Surrey Police
235 topics in this forum
-
Well with the shocking news that Sailor has jumped ship (pardon the pun!), I thought it only appropriate that we set up a thread in his honour. Strict modarating rules will apply - or else! . Only kidding. If any one has any funny stories about him etc please post them here - I'm just compiling a list as we speak It is a real loss to both our team and Surrey Police as a whole, and I for one am sad that he's leaving. Good luck boss!
-
Hi guys, I am a first time poster on here, just want to know if anyone on here will be on the PLC course starting a couple weeks, and if anyone can tell me otherwise, how long after the course has finished do you get I to the application process, does it happen quite quickly. Or is it slow moving, thanks guys
-
- 19 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
For any regular TPT officers, how long after street duties/attachments can you possibly get onto you level/grade 4 response driving course? You get grade 5 very quickly, but I'm expecting to be on TPT, and as Surrey run single crews mostly, not much point having a single crewed TPT officer who can't attend Grade 1 calls.
-
Does anyone have any inside info on what the future holds for Surrey police recruitment? The website still says that they are recruiting. Just wondering if further budget cuts were due, and whether the situation will change.
-
All, With the advent of the College of Policing and the like, is it likely that Surrey will continue to require the CLP Certificate in order to join, or is it likely to change to CKP/something else? Ta, Adam
-
Hello, Does anyone know the current Shift Pattern for TPT teams based out of Guildford is it the same for all TPT across the force?
-
Looking to speak to serving officers in particular based in the Guildford area? Just looking for a bit of information about specialists posts? Feel free to Pm me?
-
We are recruiting for a limited time only Following the review of the Special Constabulary, we will be recruiting a limited number of Specials to start training in August this year. The closing date for applications is 26 April and we will be putting the first 50 applications we receive through shortlisting in early May, so don't delay! Click how can I apply to find out more. http://www.surrey.police.uk/careers/become-a-special-constable Best of luck for anyone applying ! I expect they will receive well over 50+ applications !
-
I have just completed an assessment centre with Surrey and I am hopeful of starting as a reg in 2013. To do this I am leaving another force. I would be interested to try understand the difference in culture between the two before (hopefully) joining Surrey! The south coast force I am with are pretty down on morale - I know windsor has hit hard with pension reductions, pay freezes, and cut backs, but my assumption (maybe wrongfully) is that the negativity about these changes is nationwide amongst officers. What I am more interested in is the real differences between the forces. In my current area, PC recruitment has been frozen since 2010, and will continue to be frozen …
-
Looking to speak to serving officers in particular based in the Guildford area? Just looking for a bit of information about specialists posts? Feel free to Pm me?
-
Hi all, Finally after about 3-4 years of failed applications and interviews, I had a successul interview early this year for the PSO role, passed my security vetting, smashed my fitness test and sailed through my medical about a month ago. I am just waiting for a start date now I assume?! As far as I'm aware, my referees havent been contacted yet. I was just wondering when the next intake is for PSO's? Ive heard its August but I dont know how true that is. I did ring recruitment last week to try and get an update, someone said they would call me back but I havnt heard yet. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks!
-
Hello, I see that Sussex Police are looking for Transferee Police officers and saw this advert. Sussex Police are recruiting a limited number of transferees from other forces to join us in 2013 at the rank of police constable. We are therefore inviting officers from other forces to make a formal application to Sussex Police. It is likely that we will be looking for officers to be posted into Neighbourhood Response and Response Investigation policing teams at various locations across East/West Sussex and Brighton. Can i just ask a quick question, are these response Vacancies? or NPT roles? Thanks
-
So, no new topics in here for a while, how is everyone? Anybody got any regs applications going through? Lastly, any news on the specials review, when I left Surrey SC last year it was still "ongoing". What changes have you seen or heard about? Cheers!
-
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else has stumbled upon this website that is due to be starting the PLC Course at Brookland's (Weybridge)? I was supposed to start yesterday but one of the tutors was covering for another who was ill! Anyway, it would be nice to get chatting to any of you that will be on the course or anyone who has already completed the course. My other topic was directed at serving Specials, I'm very interested in become a special constable however, as I'm sure you already know, Surrey has halted recruitment while they carry out a review. Please bare with me while I ask a question that I'm sure you've been asked before (don't hate me for it!), Does …
-
- 4 replies
- 977 views
- 3 followers
-
-
From Surrey Police website: With effect from 1 April 2013 the national starting salary for police officers must be within the range of £19,000 to £22,000 and it is expected that discretion will be given to Chief Constables to decide what salary will be paid in their force. Assuming that this discretion is given, Chief Constable Lynne Owens in conjunction with Kevin Hurley, the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Surrey, has decided that the maximum starting salary of £22,000 will be paid. In addition to this, a South East Allowance of £2,000 per annum will continue to be payable for all new officers.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 3 followers
-