost cutting I'm guessing
-
Anyone know what's become of Chuckster, hasn't been online since early December?
-
Hi guys, I will be starting at Reigate next week and have been told that parking is horrendous. Where do you guys recommend parking for daily use? Thanks, Yatas
-
Hi All, I've been fortunate to get through the both assessments, and am waiting for a start date for the training. Admin office have stated that I may not hear anything till end of March. Anyone is the same situation ? Cheers, Si