Scenario City
This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!
2301 topics in this forum
-
Here's one for you - and I'm genuinely interested since I drive trucks, and don't know what the deal is. I don't know of any company that has anything in place to combat this (my company hasn't for a start!): You are following a lorry and sheets of ice start flying from the roof of the trailer, landing in the road in front of you. What offences? Obviously it's extremely dangerous if it starts hitting cars - this must have happened at some point. Also, any solutions? How do you de-ice the roofs of a number of trailers? Nationally, we have thousands!
-
A wierd one, if someone stabbed a person's artificial limb, say an arm, without harming any real parts of their body, would that be criminal damage or ABH/GBH?
-
This is driving me crazy just cant work out if there is power of entry under S.4a POA if it becomes S.31 CDA at the scene. Called to a scene theres a male in a house intentionally racially aggrevating a woman outside through his second floor window. After repeated warning the suspect and speaking to the victim she is happy to make a statement and go to court the suspect continues. As S.31 of Crime and Disorder Act is an either way offence can force be used under S.17 PACE to enter the property and arrest the suspect for that offence? Im already aware that arresting under S.4a POA doesn't grant the power of entry under S.17 PACE but what if its racially/religiously aggre…
-
Just a quick scenario for you, You are on the motorway in the early morning and it's been snowing very heavy. You notice that there are some average speed camera's above and road works. However you can't see any of the road work signs as they are covered in snow. The actual temporary speed limit is 50. Would you presume it's 40mph anyway? Any thoughts? Cheers Topman
-
This happened tonight, but ill post it in the scenario section. Earlier this evening, i went see my friend at his university, and had to pop in to his local Asda to get some supplies, not a nice place. As we walked in, i tripped over a plant pot., which he started to laugh at, as you would. Anyway, walking along in front of us was this 30 something year old bloke, well under the influence of alcohol. He turned to his left, then his right, seemingly troubled, then looked directly at my friend, who asked "everything alright mate?". At this point the man concerned turned to face him and ask what his problem was, in a slurring voice. "what you laughing at me for? you takin…
-
Recently I heard about a disabled person bad mouthing and kicking off at an officer, although the officer knew he was disabled the officer grabbed him and put him into a restraint position in order to calm him down. This is when another officer said he didn't know what he was doing (about the disabled guy) and the officer released him and let him walk away while still shouting abuse at the officer.... Now, I see this as the disabled person ' didn't ' know what he was doing, however some can also see that his actions should still be punished no matter if this person was disabled.... So i ask you all, if you come into a situation where you had a disabled person, kicking …
-
As I was driving into town yesterday with my partner's 18-month old, I drove past a marked car going the opposite way, the driver of which gave me a rather odd look, went down the road, all the way around a roundabout and followed me for a bit, before apparently changing his mind and leaving me be. This got me thinking: What if you stop someone driving who has a tot in the back, and end up having to arrest them for whatever reason? Obviously you can't just leave the child there. Does the presence of a child affect your decision whether to arrest or not? Would it make a difference if the arrest was made 1 mile from the child's home, 10 miles. 100 miles? What differences…
-
Let me start off by saying that I am not currently a special but I am hoping to apply by the end of this year. Ok, here is the real life scenario I was in. Some time ago I was on a night out in Liverpool, not where I am from, I live in Cheshire. I witnessed a 1 on 1 fight between 2 lads, one had the other on the ground and was giving him a good kicking, i caught them out the corner of my eye as I was leaving a bar, my immediate feeling were that I had to step in to help the guy on the ground, however at this time my friend was walking away, I shouted him to stop and come with me to help but as I turned back around the fight had been broken up by security/police. What …
-
Heya everyone This might sound little stupid but i been watching the bill and on one these episode the cop gets attacked by 20 gang members and gets all his kit taken off him, stab vest, pepper sray, radio and baton in real life what would happen if this happened in real life? and has it ever happened to one off you ?
-
There are a few ebay sellers that sell ex-police jackets (either without 'POLICE' markings removed, or with the markings never applied in the first place). If you can't visualise it, try this link: http://is.gd/6Jm13 In London, I see quite a few people riding around with these jackets on. I was thinking about whether or not it would be legal, and I ended up concluding 'no', because: - They have blue reflectors on them; Reflectors are considered 'lights' and blue lights are illegal on vehicles, so the blue reflective panels would make the jacket illegal ... however, they aren't attached to the vehicle, but to the rider, which complicates things: Is the rider considered …
-
Ok so bit of a obscure hypothetical situation. apparently according to a new bill " US military personnel anywhere in the world would be authorized to seize US citizens and others". what would you do if you saw unarmed US soldiers grabbing a US citizen from your town centre? would you stop them and arrest both the soldiers and the citizen or just the soldiers? yes i know its unlikely to happen so overtly and without the authorisation of their government or ours but i was just curious as to A: the legality of another country making an arrest in the UK. B: how you would react to such a situation?
-
Ive heard about lock Glueing. People being general nuisances and sticking super glue in car/door locks and what other locks they can find, to stop people being able to put keys in to unlock the door. What offences are these people causing?
-
I think I might have been a victim of an attempted robbery yesterday. It was certainly intimidating and if I was intimidated more easily then I probably would have parted company with my phone/money. However, whilst it was clear that this chap was up to no good - I'm not sure he committed any offences: I was on my way to work at abotu 2100 hours, I was in on the train and the carriage was completely empty. At one stop this guy gets on and sits directly opposite me (which is unusual to say the least). After a few seconds he asks if I can "lend him some money" as he hasn't got a ticket. I say I haven't got any change....the converstation continues in that vein for a few se…
-
Hello all. Imagine if you'd been the victim of theft at work (work colleague stealing from the locker room scenario) and were not the only one that this happened to. Several of your colleagues and you reported it to your boss. You infact caught your colleague red handed and reported this. The person who you caught rifling through your bag was sacked after an investigation but no criminal procedings brought against them. This was a few months ago and you've just got over the stress of giving evidence at an employment hearing which led to a previously trusted colleague and friend losing their job. UNTIL... You just received a "Christmas Card" from the husband of that e…
-
Yes this is taken from an article in the news recently, but as it originally happened in the US I have changed the scenario to the UK - It just got me thinking, what the hell would I do - over to forum goers You get called to a local DSS office where there are reports of a female causing a disturbance. On arrival you see a well endowed female standing topless in the car park. You detain the female who then states that she is, in fact, a transgender male who had gone through a partial sex change operation and was now waiting to have the final parts of her male genitalia removed. The reason she is walking round topless is to protest that the DSS refuse to change her sex on…