Surrey Police
235 topics in this forum
-
Can anyone who is currently serving with Surrey find out an email address for the frontline training dept and send it to me via PM or to david.catchpole@hampshire.pnn.police.uk I am trying to get spaces for an AutoCrime course as our force Roads Policing Unit no longer offers it
-
- 2 replies
- 695 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone had one of these? I've passed the assessment centre and now have this. Any tips will be great :)
-
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am pleased to say on my second attempt at the written assessment I passed. A bit of preparation and advice from a Reg friend paid off. Really chuffed as writing has never been my forte! Thats the good news... Bad news is that I cant make part 2 of the assessment as I am on a family holiday in the states, not a major issue in itself, accept that it is the last recruitment day for the foreseeable future, so I'll be unable to complete the assessment process anytime soon. Gutted
-
-
Special Constabulary Ranks: Regular Ranks: A few points of note: Specials in Surrey do not display the SC&Crowns on their uniforms. Special Sergeants and above do not display collar numbers (for Regulars it's Inspectors and above who do not display collar numbers). The Surrey Police crest is displayed for Specials ranks up to and including Inspector, and up to and including Sergeant for Regulars. The collar number displayed is not indicative of Specials or Regulars - it's purely random. New Specials are issued the standard 'Surrey Police' hat badges, but a small number of longer serving Specials still wear a badge in the above style (obviously the badge i…
-
Hey guys - got a start date for Regs in Feb, which will arrive a lot quicker than I know! I know various main stations around the county have access to a Gym - does Mount Browne have such a facility? I know of the gym hall I took my fitness test in, but is that all they have. (apart from the hike up the hill from the car) Has anyone got any advice for training?
-
Hi All I would be very interested in your views on the Special Constabulary Review currently being undertaken by an Inspector. Sounds like they are taking in the widest range of input from all Specials and others in the force on how we can be managed and integrated with the main force. I think this has nearly been concluded and will shortly be submitted to the Chief Officer Group (COG) for formal approval. There have been a number of rumours being bandied about regarding possible changes, but without repeating any here, wanted to hear your thoughts on what you think you would like to be changes (if anything) about the way we work, and if you think greater integration wi…
-
Does anyone have any info on the next intake for PCs this year? I've heard rumours of a total suspension of training over the summer but as far as recruitment are concerned, they have no information on the next intake - no information at all.
-
- 3 replies
- 839 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I am moving from Essex to the border with Surrey very soon and am considering submitting an application to them as a transferee. Has anyone on here transferred from another force to Surrey or have any information on how Surrey deals with transferees with training etc... and likely postings if successful. Also I can see from other threads that shift patterns seem to be changing, or rumoured to be, so could someone advise me on the current pattern and if know the most likely new one. Thank you in advance :)
-
- 20 replies
- 3.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.surrey.police.uk/media/news_item.asp?area=12&itemID=14888
-
Assuming you've read through this site, you probably already have a good idea of what being a Special Constable entails. This thread should give you a general idea of the process, and approximate timescales, to becoming a fully warranted Special Constable with Surrey Police. For obvious reasons we cannot give the full details of the written exam, or the Assessment Centre exercises, as that would be cheating! No details will be given here that are not in the public domain already, or that will be given to you when you apply. First thing's first, please look at our list of Ineligible Occupations - this details jobs which will prohibit you from becoming a Special Constab…
-
Hello Surrey, hope all is well. First time posting in here as Im a special with the Met but I live in Surrey. I was just wondering if someone could answer me a quick question. Im thinking about applying for a police staff job at the Surrey HQ in Guilford, I know Im looking ahead but wanted to find out before I sent the application off. Do they provide a staff bus in the mornings from the station? I had a look online and the HQ is about a half an hour walk from the station. I spoke ages ago with a Surrey DDO who said he was pretty sure they did but just thought Id check with people who may know the current situation. Thanks, all the best.
-
I'm in a good mood tonight and i like to anyway I can so here goes... Theft A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it. Robbery A person is guilty of robbery if he/she steals and immediately before or At the time of doing so, and in order to do so, he uses force on any person, or Puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force. Criminal Damage A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another, intending to destroy or damage any such property, or being reckless as to whether any such prop…
-
You lot had a post office robbery and our inspector got very excitied and sent about 5 cars from our borough into deepest darkest Surrey to contain a golf course. My thoughts are your roads are very dark and scary and you don't have nearly as many foxes as London. Also none of the Met units could get onto your fancey dedicated radio channel once you all moved and started talking in Surrey-Eese.
-
Hello Just a quick post to see if anyone here will be going on the PLC course starting on Saturday 21st January at Brooklands College. Many thanks Hoodles