Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scenario City

This area of the forum is dedicated to scenarios - "what if" discussions based on real or imagined policing situations. Post your own or answer an existing scenario!

  1. Law_Grad
    Started by Law_Grad,

    The comments in another thread reminded me of something, which happened to me and created a bit of a puzzle as to what do you do next or for the best - note I say for the best, as opposed to from a strictly legal / law perspective Here’s the scenario You are driving down an almost deserted motorway in the evening / early night, when in the distance you realize that there’s a blue light flashing As you start to gain ground on these blue lights, and you realize that it’s an emergency vehicle that’s took command of the middle lane of the motorway As you get nearer you see that this vehicle is a fire engine, which has obviously reached its limit in relation to …

    • 17 replies
    • 960 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  2. Davies2201
    Started by Davies2201,

    Some really basic scenarios, I just want a really basic what to do. I am new Mainly bus offenses: What options do I have, FPN, arrest or summons for each scenario? 1) A bus drivers says he wants *that guy* off the bus. You ask him to leave the bus, he refuses. Simply BOP? Force him off the bus but do you arrest and take back to the station or has BOP ended once he has been thrown off the bus? 2) A person is found with an invalid ticket and refuses to pay? Would this be making off without paying? 3) A person is just simply swearing on the bus....simple section 5? FPN or if needed arrest? Any help is appreciated and I know they are basic examples.... Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 691 views
  3. rmt
    Started by rmt,

    Good Afternoon, This is my first post here, but i'm currently sitting at home petrified unable to move, so i'm attempting to be proactive with the situation and not panic too much! Ok so a bit of information, i'm currently applying to be a Special for West Midlands, and I have sent off the application. I for the last 3 years work as a Door Supervisor at a nightclub in my home town (West Midlands is my University district). Last night there was an incident, I think the best way to describe it would be for me to paste the incident report I had to write: " At Approximately 1am a gentlemen was being removed from a downstairs room of the venue by our Colleagues (Moses &a…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. alex06
    Started by alex06,

    on duty you see a very large male over 6ft very well built ( far bigger than yourself and crew mate) throw some litter ( large pizza box ) out of restraunt door onto the street. he is with three of his friends all of the same build and girlfriend. you approach the male with your partner and ask him to pick up the box he has just dropped. as you say this he picks a chair up in one hand, he doesn't directly threaten you with it but you are aware he has it. he says he's deaf and can't hear you (using a few swear words aswell) you explain again. you notice his free hand is now clemched into a fist, he continues to say what a waste of tax payers money you are and his girl frie…

    • 17 replies
    • 1k views
    HOT FUZZ1546080978 +
  5. Screw
    Started by Screw,

    Ok so I taxed my car online just as I was moving the tax disc went to wrong address and theres no way I can get it back to phoned the DVLA and they said change the v5 etc etc so I have done everything they have asked of me and I have current tax but no tax disc yet but I have just got a fixed penalty notice do I still have to pay the fixed pently even tho I have tax?

    • 36 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. DaveUK
    Started by DaveUK,

    Question stems from a TV program I saw. Man walking down the street, fully dressed but quite clearly has a very large erection. Over to you. Edit - Clarify by adding picture. Say for instance this man is walking down the high street.

    • 110 replies
    • 6.5k views
    Administrative Account
  7. sc-essex
    Started by sc-essex,

    This is a real scenario and it happened to me at the weekend. I was off duty and outside my house cleaning my car when I heard someone calling to me, I looked up and saw a little boy (4 or 5 I think he said) and he was looking for a friend of his, I said I hadn't seen anyone but he just kept walking. Now my road is 3/4 of a mile long and has a main road at one end and a massive 30 acre park at the other. I stopped what I was doing went inside to call the police and told them but their nearest unit was 10 minutes away so I got my warrant card (police instinct kicked in now) and door keys and by the time I came back out he was about 500 yards further down the road talkin…

    • 20 replies
    • 983 views
  8. MKspecial1875
    Started by MKspecial1875,

    Hypothetically you fit blue lights and a siren to your personal car in order to quickly get on duty in the event of a major incident, with the following stipulations: You still stick to all legal limits Lights and siren just used to get through traffic Lights and siren only used to get to duty when a major incident is involved What offences have been commited? My guess was illegal modifications to the car but could you be up for anything else?

    • 44 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. poppalarge
    Started by poppalarge,

    Ok I'll keep this as simple as possible. 1) A driver pulls is stopped by the police during the night, no lights on, claims he'd not been driving more than a few metres. 2) Officer asks driver if he'd been drinking. Driver replies that he'd had "a couple" some time earlier that evening hours prior. 3) Driver is arrested and taken to the station, not breathalysed at roadside. 4) Driver is processed, breathalysed at the station and is not over the limit, and thus released. Was the correct procedure followed here? should the driver have been breathalised on the roadside? Also in this scenario, what becomes of the driver, is the incident recorded in terms of arrest reco…

    • 51 replies
    • 3.7k views
  10. Baby20
    Started by Baby20,

    Say if my car was equipped with camera's that had all angles covered and just up the road there was an accident or other crime being commited would the footage be a suitable source of evidence? I've seen on road wars that there are a number of people in the states who have their vehicles equipped. There are so many reckless drivers and criminals out there who get off scott free because there is a lack of evidence to prosecute them. (my car isn't equipped but i just want to know whether it is a suitable source of evidence.) Thanks hunnies.

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  11. muppley
    Started by muppley,

    hey guys i am just going through the process and start training end of the month but in the meantime i would like a few queries answered. what are the piracy laws is it a case of if you own a pirate dvd its against the law you could get arrested? what if a friend or family member sells pirate dvds, what are your powers against them?? also what if your friends or family members are doing something that is illegal do you shop them, are you responsible for making the call to the police? what if you are called to a disturbance and find close friends/family involved what do you do?? this is purely a question i do not know anyone that is currently breaking laws.

    • 6 replies
    • 723 views
  12. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    In the works car park today, two blokes were rowing as one has damaged the others car by reversing into it. Not a huge amount of damage - cosmetic only to the front bumper, whcih once polished would probably leave only a small amount of damage to the paintwork. One bloke stated that the car park was private and belonged to the company so the police couldn't get involved. Is this right? Would the outcome be different if the driver had driven off after knowing he had done it, the same as if he did it on a public road (driving off from the scene of an accident??). Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. specialosu
    Started by specialosu,

    Waiting for a train, you see two teenage girls having an argument with another group of teenagers (approx age of everyone: 13-15). You get on the train, two of the teenage girls get on the train and exclaim really loudly "god those girls were right, we do stink of weed, ahaha, **** we do!" ... you're sitting near them. This carries on, they start getting louder and making a big deal: ... Then one of them pulls out a plastic packet of weed and waves it around saying "this stuff is goooood" ... the other replies: "Oh god, you still have that weed?! AHAHA". What do you do? Other facts: - There is CCTV on board and it is facing them - Passengers are aware although not v…

    • 76 replies
    • 5.9k views
  14. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    A small scenario, this is one I actually saw the other day: You see an emergency plumber's van going down the road with flashing amber lights on as if he's "repsonding" to a call - whats the offence here? I'm sure there is one! F&V

    • 8 replies
    • 952 views
  15. Julz
    Started by Julz,

    Hi im just curious of peoples experiences in applying to the regulars after serving as a special. I have a friend who served as a special for many years then applied to the reguars only to fail on medical grounds. But was still deemed fit to work as a special.. I have just been accepted into the specials and would like to some day apply to the Regulars and just wondered how common this is.. I realise that being a special doesnt automatically mean you`ll be accepted into the regs.. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced such probs?

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.