Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Surrey Police

 
 
  1. zoo55
    Started by zoo55,

    Hello I see from the some of the neighbourhood news letters that surrey will have an additional 200 officers on the streets by 2012. Does this mean that there will be a recruitment campaign anytime soon? Will they be looking for people who have done the PLC course? Thanks z

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 4.3k views
  2. Norf94
    Started by Norf94,

    Hello all, I have just applied to the Surrey Police as a special. I just wanted to make myself known to the forum and also had two a quick questions. I apologise in advance for what is probably questions repeated all over this site ! But hey, this place is here for conversation.. I am only 18 years of age (although very keen), how much will this effect or influence my chances of being accepted? Secondly, I had to declare three points on my licence which were obtained for speeding, is this a huge dent in my chances as well? Anyway, hope I might get the opportunity to get to know some of you in the future! Thanks, Jon

      • Like
    • 163 replies
    • 16.7k views
  3. Silver-Jubilee
    Started by Silver-Jubilee,

    A question for those of you who have completed the course and taken the exam. Did you have your workbooks returned to you??? I am unable to get a straight answer from the college where I am currently studying other than "I believe so." Rumours currently circulating are that once our workbooks have been assessed they are destroyed due to copyright and to prevent them being sold on. I know they are only rumours but with the hardwork and money invested my fellow course mates and I would like to have them returned. I have tried to get through to the University of Portsmouth to ask this same question but without any luck so far as the person I need to speak to is not the…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
    milkandcookies +
  4. Donks37
    Started by Donks37,

    Hi all Now that a few lucky ones on this forum have started with Surrey Police, I thought I would start a new thread for everyone else that is in the recruitment process at any stage (or thinking about applying!). That way it is a good way to stay 'in the loop' with any updates and to support and help each other through the long process! Donks

    • 3 replies
    • 932 views
    milkandcookies +
  5. Sailor
    Started by Sailor +,

    Surprised no one else has mentioned it on here yet.. Congratulations to Mark on his recent engagement!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  6. armyboy
    Started by armyboy,

    Hi im new to this. I was just wondering if any body had applied for the PSO job advertised on the Surrey Police website and if so have any of you heard back from them?

    • 37 replies
    • 5.2k views
    milkandcookies +
  7. Matt - Student Officer
    Started by Matt - Student Officer * ,

    Hi Everyone, Just want to say first of all, that this forum has been a great help answering some questions which I've had. I just wondered if anyone had a rough idea when Surrey will stop recruiting? I've heard on the grapevine that they aim to stop by Jan 2012 once they have recruited 200 officers? My first application didn't pass the papersift unfortunately..... it was a big blow, but I'm going to have another crack at it in Nov as thats when I can re-apply. Was just hoping that it's not going to be too late by then!? Thanks guys, Matt

    • 3 replies
    • 936 views
    milkandcookies +
  8. Wicoa
    Started by Wicoa * ,

    Hey folks, Im looking at starting a PLC course however if I start one now it won't be finished till early next year. What I am worried about is paying for the course and then ending up with no offer of even an assessment due to ranks being filled. Secondly I was wondering more about the PLC course itself. Are the taught sessions mainly practical scenarios/roleplay, I sort of dread being back in a stuffy classroom again for hours on end! Can anyone put me at ease. I am a responsible human being in my early 30s and have 1 traffic fine from a camera due to an error in judement on my part and this is the only thing on my entire record, with so many people seemingly apply…

    • 3 replies
    • 951 views
    gavincarter1976
  9. liamwilson
    Started by liamwilson,

    Hi All Who out of the Surrey members would be interested in having a gathering meal in the next couple of weeks? any thoughts?

    • 10 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. liamwilson
    Started by liamwilson,

    I have my uniform fitting for Police Support Officer on Monday. What happens during the day?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. rmarsh3696
    Started by rmarsh3696,

    Hi Everyone, I'm currently a traffic trained special in Warwickshire and are due to start a full time job with Surrey in August. I will be renting in Surrey and coming back home on rest days and annual leave. I've currently made the decision to stay as a Warwickshire Special although I clearly won't be able to commit the number of hours I am currently doing. However I would be interested to hear your opinions on what it's like for specials in Surrey, what sort of things do you get up to, if there are any restrictions on what specials can do, what's the relationship between specials and regulkars like? etc etc. If you want to PM me then feel free as your info will be …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. thelankyone1546081111
    Started by thelankyone1546081111,

    Hi, I am currently a serving special constable with Hampshire Police and am completing the PLC course as part of my university degree at Portsmouth. I will be graduating in 2012 and as it stands don't think Hampshire will be recruiting. I have a few question about Surrey as it is my next choice. I know that officers have to live in Surrey or the surrounding 20 miles, but was wondering is this once accepted. I don't want to move and then not get in. Also is the PLC course the same for each place, because I have been reading a few threads and people have been saying how hard it is. I have done the first part and didn't find the exam or workbooks hard, but this could be b…

    • 8 replies
    • 4.4k views
    MattM1546081117
  13. Four Plus One
    Started by Four Plus One,

    Hi guys, I've just started the PLC with the MET. We are the pilot class with the MET so have no source of reference. Just got a couple of queries for those who have done the PLC with Surrey. How hard actually was the course, did most of your class meet the 60% passmark? Is it possible to get very high marks 80% plus or is the course designed so you will only ever get around 60% no matter how well you do? The trainers are saying it will take aprox 10 hours a week of private study. Is this about right? With the exam, obviously I'm not expecting you to go in specifics, but if you do the work books and recap what you've learnt in class is that enough to pass the exam? Ma…

  14. Indiana Jones
    Started by Indiana Jones +,

    As it says above, does Surrey use Street Bail at all? I looked on SPIKE and couldn't find any reference to it.... Ta

    • 13 replies
    • 5.4k views
    Indiana Jones +
  15. Rooster1
    Started by Rooster1,

    Anyone else seen this on the Surrey site? http://www.surrey.police.uk/news_item.asp?area=12&itemID=14056&division= Looks like a good day actually, Anyone else going? It's not just for kids is it

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Otto1546081142

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.