Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    I've noticed a lot of people mention something like the thread title recently and to me it makes no sense. People seem to use it as a get out of jail free card to prevent their opinions and comments being challenged. I don't see any difference between reading something on a online community or it being said on a bus or in a pub. You're still in public and as is certainly the case for all users with a serving officer badge, accountable for what you say should PSD come knocking. So why do people think that just because it has been said online it's less important than if it was said in any other public setting?

      • Like
    • 222 replies
    • 13.3k views
  2. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    This is just emerging as news on twitter - scary stuff; Link Times quoted in the article are GMT+7

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    In the interests of balance, click this first. Going by the story, I wonder why this wasn't treated as a racist attack, and, why weren't these females treated the same as any others anyway? First though, let us know what immediately went through your mind when you read the headline of this thread.

    • 11 replies
    • 837 views
    SM17HY1546081268
  4. Stratos
    Started by Stratos,

    (Bad language ahoy)

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Tark
    Started by Tark,

    What's the sentences for burglary other than dwelling in the summer riots in London ? im 17 and they gave me a 9month referral order and i breached it by missing 3 appointments i think they will send me back to court now what sentence will i get ?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Administrative Account
  6. shortman
    Started by shortman,

    brought it up in another thread, thought it would be good to have a topic about. its the company that runs the world......... no, not SKYNET, well not quite... its called SERCO here is a cool video its through youtube.

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    Brilliant video....

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  8. behn

    I was caught shoplifting at a retail shop the other day. I was shopping and met a friend inside the shop. we were talking and i came out of the shop not realizing i had a pair of reading glasses in my hand. a security officer came and pointed it out and i was literally shocked. they understood what happened because if I wanted to steal it i would have hid it in me not carry it in my hand. However they called the police and police issued me a fixed penalty of £80 which i paid the next day. I'm a student living in the UK, what i want to know is, I intend to apply for post study work visa in two months. in that case would this incident have any effect on my visa appli…

    • 13 replies
    • 3.1k views
  9. Marty McFly1546081284

    http://www.dailymail...s-lockdown.html

    • 2 replies
    • 881 views
  10. MrKguy

    Is this the end of democracy? This may help understand HR 1540. Even though senate passed the bill, the President must sign it before it is enacted. Enactment means anyone anywhere, including US citizens, may be indefinitely held without charge or trial, based solely on suspicions, baseless allegations or none at all. No reasonable proof is required, just suspicions that those detained pose threats. Under subsection (b)(1), indefinite detentions can follow mere membership (past or present) or support for suspect organizations. Presidents would have unchecked authority to arrest, interrogate and indefinitely detain law-abiding citizens if accused of potent…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Gone
    Started by Gone,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-15052030 Do members think that this is merely a token gesture? I'm inclined to think, unless there is a cultural and legal shift away from females being 'owned' by their husbands/male family members, that women simply won't be allowed to benefit from this legislative change. There is a difference between 'bottom up' social movements, and 'top down' legislation. This difference is one of a social consensus.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. support1546080886
    Started by support1546080886,

    As with many of us who drive daily in the course of work I often notice on the side of the road or tied to a near by lamp post flowers or perhaps a wreath or similar, some if not most of these are memorials to victims of road traffic accidents sadly. Some of the memorials I know the circumstances of the incident where this has happened locally or has been reported in the local press / tv news, but all too often my work takes me to other parts of the UK where I don't have local knowledge and as I pass these floral tributes I can't but help wonder what had happened. We now the BBC web site has helped fill the gap with a mapping application showing RTC's from 1999 to 20…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Jeebs1546081084
    Started by Jeebs1546081084,

    As we all know the current unemployment rate is rather high, and there are limited prospects for those who are out of work. I am currently unemployed, and have been since early September, I finished university in the summer and went straight back into my seasonal job working for an events company, who have employed me for the previous 3 years during my summer breaks from uni. I graduated with a BA (Hons) Geography degree, which has opened no doors what so ever despite what the lecturers said. I am a Special, and joined during university to "test drive" the job before I joined as a PC post uni, obviously due to unforeseen circumstances my Police career has not taken off …

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Morse1546080805
    Started by Morse1546080805,

    Does anyone watch whale wars on Discovery Channel? What's your thoughts on the actions of the Sea Shepherd crew?

    • 2 replies
    • 813 views
  15. Jeebs1546081084
    Started by Jeebs1546081084,

    A rather interesting article, I cant post the whole lot because its quite long. Heres a little bit to wet your appetites You can read the full article here. Its an interesting concept, and I imagine he is a interesting chap, whats your take on him and his way of life?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.