Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    This is a real scenario that I dealt with a couple of weeks ago. Three girls get into a pre-booked minicab and take a £20 journey. During the course of that journey, one of them (Linda) throws up inside the taxi. At the end of the journey the driver points to the notice in his cab stipulating a £30 fee for cleaning the cab and asks the girls to pay it. However, the girls just give him a £20 note and run off into a bar. The driver approaches you with this story and based on his description you promptly find the girls hiding in the toilets of the bar. Linda admits to having been sick in the taxi, but the girls claim to have given the driver an extra £50 to clean it. …

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 7.4k views
  2. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    I have two possible scenarios and both are as if you were off duty. Scenario 1: You are out driving and you notice a car zooming past you to overtake and barely missing an oncoming car. Call it in? follow and get reg? if they pull over for any reason do you approach and question? Scenario 2: Someone has parked their car on your driveway and are not in the car and blocking you from getting in/out of your driveway. Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 650 views
    obsidian_eclipse +
  3. Diaego
    Started by Diaego,

    This is actually a real situation so I'm curious as to what laws, if any, come in to play... I was standing at a bus stop near Waterloo in the morning and about 400ft around the corner is a Park Plaza hotel (this link shows the road layout). Black cabs were queueing up at the hotel, right the way around the corner, in to the bus lane - leaving no way for buses to pull in. Many buses consequently chose not to stop otherwise they would have completely blocked the road. When I boarded a bus that did stop in the middle of the road, I showed my warrant card to the driver, who asked if I could do anything about the taxi's. I explained to him that I was off-duty and without uni…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. supermancss
    Started by supermancss,

    Male reported to be selling SUS bottles purfume on Facebook. Male spoken to and initially says he's selling a few bottles. After further discussion says he has 80 bottles and gives them over saying big Jon asked me to sell them for 100. Bottles are not recognised brand. Are out of date. Offences I can think of...handling stolen goods. But there is no IP who has reported them stolen.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 606 views
  5. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    I have just seen a Facebook status posted by an admittedly very angry girl. I take it to be said in a racist manner, although it may not be intentional. Would you do anything with regards to it? (assuming you knew the girl). or do you not consider it an issue? "Can't beleive what happened in cardiff tonight, casually dancing in oceanna and some black c*** mugged ninas bag! Who the f*** does things like that!! "

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. pottheed
    Started by pottheed,

    You are in the station on the front desk and a woman comes in who had been raped, and has been in to report it over the past few weeks, and you check her case and is going to court. She asks you to ring her fiancee to prove that she has reported the fact that she has been raped. Would you do it? or stay out of it?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 661 views
  7. jlacy23
    Started by jlacy23,

    I work at one of the generic supermarkets (starts with an S...) and I have found that with alcohol, when purchasing it we follow the Think 25 Policy. Now if I feel that i need to refuse alcohol I will on grounds of No ID or purchasing for minors...etc Recently I had a fairly tall lad but certainly looked under 25, so asked for ID for which he produced... It was like like the citizenship card with the PASS logo on it, however this one was pretty worn and the PASS logo was completely gone. I consulted with a few colleagues and we all agreed we couldn't legally sell him alcohol... So I refused. He then decided to go down to another till to which I watched him and he got thr…

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Million
    Started by Million,

    So here is a scenario that occurred today, I'd like to know what others would do in the same situation, under the same circumstances. Take note that I had laser eye surgery a few days ago and have am under doctors orders to avoid 'contact sports' for atleast a month. So I was shopping in the local Co-Op this evening (other supermarket chains are available) and whilst on my way to the tills I notice a scruffy looking chap knelt down in the alcohol section, carefully placing a bottle of spirit into his manbag. "Bit dodgy" I thought, but could just be to save using a basket, benefit of the doubt for now. So whilst paying for my goods I keep an eye on the fellow as he move…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. mxbe
    Started by mxbe,

    please may i point out as much as it bugs the hell out of me i don't intend to crack the ticket book out for it. we all know cycling on a pavement will get you a ticket but what about the little fold up kids scooters, would there still be dealt with in the same way or are they not covered by law? is it an offence to be on the pavement on them? does there persons age effect how you can deal with it? Just wondering what the law is behind it really as i expect no body would want to stop a 7yr old on the pavement with there mother and start handing out tickets (ok some might).

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. BlockMan

    I am wondering on where the law stands on this: A friend of a friend of a friend works in a prison some where in the uk, and while on duty and doing a cell search, discovered a number of very realistic drawings of children ranging from 0 to 5 in various levels (for want of a better term) of sexual activity. The Prison Officers did not do much about it because they thought it was not illegal, Im not sure what punisment the prisoner or prisnors received. This was a few years ago. Is this kind of thing illegal? I would have thought it was. Also where would a person stand if they had an image of for example bart and lisa simpon from the simpons engaged in some kind of sexua…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    Hello all, Here's a scenario for you - if you're in a friends car and they keep breaking the speed limit in various places, although not into "dangerous driving" territory, where does that put you as a constable? I've told all of my mates repeatedly to stop breaking the speed limit to the point now I'm wasting my breath. Am I leaving myself open to a chat without coffee for not doing something if say a pedestrian was hit? Some may call me a snitch or worse but without a doubt I'd tell police/courts of the speed if there was an incident. All thoughts or comments welccomed - many thanks.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    Has anyone come across their car being driven around (ie stolen) while on shift or had a call to their address being burgled or on fire while on shift? Would you risk more since it is your own property?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

    I was walking to the local shop the other morning, just after all the snow had come down. I stopped at the corner and saw a car coming towards me. The cars windows had all been scraped clear of snow and were clear, but the person had not cleared any snow off the roof. There must have been a good 6" of the stuff on there. As he drove past the wind whipped a huge chunk of it off, which hit me like a giant snowball, completely knocking me off my feet (the pavement was really icy and I was only just managing to not fall over anyway). I dont know if the driver noticed or not, as he had gone slightly past me when it happened, but anyway, he didnt stop. Luckily nothing was hurt …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 978 views
  14. Josh'Grizzly'Gregory
    Started by Josh'Grizzly'Gregory,

    I know you aren't allowed to cycle in a train station or platform (including main concourse etc), but the amount of times I've given children words of advice about not cycling in the station is getting ridiculous. Does anyone know if I'd be able to confiscate the bikes and only have them returned to the kids if a parent comes down to collect them? I'm not saying I'll go around taking bikes off of kids without giving them a warning, but I'm referring to the ones who have had their warning and who I think might get back on their bikes as soon as my back is turned.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 895 views
  15. blueman28
    Started by blueman28,

    Not really a head-scratcher, just curious. Say you're travelling home from a duty during the wee hours and you're taking your radio with you to put it on charge, when you come across an RTC. The occupants are all clearly very badly injured and nobody has called the police r ambulance service yet. Would you call 999 using your mobile, or use your radio? Is it good/acceptable practice to use your radio without being attached to a callsign in an emergency? Or if you're at home one night, Airwave on charge next to your bed, and you awake to discover burglars downstairs. 999 or straight through on the radio?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.